Another Reverb…..Softube Wasted Space.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Softube say (from the manual): “Wasted Space mimics an early digital-era plate reverb with all the quirks and digital artifacts turned up to 11.”
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

They should do a similar delay and call it ‘Wasted Time’ :)

ftech wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am I'm comparing them now and, to be fair, they both sound very different.
Ratshack is much, much more obviously delay based, but still very old school gritty sounding.
Room for both, methinks.
It might make more sense to compare Wasted Space to Audio Damage ADverb2, which is described as a "vintage digital plate reverb."

There are not enough reverbs and pianos out there, everyone knows that.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

For digital verb, Megaverb (Goodhertz) offers a lot more control, but also costs a lot more.

I paired Wasted Space with the new Model-82 101 emulation and the combo certainly can get you into "Selected Ambient Works 85-92" territory very quickly. I like it.

SonicDimension wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:07 pm
ftech wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am I'm comparing them now and, to be fair, they both sound very different.
Ratshack is much, much more obviously delay based, but still very old school gritty sounding.
Room for both, methinks.
It might make more sense to compare Wasted Space to Audio Damage ADverb2, which is described as a "vintage digital plate reverb."
Makes sense, but unfortunately I don't own Adverb.
But I think I might own Wasted Space soon. I'm using, and liking, it a lot.

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:15 pm There are not enough reverbs and pianos out there, everyone knows that.
:lol:

I wonder what the Aliasing Police will make of this one?

A coup for the coders. Build in aliasing so no one can complain about aliasing.

It will probably be the wrong sort of aliasing for the purists
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm They should do a similar delay and call it ‘Wasted Time’ :)
Then combine them all in a bundle called 'Wasted Money'

sorry

I picked it up last night, which a bunch of other goodies on sale at Softube. I doubt I’ll use the stand alone that much. Seems like I could get that by running a reverb though other bit/rate reducers, but having it inside Modular seems like it would be a hoot, and you know me. I’m all about hooting.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I believe they never really fully nailed the good old Alesis - Algorithms, which were pretty unique in due to the technical limitations of those times. This is not a natural Reverb by any means, yet might be exactly that Dark Ambient Long Verb you have been looking for.

The Audio Damage Ones are actually pretty good though and there is another one, which seems trying to emulate the same thing; similar GUI like AD with Blue and the typical Red LED's, maybe Giant Verb or something.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

The Korneff folks do have a goodie that *I* like to think comes close to the early alesis verb sound:
https://korneffaudio.com/product/micro- ... erberator/

blortblort wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:00 pm The Korneff folks do have a goodie that *I* like to think comes close to the early alesis verb sound:
https://korneffaudio.com/product/micro- ... erberator/
They modeled a Microverb? :phones: Will definitely check that one out, since I can also compare it it to the original Unit. :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

It uses impulse responses from the original units, rather than being algorithmic iirc

The Korneff MDR is awesome on snares/kicks/claps and drums in general. A cool MidiVerb/Microverb fx

I got one instance permantly living on my ABL3 track aswell
This Wasted Space is also really nice, I am using it more on synthparts.

Return to “Effects”