Jura(AirMusicTech)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm, this is definitely a no-go for me as a VST plugin, it just doesn't sound all that good in my opinion. Even for MPC use I am finding it quite lacking. A really annoying thing is that there is no way to tune the pitch of the synth, this means layering on the MPC will be a chore and has to be done through resampling first, then slightly varying the pitch of the samples.

Why on earth don't they provide a basic +/- 50 cents tuning option?

Also it's a bit annoying that they skipped the DCO octave switches. Yeah sure you can easily do this within the sequence itself but it's still annoying. Again, experimenting with layering several instances becomes much more cumbersome.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Air music tech is like when smoke mysteriously started rising from the Wonka factory after years of silence. Except instead of magical candy it's mediocre-at-best audio plugins. I still want to see the Oompa Loompas though.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

They recently made a few in my opinion great effects. The AIR Delay Pro thing and AIR Flavor.

.. but yeah, instead of this very mediocre Juno wannabe I'd much rather see them update Loom 2. Now that one is really unique and awesome, deserves some love.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

So Air have time to throw together a Juno emulation no one needs yet can't seem to process my reset ilok request...

skyscape wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am So Air have time to throw together a Juno emulation no one needs yet can't seem to process my reset ilok request...
That's inMusic for you. Already have Softube, but wouldn't even try this even if I didn't.

skyscape wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am So Air have time to throw together a Juno emulation no one needs yet can't seem to process my reset ilok request...
For the MPC Software? I might have like 2 or 3 extra keys if you need one. :lol:

Pretty gritty thing and first MPC synth with useful arpeggiator. So, very welcome addition. Reverb sounds a little lofi and grainy. But - it´s MPC and there are a lot of options. Keep them coming AIR! :party: Bounce to audiotrack doesn´t work correctly when arp is activated. Chorus is huge.
The average bored guy

I don't mind it doesn't sound like Juno at all. For me it just sounds good. Of course I wouldn't buy it as another vst instrument ;) but for MPC it's a great addition.

Wanted vst3. vst2 is obligatory on install. pass.

I blind-tested this against Softube's and Tal's and surprisingly preferred Air's version.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:44 pm I blind-tested this against Softube's and Tal's and surprisingly preferred Air's version.
I love the filter resonance in the Softube one. It's so metallic and magical.

I think it's great that AIR are back in the game even if Jura is a little underwhelming. At one point AIR were one of the most prolific and innovative plugin developers. But I'm sure all those people are long gone.

But maybe AIR can at least create resizable interfaces for their many legacy plugins and also make them available in VST3 format which is required in Cubase Pro 12. Some of those plugins still sound good.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

They don’t care about their old products, they bring out something new and never look back. Like sonnivox. I won’t buy their crap again

What is MPC?

It seems some of the influencers like the reverb more than the actual synth (on MPC). Not sure this scratches any itches.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Return to “Instruments”