Korg PS-3300 full size reissue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BertKoor wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:01 pm Yours for free:
https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb3300.html

(cross fingers that is not a 32bit SynthEdit wanna-be PS-3300)
Looks decent:
FullBucketMusic wrote: v1.2.4 [19-Jan-2024]
The FB-3300 is a software instrument for Microsoft Windows (VST2/VST3/CLAP) and Apple macOS (VST2/VST3/CLAP/AU) simulating the KORG PS-3300 Polyphonic Synthesizer from 1977. It is written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I think I just had an underpants accident. I mean, there's no way on earth I'm going to buy one at that price, but I sooooo fkn WANT one. It's more than WANT, my soul yearns for it through the depths of interdimensional being. :hyper: :pray:

It has 49 voices. WTF do I do with 49 voices? FFS I don't even have enough fingers to count that high.

I think I want to have Korg's babies.

What you do is you cut a piece of 4x2 to the width of the keyboard, gently lay it across the keys and press down firmly.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

That sounds like my kinda tune. :tu:

"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Hmm.. sounds a bit boring to my ears. :shrug:

bmanic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:41 am Hmm.. sounds a bit boring to my ears. :shrug:
It sounds a lot boring to me. That was the first thing that I thought when this was announced. The PS-3300 was not that outlandishly priced when it came out, meaning, that corners were cut. I got interested in these years back and studied the circuits a bit and the synths are fairly minimal and simple.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the slight appeal of all of that note over note variation, but only if Behringer produced this for 3k. That's why I bought the Solina, its very subtle and probably wouldn't be noticed in a mix, but I like it in hardware and it's tiny and was only three bills.

It's a cool project in a nostalgic way, but I was on the fence at three bills for a Solina, if I was going to drop $13k on a synth, I can think of much better choices than this.

I liked Cuckoo’s video. I think it sounds remarkably lush but more in the sense of a big pipe organ than a typical poly synth. When it gets weird (and it gets weird easily) it’s in the most interestingly coherent ways. Even when tuned strangely, the voices beat against each other in a very pleasant way.

I feel like it’s at its best as a massively polyphonic drone synth, with mellower spectra and slow modulation. But it can also make some really odd rhythms and uniquely unconvincing attempts at acoustic instruments. You might say “it better do a hell of a lot more than that for the price” and that’s probably true but I couldn’t help but find myself a little smitten.

The emulations don't really sound as crisp and detailed as the real one for sure.

If you're skeptical of this whole reissue business, go right ahead and grab one of the originals! :o

https://reverb.com/item/78751948-korg-p ... d12db9976b

At that price, basically a museum piece. Personally, I don't like the sound, but people like Aphex Twin seem to like it.
<list your stupid gear here>

Damn i want one!
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”