Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Davias wrote:About FM, are you using FL Studio ? Because I had to enable "fixed buffer something" option and it sounded better (before awful). Anyway I'm not against a more sharp FM sound :)
I would add further cpu optimization, or quality selection if this is not possible.

hmm, didn't seems to improve FM, but I remember getting rid of some zipper noise (probably caused by some modulation) when I tried "use fixed size buffer" earlier

CPU optimization and/or quality selection sounds good! :)

What I would like to see in the future versions.

1. Possibility to change the FX order, maybe a choice between serial/parralel routing.

2. Single cycle waveforms/WT import.

3. Filter drive

4. Selectable quality modes (separate for playback and render, like in Diva)

5. Virus TI inspired skin (this is clearly the most important thing!)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

A filter for each Osc.
That's the game in town today.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

I'm pleased with the option to make the decay and release parameters linear, convex, or concave. But, it would be even better if you could control the amount of convex/concavity.

+1 Drive knob. This is where Spire falls short of Sylenth when I compare patch for patch. I tried the phase thing, but didn't seem to have the same effect.

And also maybe some sort of inbuilt envelope shaper to emphasise the attack of short pluck/percussive sounds (afaik Virus has something like that). I can always use an external one but having this built into the synth would allow it to be controlled by velocity - nice playable plucks could be made this way.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

there is SOOOO much attack in Spire i can't see why on earth anyone would need one built in.

We NEEEED 'All Oscillators' as a MOD destination in the envelope destination menus please :)

I would like it to automaticly open the right bank folder so you don't have to browse your way to it everytime you want to switch banks. Love it though! :hihi:

i always find myself wanting to modulate the filter inputs of each oscillator. So I have a feature request to make targets of each filter input.

edit. please delete this request as it already exists.
Last edited by ___loser on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please consider for some time that we are throwing out every possible maybe/want, Spire developers. I find one of the most attractive concepts to Spire is it doesn't have a million features available. It isn't a kitchen-sink synthesizer. But what it does, it does well!

If you gave us everything for which we ask, you'd build a hideous frankenstein. :hihi:

Feature that would make me really happy - PAN in Oscillator Mixer Section! It would be great to pan each OSC independently... that would be super-dope!

recursive one wrote:5. Virus TI inspired skin
I suggested something similar to this skin in the big thread in the Instruments section:

I think the colors would work great and I mainly just don't like the use of brush metal in the current GUI.
You are currently reading my signature.

Biscotto wrote:A filter for each Osc.
I would say 4 routable filters. A filter tied to an osc would be cumbersome to me.

sqigls wrote: We NEEEED 'All Oscillators' as a MOD destination in the envelope destination menus please :)
+1 !

Davias wrote:
Biscotto wrote:A filter for each Osc.
I would say 4 routable filters. A filter tied to an osc would be cumbersome to me.
+1 That's even better :)
Diversion combines both systems, in a way, with the independent busses having each one a filter in addition to the 4 Osc/Filter sections.
It would certainly take Spire to the leading edge of sound sculpting realms.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

im using f.lux in the night to keep my eyes fresh, but in the ember mode i cant read any thing in the spire gui. :(
f.lux is set to ember mode 1200K. :? ( here is the f.lux page: http://justgetflux.com/ )
here is shot with my mobile phone:

i can read all other plugins i have - spire seems to be only with that problem. :help:

Return to “Reveal Sound”