[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v9.5.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:19 am The note detection is case insensitive. The layer detection on the other hand is case sensitive.
There is no need to add a layer indicator if there is only 1 layer.
Ok, cheers!

I just did a bit more testing and think I figured it out. If you have file names without velocity layers (e.g. "ShortBass_C2.wav"), the tool will fail if you leave the velocity detection pattern empty. It gives the error:

"Could not create multisample: Could not detect MIDI note in file name: ShortBass_C.wav".

Adding in any old velocity detection pattern (e.g. "v*") seems to work - you obviously don't end up with any velocity layers, but it does allow the tool to run without any errors.

Hez wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 am
moss wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:19 am The note detection is case insensitive. The layer detection on the other hand is case sensitive.
There is no need to add a layer indicator if there is only 1 layer.
Ok, cheers!

I just did a bit more testing and think I figured it out. If you have file names without velocity layers (e.g. "ShortBass_C2.wav"), the tool will fail if you leave the velocity detection pattern empty. It gives the error:

"Could not create multisample: Could not detect MIDI note in file name: ShortBass_C.wav".

Adding in any old velocity detection pattern (e.g. "v*") seems to work - you obviously don't end up with any velocity layers, but it does allow the tool to run without any errors.
The error message shows that you missed the octave number.

moss wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:52 pm The error message shows that you missed the octave number.
These files all had an octave number included - they worked as soon as I entered an arbitrary velocity matching pattern.

For some reason the error message truncates the last character of the filename. Here's some screenshots - the first time was run with a blank velocity matching pattern, the second time with an arbitrary "v*" in the velocity detection pattern. Other than changing the velocity detection pattern, all other parameters were kept the same. I can send you the files if you'd like.

Hez wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm
moss wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:52 pm The error message shows that you missed the octave number.
These files all had an octave number included - they worked as soon as I entered an arbitrary velocity matching pattern.

For some reason the error message truncates the last character of the filename. Here's some screenshots - the first time was run with a blank velocity matching pattern, the second time with an arbitrary "v*" in the velocity detection pattern. Other than changing the velocity detection pattern, all other parameters were kept the same. I can send you the files if you'd like.
Yes, please do (PM me the download link).

moss wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:17 am
Hez wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm

Yes, please do (PM me the download link).
Thanks for the files! The issue was that an empty field resulted in one empty matcher, which caused this effect.
This will be fixed in the next update. Until then, simply enter something.

Awesome, thanks very much moss!

I know this is a longshot, but any chance of supporting conversion to E-mu SP-1200 disk image? The Sp-1200 has seen a resurgence in popularity recently, especially with the re-release by Rossum. Moreover, software does not exist that provides SP-1200 support. (EMXP is the closest I know of, but it doesn't support the 1200, only the 12.)

bigbot wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:51 pm I know this is a longshot, but any chance of supporting conversion to E-mu SP-1200 disk image? The Sp-1200 has seen a resurgence in popularity recently, especially with the re-release by Rossum. Moreover, software does not exist that provides SP-1200 support. (EMXP is the closest I know of, but it doesn't support the 1200, only the 12.)
I have no plans to support this. In general, if someone is interested (and capable to) to support other formats, please get in touch with me.

Cool!

GaryG wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am Only had a minor play so far with some wavs but works fine, think this is going to be a very useful tool, thanks a lot. At the very least, I can retire some of my hacky VBS scripts. :)
mccy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm I have one question: I am a hughe fan of Shortcircuit2 and have a hughe library made with it.
The team that resurrected Surge have the source to ShortCircuit2 and are planning a similar future for it. From how they've treated Surge, I'd be surprised if they didn't support existing libraries so you may just be able to use them straight at some point.

Project page is here: https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/shortcircuit-xt
Whaaaaattttt!!!??? That's fantasic news!!!!

ConverWithMoss 4.7 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • New: WAV: Layer detection pattern fields are now checked to contain a '*'.
  • Fixed: WAV: Having the layer detection pattern field empty led to undetectable MIDI notes.
  • Fixed: WAV: The order of potential note names in file names could have been wrong and therefore a detection could fail.
Enjoy!

GaryG wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 am Only had a minor play so far with some wavs but works fine, think this is going to be a very useful tool, thanks a lot. At the very least, I can retire some of my hacky VBS scripts. :)
mccy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:27 pm I have one question: I am a hughe fan of Shortcircuit2 and have a hughe library made with it.
The team that resurrected Surge have the source to ShortCircuit2 and are planning a similar future for it. From how they've treated Surge, I'd be surprised if they didn't support existing libraries so you may just be able to use them straight at some point.

Project page is here: https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/shortcircuit-xt
Wow... great news!!!

Hi Moss, first off thanks for the hard work! The software seems pretty great and I appreciate you giving it out for free! I'm having an issue converting .xpm banks into sfz files. Originally I thought it was my soundfont player but using different players confirms it's the conversion. I was having an issue where notes would only play sometimes on midi key presses and other times I would be met with silence. I THINK I may have found the issue after opening up the sfz file in a text editor. It appears that when converting files with different velocities, that they all list the same velocity in their code. As a test I converted an .xpm sound with 2 velocity layers at 64 and 128. Here's the soundfont code outputted by the converter for one of the notes:

<region>
sample=ptrnd2 Samples/ptrnd2-060 C3 064.WAV
pitch_keycenter=60
lokey=60 hikey=65
hivel=64
offset=58 end=176399
volume=6.00
ampeg_attack=0.0 ampeg_hold=0.0 ampeg_decay=1.4173200000000001 ampeg_release=0.0 ampeg_sustain=100.0
loop_mode=loop_continuous loop_start=58 loop_end=176399
fil_type=lpf_2p cutoff=20000.00 resonance=0.00

<region>
sample=ptrnd2 Samples/ptrnd2-060 C3 128.WAV
pitch_keycenter=60
lokey=60 hikey=65
hivel=64
offset=20 end=176399
volume=6.00
ampeg_attack=0.0 ampeg_hold=0.0 ampeg_decay=1.4173200000000001 ampeg_release=0.0 ampeg_sustain=100.0
loop_mode=loop_continuous loop_start=20 loop_end=176399
fil_type=lpf_2p cutoff=20000.00 resonance=0.00

I am just now getting into soundfonts so I'm not too familiar with the code, but if I'm interpreting it correctly, it appears that the converted soundfont lists the velocity of both layers as 64? I'm assuming that's why I'll only get sound if I press the keys with a certain velocity. If I try to get a max velocity read out, I get silence. Is this a bug? or can I only export one velocity layer from .xpm? Thanks again for the hard work!

Quick follow up. I was able to convert the the .sfz file to one with usable velocity layers by using an sfz editor (polyphone was giving me errors trying to import the wavs so I used sfzed). Seems the program took away a lot of the other code that seemed useful in your conversion so this is only a temporary fix but here's the updated sfz using sfzed:

<region>
sample=ptrnd2 Samples\ptrnd2-060 C3 064.WAV
lokey=c4
hikey=f4
hivel=64
offset=58
loop_start=58

<region>
sample=ptrnd2 Samples\ptrnd2-060 C3 128.WAV
lokey=c4
hikey=f4
lovel=65
offset=20
loop_start=20

Hopefully this is helpful and you're able to fix the issue. Sorry to bombard you with notifications.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”