[Resolved please update at AIR Website] Beware, iLok/PACE installation (BSOD) problems (Structure/Strike)!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, there is no option to customize the installation for the Xpand2! installer I was sent today, as the company rep stated above. I'm going to do a hard pass on the several VSTs I own from this developer under the Air and Sonivox brands until they fix the problems they have long been aware of -- if they ever fix the problems.

After nearly half a year since the company rep acknowledged they were aware of this very serious problem, they've still continued to distribute the problem software speaks volumes about this company. Buyer beware. I wish I would have known about them before I purchased.
Last edited by eDrummist on Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Following

Installed mixmeister express tonight and noticed it installed Pace anti piracy. Rebooted and now won't boot up. Restore doesn't work. How friggen annoying. I installed on another PC but didn't reboot yet. Uninstalled on there but holding off on rebooting.

mccy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:03 am Rename Tpkd.sys in system32 drivers start again, uninstall wrong pace version.

That's it, thats the solution.
Thank you! This fixed it and I also learned how to use command line lol.

vice86 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 am Installed mixmeister express tonight and noticed it installed Pace anti piracy. Rebooted and now won't boot up. Restore doesn't work. How friggen annoying. I installed on another PC but didn't reboot yet. Uninstalled on there but holding off on rebooting.
What os are you on?

I had the same problem. I reinstalled Windows 2 times, because i realized the secound time, this was because of pace. Since them i am affraid of installing air plugins, but i am missing my vacuum pro

mccy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:03 am Rename Tpkd.sys in system32 drivers start again, uninstall wrong pace version.

Wa

Ubuntu Live CD/USB could also be used to access the folders. Might save a bit of hassle.

surreal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Wa
Exactly, a workaround, not a solution.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

surreal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 am
vice86 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 am Installed mixmeister express tonight and noticed it installed Pace anti piracy. Rebooted and now won't boot up. Restore doesn't work. How friggen annoying. I installed on another PC but didn't reboot yet. Uninstalled on there but holding off on rebooting.
What os are you on?
Windows 10

jponce wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:06 am rename the system 32 file to what?
Wow! Is that it? I spent 6 day installing and configuring new PC only to by killed by those legacy pace drivers (Auto-Tune 7). I haven’t slept for a day because of the anxiety.
I can’t boot at all and Windows 10 system restore says my password is wrong (known issue). I’m considering getting another disk to install Linux to access and delete/rename the file. Has anyone succeeded this way?
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

jponce wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:06 am I can’t boot at all and Windows 10 system restore says my password is wrong (known issue). I’m considering getting another disk to install Linux to access and delete/rename the file. Has anyone succeeded this way?
I dual boot Linux and Windows. I've deleted stubborn files on the Windows side from Linux. The only thing that has every stopped me altering the Windows drive is when a disk check is scheduled. You could put Linux on a USB drive to access Windows.

There's Hiren's boot CD that has a password remover.

I was able to boot from a Windows Install USB to access command prompt and followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEtLuRvLwA
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

This is the most helpful and least helpful comment all in one. :hihi: Could have provided the DIR line.

im in command prompt and cant find the file.

So the video is the most helpful but you gotta navigate to the proper drive letter. Got all the way to J before finding the correct drive.

THis thread should be a sticky on the download pages of the mentioned software.

Thanks for all who contributed to the "solution". :clap:

After the last update of W10 again BSOD.
I had installed Vacuum, Hybrid, Mini-Grand, Sonivox Film, Structure, Loom and Ignite last.
I had to format the pc again.
That's not correct, I paid for some programs that don't work.
On PB the downloads of Ignite, Loom, Structure and Sonivox are not available, they have not yet been updated.
After a year it makes me think that they will never be updated, in which case I want my money back or a conversion for other vst....Is it right or not?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”