Trolling customers

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doug1978 wrote:TBH Simon, the guy just sounds like a wanker.

Next time it happens though, I wouldn't bother re-imbursing idiots like him. After all, nobody forced him to buy your software (and effectively he has it for free now) nor is it at all unreasonable to wait up to 24 hours etc for software links to be sent.
To start giving people such grief after 55 minutes is pathetic.
I deleted the link before he downloaded, so he didn't get anything out of it, just his money back.

Caine123 wrote:people are f**ked over minor things nowadays too fast and too often, they should be lucky to have a home, food and so on. you did the right thing refunding him, cause you dont need such unrespectul money man. sometimes i cannot wait to get my links but thats some happy feeling like xmas :D but i havent had an aggressive feeling when things dont get automatically processed.

it's sad but dont bother yourself with that instead concentrate on things which make you happy like music ;).

Thank's for that - it just got me on the wrong foot after not enough sleep, otherwise I would have probably ignored all of that.

AviZiv wrote:It's disheartening for sure and can rattle you because it seems to come out of nowhere. But, Simon, you have strong support and appreciation here. The age of the Internet has given power to the cowards who hide behind their keyboards and blast away. You can try to smooth things with them once or twice and then it's time to move on. There are more important things to get done.

All the best
Avi
You are right, and I the appreciation I get from patchpool supporters (and people who listen to my music) is very much a force that keeps me going and makes it all worth while, putting aside the business aspect. Nevertheless I thought about a kind of driver's licence for the Internet this morning, a psychological test one has to surpass to get an Internet connection. Of course that's total BS, but the thought was nice.

Richard_Synapse wrote:It's tough, but the only solution is for us to change, we can't expect the customers to change. Probably the best way to handle it though is to let a person answer who is not directly involved in making the products. If someone says your products are crap, this hurts and will lead to emotional responses - which only make things worse.

Richard
Maybe change is needed here soon - hiring someone to do all of this customer supporting would be the next step (although it would require someone who absolutely knows his way around the Plug-In and soundware world), it would expand the business, increase product prices, cause more bureaucracy, but maybe it's inevitable...

Well, don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right about that guy, but if you want to sell stuff, it's probably the best to just stay neutral, if someone is being over aggressive or pissed off. You know, answering "Wow, what a kind message." just doesn't help. In the end, if you just stay neutral, and try to please the guy, even though he's being an a..hole, you could even end up with another happy customer, instead of someone trolling you, and cancelling his order. :) After all, he ordered and paid your stuff, so it can't be a lack of interest.

Dude, there are wackos everywhere, don't bother with these people. It doesn't only happen on the internet, some days ago I had to let a patient know that he wasn't welcome in mu practice anymore (I'm a dentist) after he called my assistant an idiot and went on to claim that he should get an appoinrment earlier than I could give him one (he was also pretty sure that I had some spots free for him but that I wouldn't make an appointment for him at those times for whatever reason). To make things worse, this was a person towards whom I had shown immense kindness in the past (pro bono work, opening for him during non-working hours etc). I brushed it off - screw that guy, I don't need his business.

Truly, the crazy will show up out of nowhere. Do not expect to be able to predict it.

chk071 wrote:Well, don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right about that guy, but if you want to sell stuff, it's probably the best to just stay neutral, if someone is being over aggressive or pissed off. You know, answering "Wow, what a kind message." just doesn't help. In the end, if you just stay neutral, and try to please the guy, even though he's being an a..hole, you could even end up with another happy customer, instead of someone trolling you, and cancelling his order. :) After all, he ordered and paid your stuff, so it can't be a lack of interest.
If I was just a businessman "serving" my customers under every circumstance, you would be absolutely right, but in some case I absolutely don't care about selling stuff, if I feel that there is a lack of respect. Call me naive but that's how I feel about it.

TristezaOrange wrote:
Truly, the crazy will show up out of nowhere. Do not expect to be able to predict it.
Yeah, true :shrug:

Wow, what a dick that guy was. Reminded me a bit on this clip:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m5d0 ... body-i_fun

EvilDragon wrote:Wow, what a dick that guy was. Reminded me a bit on this clip:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m5d0 ... body-i_fun
I'm having a great laugh right now, thank's for the link :D

No problem, Simon. ;)

The biggest laugh of it all is that the man there is speaking the truth. :)

EvilDragon wrote:No problem, Simon. ;)

The biggest laugh of it all is that the man there is speaking the truth. :)
Yep, he is!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Nevertheless I thought about a kind of driver's licence for the Internet this morning, a psychological test one has to surpass to get an Internet connection. Of course that's total BS, but the thought was nice.
People need driver's licenses to ride a 25km/h moped. But (basically) everyone is allowed to raise children, that's what scares me... :shock:

Anyway, your products are great (IMO) and so far you've always given me great support. Don't let stupid customers get you mad. It's very difficult to judge how to treat that kind of people. Being an entrepreneur myself I know that you really need a thick skin when dealing with customers.

Usually, I know I am going to have trouble when I get an e-mail from a customer who types in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!! I had one customer I swear was doing bath salts - completely rabid. They're out there for sure.

paterpeter wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Nevertheless I thought about a kind of driver's licence for the Internet this morning, a psychological test one has to surpass to get an Internet connection. Of course that's total BS, but the thought was nice.
People need driver's licenses to ride a 25km/h moped. But (basically) everyone is allowed to raise children, that's what scares me... :shock:

Anyway, your products are great (IMO) and so far you've always given me great support. Don't let stupid customers get you mad. It's very difficult to judge how to treat that kind of people. Being an entrepreneur myself I know that you really need a thick skin when dealing with customers.
Well yeah, raising children is of course a totally more important issue then the stupid Internetz, surely some parents (including mine) should have been tested, before raising anything...

Return to “patchpool”