Synclavier Noise Sound

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you go into the timbre disk patches posted in that Facebook group by Cameron Jones, there's a patch called 2388 giant metal sheet (timbre disk 4) that shares some characteristics with the first tamtam/gong in the track with maybe a touch of phased-gong in it. it uses a fair amount of additive combined with fm to get the sound. I suspect the original is along those lines but gangs up more partials to get a more complex sound. but the overall harmonic and amp envelopes in that patch seem to be good starting points to me.

BertKoor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:00 pm I'd call it rather a gong sound than white noise. Made with FM for sure. I think you get this sort of things when an operator modulates its own frequency. For me it's black magic.
Good luck hunting it down!
SYnclavier does not allow for operator feedback
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:28 am if you go into the timbre disk patches posted in that Facebook group by Cameron Jones, there's a patch called 2388 giant metal sheet (timbre disk 4) that shares some characteristics with the first tamtam/gong in the track with maybe a touch of phased-gong in it. it uses a fair amount of additive combined with fm to get the sound. I suspect the original is along those lines but gangs up more partials to get a more complex sound. but the overall harmonic and amp envelopes in that patch seem to be good starting points to me.
Again, you are focusing on the wrong preset.

Look at the clip at the timestamp provided.
Listen to the FIRST sound you hear in Kiew Mission (same preset).

I am NOT talking about the beat it/phased gong preset.

I don't mean to be rude but it is very frustrating to have to keep reiterating this point

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:06 am
BertKoor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:00 pm I'd call it rather a gong sound than white noise. Made with FM for sure. I think you get this sort of things when an operator modulates its own frequency. For me it's black magic.
Good luck hunting it down!
SYnclavier does not allow for operator feedback
Which is why this patch is quite the conundrum. But it's there, on that demo disk. So assuming it's not a fraud, the question remains. How?

ghostwhistler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:39 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:28 am if you go into the timbre disk patches posted in that Facebook group by Cameron Jones, there's a patch called 2388 giant metal sheet (timbre disk 4) that shares some characteristics with the first tamtam/gong in the track with maybe a touch of phased-gong in it. it uses a fair amount of additive combined with fm to get the sound. I suspect the original is along those lines but gangs up more partials to get a more complex sound. but the overall harmonic and amp envelopes in that patch seem to be good starting points to me.

I don't mean to be rude but it is very frustrating to have to keep reiterating this point
I know exactly which sound you mean. I'm not talking about phased gong either. but it's clear you know best and won't take anything that isn't a 1:1 remake, so on you go.

ghostwhistler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:02 am
BertKoor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:07 pm ghostwhistler == Martin Arnold?
Care to share how that preset sounds?
Sure: https://soundcloud.com/user151958515/ki ... al_sharing
Oh, how disappointing. Commonly known as the "Beat It" gong...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:25 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:02 am
BertKoor wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:07 pm ghostwhistler == Martin Arnold?
Care to share how that preset sounds?
Sure: https://soundcloud.com/user151958515/ki ... al_sharing
Oh, how disappointing. Commonly known as the "Beat It" gong...
You're welcome. Was happy to take the time and trouble, but next time you can do one. How rude

gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:07 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:39 am

I know exactly which sound you mean. I'm not talking about phased gong either. but it's clear you know best and won't take anything that isn't a 1:1 remake, so on you go.
Well, yeah. That's the whole point. :D

Return to “Sound Design”