MacOS Sonoma / Apple Silicon: Multicore Performance Fixed?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check this link for MacOS compatibility: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_O ... patibility looks like a M2 Mac Studio Ultra needs Ventura as a minimum version

I have a piece of hardware indicating that I may need to jump into Ventura and bypass Monterey. Are people running patchwork in Ventura without any big issues? I can't seem to find many Ventura posts in the forum, with regard to compatibility. But I've only done a couple of queries and will continue to sift through the space.

songcitynashville wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:05 am I have a piece of hardware indicating that I may need to jump into Ventura and bypass Monterey. Are people running patchwork in Ventura without any big issues? I can't seem to find many Ventura posts in the forum, with regard to compatibility. But I've only done a couple of queries and will continue to sift through the space.
Just to clarify: there are no particular compatibility issues with Ventura or Sonoma. But if you try to run PatchWork in multicore mode while it is not using much CPU, you will get audio drop outs very quickly. When the CPU is quite busy (on large sessions for example), which is when multicore is really needed, there is usually no problem. We are currently working on this.

We've got an exciting update about this topic, check it out!

Realtime Audio Multicore Issues for Apple Silicon: End of the Story?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 pm We've got an exciting update about this topic, check it out!
That was a fascinating article - and while I'm not a developer, I am a licensed Cubase (and Wavelab) user operating in Native mode, so sad to hear that a VST3 fix is likely not on the horizon anytime soon. I was having audio dropouts on my M2 Max and couldn't understand why. I'll lower my buffer as indicated. Thank you!

burkek wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:28 pm That was a fascinating article - and while I'm not a developer, I am a licensed Cubase (and Wavelab) user operating in Native mode, so sad to hear that a VST3 fix is likely not on the horizon anytime soon. I was having audio dropouts on my M2 Max and couldn't understand why. I'll lower my buffer as indicated. Thank you!
As mentioned in our article, if you use some of our plug-ins impacted by this issue, the previews should fix it, even for the VST or VSt3 version! :party:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”