what next for energyXT jorgen?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pheeleep wrote:Hey Pough, where do you right click exactly to have the screenshot you posted? I am trying here, right clicking in the sequencer and such, and I don't have a freeze option. I just downloaded the last Beta...
The top left of the drop-down is where you click (left or right) - I think that you freeze an instrument rather than a track in energyXT... I haven't actually tested it yet, myself. I just know there the menu is! :wink:

Thanks Pough. I must be retarded today, because I still don't see these options.. grrr... I have to have the sequencer open right? Which scroll down are you referring to? I am trying...

I am right clicking everywhere in the sequencer, anmd also in the main Energy XT window. I clicked on every scroll down menu, and still no option :?: weird
Play it by ear

pheeleep, in the sequencer's mixer, right-click the name of the VST you have loaded...

jorgen
Half developer half human
XT Software
http://www.energy-xt.com

topaz wrote:load a midi template from ie intakt/recycle
into seq comp.

hit random notes, wollah instant beat variations
on different keys.
Jorgen has hinted at including the Randomize feature from the Arp into the MIDI part!!! :D

Since I've started using pHATmatikPro once again, I've really wanted this feature! I can drag-n-drop the MIDI score directly onto the MIDI part from pHATmatikPro, but I can't randomize the pattern as I could in the Arp - and the Arp won't accept the MIDI score :cry: .

Okay, I got it now.. I did output>add>vst and now the vst shows up. I had never done this before. Usually I load up the vst's separately as a module and then link them to the sequencer. I didn't know you could load the vst directly in the sequencer... hmmm.. much to learn, much to learn..
Play it by ear

LIVE ARRANGING FEATURES. LOADS OF THEM, PLEEEEAAAASE !
http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42588

Are there any plans to grabbing incoming midi clock?

I'd really like it to sync up not just to other programs but other hosts, so you can use it with multiple computers/equipment.

Sorry for the double post and not talking about randomizers, but I also think it would be great if there was a way to make macros.

For instance, if I set up, say, Albino to work on channel 4 with x setup for cc y and b setup for cc a, with an envelope ready to go, it'd be great to highlight a section of modules/vsts, then right-click and "save as macro" so you can load that setup into *any* other setup.

Similar functionality could be met by allowing copy/paste on the main window, but you would then need to open a setup, copy what you want, open up a new one (closing the old one) and pasting it. With a macro you'd simply select it in the drop down menu and have it available for all of your setups. And, possibly, even movable between users with the same vst plugs.

What about syncing solutions??

I'd like to sync Energy as a VSTi and FX and be able to play them both at the same time - Energy and the host I mean.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote:What about syncing solutions??

I'd like to sync Energy as a VSTi and FX and be able to play them both at the same time - Energy and the host I mean.
This works rock solid in FruityLoops...but I know your a Live user. I think the problem is eXT's VST TimeInfo code only syncs with ppqPOS and Live is dependant on plugins synching to samplePOS. If XT also transmitted samplePOS info, then other plugins such as FX_Freeze would work also. Hopefully jorgen gets this working cause I've been wanting to get Live myself.

Till then maybe you could download the FruityLoops demo if you don't already have it, and use it rewired to Live as a slave with XT loaded as a plugin inside fruity. You probably already are doing it, but there is also Plogue Bidule but it would have to be the host. I know these are less than optimal...but just a suggestion so you can let me know how it works incase I get Live myself :)

nF

I have already solved the 'sync eXT to Ableton Live issue', coming in next upload (it even plays the first note :shock: ).

Live is using ppqPos, the problem was that it didn't report when the user press play (like other hosts do), but I did a small workaround and it's now working very smooth...

8)

jorgen
XT Software

Jorgen, please make a proper midi file import in the sequencer (like you did it in Massiva 8) ): Showing the track names and doing the assignment to the track´s midi channels automatically. At the moment it´s very uncomfortable to work further on with an imported midi file because of these reasons.

Otherwise I will bite you (apes have good tooths) :D
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

:lol:
XT Software

Jorgen dude, if I was a woman, I'd blow you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You rock dude, you fuckin' rock!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

NicFit wrote:
Amberience wrote:What about syncing solutions??

This works rock solid in FruityLoops...but I know your a Live user. I think the problem is eXT's VST TimeInfo code only syncs with ppqPOS and Live is dependant on plugins synching to samplePOS. If XT also transmitted samplePOS info, then other plugins such as FX_Freeze would work also. Hopefully jorgen gets this working cause I've been wanting to get Live myself.

Till then maybe you could download the FruityLoops demo if you don't already have it, and use it rewired to Live as a slave with XT loaded as a plugin inside fruity. You probably already are doing it, but there is also Plogue Bidule but it would have to be the host. I know these are less than optimal...but just a suggestion so you can let me know how it works incase I get Live myself :)

nF
I'd get Live anyway mate - Its brilliant. Easily the best VST host and audio sequencer I've tried - and I've tried them all!!

Return to “energyXT”