ZYN V3 : Final price ?

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Laurent75 wrote:@ Marginal Ray : In Reaper rename the old zyn vst ( to for example zynaddsubfx_499.dll ) and Reaper will recognize both the old vst and new ZYN3.0 vst. I did unzip the w64-package into a folder in the vst directory while the old zyn vdx version was located into another folder. Works perfectly :-)
Thanks Laurent. It works.
UPDATE AFTER NEW TEST : If you open a existing music project with zyn tracks, ZYN3 is loaded on each track, what I don't want. So the solution would have being renaming the new zynaddsubfx dll. If you do so, old projects open with the old zyn, what is ok, and you can load the new one. But with no GUI (it's just black).
My setup : Win7 64bits with Reaper 64 bits, testing and lovi'n the zyn3 version :-)
Kind Regards. Laurent.
Same setup, and several other buggs. Is it the VST version ? Is it Reaper ? Normally, Betas must be tested in every main DAWs... It's a long and hard work, so betas testers are welcome (but not with a demo version).
Last edited by Marginal Ray on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

fundamental wrote: That's unfortunate. Looking at the source for jackoo's VST version the save/load handler within the VST bindings is essentially the same to what the new version uses. I would have expected them to load just fine. Based upon the glacial speed of debugging on windows I imagine this won't be addressed on the initial release, but I hope this issue can be corrected by 3.0.1. As per a workaround you would have to load jackoo VST version, export the master setting file via a .xmz and then load the new plugin and load the .xmz file.
I’m very sorry, because your GUI is excellent. But the VST version is to buggy or unfinished to be sold in its current state :
- Load Master: navigation is not clear. Only C: is seen (while the old Zyn works!).
- Save an instrument crashes the DAW (tested twice).
- No "save as…"
- Etc.

It's too soon to talk about price... and to release a demo.

It seems not possible to pay for the GUI VAT-free by inputting a valid VAT ID?

EvilDragon wrote:It seems not possible to pay for the GUI VAT-free by inputting a valid VAT ID?
Looking into gumroad's documentation they indicate that they can issue a VAT credit with "sufficient evidence".
http://help.gumroad.com/11164-payments/ ... h=13998997
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Hm, that's a bit not cool, waiting up to a week or two for deduction... Probably not the best way to go about it for a payment processing service. For example, Fastspring handles this right away without the need for such wait, VAT gets deducted during checkout...

Am also considering to support the really well worked out UI efforts (as well as it becoming open source) by buying a license. Am hold off from gumroads greedyness if you try to use PayPal. I don't want to give gumroad permission to debit arbitrary amounts of money from my account, I just want to pay for this one synth - which doesn't seem to be possible, they insist on unlimited 'blank' direct debit access.
Please consider to use another payment provider this one s...eems suboptimal.

Ok, bought it even though I dislike the rights they request on my Paypal account. Did some Googling, most negative things I could find about gumroads were related to unhappy sellers, not buyers. So I hope its safe...

NothanUmber wrote:Ok, bought it even though I dislike the rights they request on my Paypal account. Did some Googling, most negative things I could find about gumroads were related to unhappy sellers, not buyers. So I hope its safe...
Thanks for supporting the project. :)

When I did the background research for various options to host the fundraiser gumroad seemed to have a pretty positive reputation from what discussions/reviews I had read. Every option had it's own set of issues, though I do wish that I had come across something which at least documented the unusual paypal implementation. Going into the fundraiser I incorrectly assumed paypal support meant full paypal support and not paypal+quirks, but that's what appears to have happened. It would have also been nice to know about some of the VAT issues; they're fairly hard to understand as a non-european.

Hello, i've a few questions.

1) What is the target amount before making it opensource?
2) Will there be any builds for 64 bit windows with the old GUI in the mean time?

Thank you,
Paree.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Marginal Ray wrote:I’m very sorry, because your GUI is excellent. But the VST version is to buggy or unfinished to be sold in its current state :
- Load Master: navigation is not clear. Only C: is seen (while the old Zyn works!).
- Save an instrument crashes the DAW (tested twice).
- No "save as…"
- Etc.

It's too soon to talk about price... and to release a demo.
No word on this?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Paree wrote:1) What is the target amount before making it opensource?
The current release model does not incorporate a fixed monetary target.
A number of other open source audio projects have attempted to use fixed targets and have either not hit their targets or have had artificially low targets.
In the former case the source code sat in limbo for an excessively long period of time.
In the latter case nowhere near a reasonable amount was produced by the fundraiser.

The plan is to release parts of the UI over the coming months as each piece can receive improved source level documentation independent of what funds are raised.

The current funding effort is on track to only partially cover expenses (rent/utilities/food) incurred while working full time on the project. Higher amounts of funding would have altered some plans for future development.
Paree wrote:2) Will there be any builds for 64 bit windows with the old GUI in the mean time?
I tried in the past to get the old GUI to build for windows, but I didn't have any luck with the mainline source and the toolchain I setup.
One user documented their attempt to get a windows 64 bit build:
https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsu ... gw64-msys2

Jackoo doesn't plan on producing any other windows 64 bit builds.

So, if you want the old GUI on windows the best option is the most recent version of jackoo's VST builds.

mladi wrote:No word on this?
> Only C: is seen
Fixed
> Save an instrument crashes the DAW
Fixed
> No "save as..."
All save operations are basically a 'save as...' style save, so this never was a bug from what I can tell
> Etc
Other issues are documented on the issue zyn-fusion tracker:
https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues

In particular any remaining issues related to the file browser should be addressed in the next release as the majority of the logic for that view has been rewritten and tested with a suite of unit tests.

:tu: Thank you for the reply!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

fundamental wrote: So, if you want the old GUI on windows the best option is the most recent version of jackoo's VST builds.
Is it 64bit?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

No.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”