SX2 vs Nuendo2?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh yeah, :) the other one is: if you're doing production, you may well actually care about the Nuendo feature set.

vtx wrote:Firstly,,I never worked with Cubase,,but a long time ago the owners of the studio where I work had the same dilemma.They chose Nuendo because of the "Just in Case" theory.We've never looked back,,now we do video and film production and alot of surround mixing as well as multitrack,midi and vsti stuff,alot of new vsti's are coming out with surround capabilities.
For live work,Nuendo is cpu and ram friendly,also can't remember any crashing.
We make all are own templates with buss connections saved with the file, so your ready in an instant to work.
The audio engines are probably the same,so it comes down to whether your going to experiment or try new things down the road,,if so,,choose Nuendo...
if money doesn't matter, that's an option. but - out of curiousity, no ranting intended - how many of the nuendo-exclusive features do you use often (which means often enough to justify the price tag)?

apart from that - basically nuendo and sx2 use the same code base...so if one app runs fine on your machine, the other one is likely to do the same - as you already outlined concerning the audio engine.

you can do quite a lot of video production in sx already, as well as multitrack and midi (obviously). multi channel stuff might be an issue. so...

:P
Last edited by vtx on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

:?
Last edited by vtx on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

:(
Last edited by vtx on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

vtx wrote:But before I go on I'd like to know how much more Nuendo is than Cubase,,that might sober me up...
retail price for sx is 800, for nuendo 1500 euros.

OUCH!!Cubase it is......

that's what i meant "if money doesn't matter" - i'm not sure whether the additional features really justify almost the double price...anyone?

isdjan wrote:that's what i meant "if money doesn't matter" - i'm not sure whether the additional features really justify almost the double price...anyone?
Slightly off topic, but..... You could well be describing Blow Tools by Dodgydesign here.

Beat Detective is cool, though...

oh - i wasn't supposed to extend the thread this way...but in terms of VFM, well...even cubase sl could be worth a look at :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”