How can I trust KVR if user reviews and stars can be edited by the devs ?! Soundigy not playing fair

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Michael Avenatti still available ?

Still. Not a nice move. Unsurprising to me in a world where businesses get people to pad reviews with glowing 5 star entries to up the overall rating
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Can the reviewer delete the 5-star review with their name on it? It would be annoying to have a 5-star review out there with my name on it when I didn't do it and don't consider it deserved.

dreamkeeper wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:10 pm Topic in latest posts:

How can I trust KVR if user reviews and stars can be edited by the devs ?! Soundigy not playing fair
viewtopic.php?p=8153021

I was able to read the first page, then:
KVR wrote:Information

You are not authorised to read this forum.
WTF?!
Been moved into the moderators forum to look at? Just a guess..

I moved it to the private suite to better get the attention of Ben, I made a post before I did explaining that it was being moved and left it for 45 minutes...sorry for any confusion. We do have a mod forum, we often move threads there instead of deleting them...in this case it seemed like prudent thing to do.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

OK - thanks for clarification.
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

This was an oversight on my part.

There was a bit of logic that allows KVR "super user" admin accounts (me, Chris, Peter, Maxine) to delete and edit reviews when appropriate. There was an additional check to allow KVR admins anointed with some additional permissions to do this also (semi super users if you like, Dan & Nate currently), however this check was actually also giving developer admins edit permissions on their products' reviews (I don't recall adding this intentionally!).

Editing of reviews is only intended to be to correct errors or remove inappropriate comments, NOT for changing ratings or complete rewriting!

I've removed the Soundigy edited review (and the one they published themselves...).

I've fixed the logic so that only appropriate super users can make edits (not that we do much, we are more likely to delete an inappropriate review than edit it - some people like to use them as bug reports or for grumbling about stuff rather than reviewing).

I do have a long-standing feature request to add a "reply to review" option for devs to use to respond to reviews. Maybe I should push that through soon.

Sorry for the cock up that allowed this to happen.

Law suit cancelled then?

Ben [KVR] wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:28 amSorry for the cock up that allowed this to happen.
People make mistakes. However the fact that there was an accidental loophole isnt really an excuse for the folk who drove a truck full of weaselly shit through it.
Having fixed the technical issue which allowed them to hijack the review system for their own ends, are you prepared to say what action you might be taking against a company which took the very deliberate decision to manipulate KVR, and folk who rely on it for their spending decisions, and fraudulently misrepresent KVR users?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Allowing devs to respond to reviews seems like a good long-term solution.
A well-behaved signature.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:41 am Law suit cancelled then?
shame lawers gotta eat too :(

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:41 am Law suit cancelled then?
shame lawers gotta eat too :(
Can't they just eat each other? My 1cent is for allowing a response too
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:26 am
Ben [KVR] wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:28 amSorry for the cock up that allowed this to happen.
People make mistakes. However the fact that there was an accidental loophole isnt really an excuse for the folk who drove a truck full of weaselly shit through it.
Having fixed the technical issue which allowed them to hijack the review system for their own ends, are you prepared to say what action you might be taking against a company which took the very deliberate decision to manipulate KVR, and folk who rely on it for their spending decisions, and fraudulently misrepresent KVR users?
Seriously. Wtf is right.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pmshame lawers gotta eat too :(
Only until the concrete galoshes dry.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ppl read those reviews?

blimey.....

Well, they would not edit user reviews if it were not that easy, I suppose.

Return to “Site Stuff”