Solid State Symphony is undergoing a major update.

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

friendly bump

where is everybody?

I am interested in the update of this product. Hope it hasn't fallen out of the priority buffer.

I'm sure it'll get done eventually. I don't think Indiginus is a very big company; it might just be a one man operation.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

I see Tracy is on the boards today.
Maybe he will chime in.

Thanks again for you interest and support!

As soon as I get Torch (electric guitar) finished, I'll get back to Solid State Symphony. Like many small library devs, I am a composer and studio owner as well, and all vocations are necessary to keep the lights on, so it can sometimes be slow going getting a product released. Thank-you for your patience!

Solid State Symphony has been a pet project for me- fun to create, and useful, at least for me, for sketching out ideas and providing a rich layer of sound along side orchestral libraries.

However, the library as it last existed seems dated, so I'm wondering what is next as far as development of a more modern version.
I had worked on a new version on the strings, using 8 separate oscillators with independent LFOs and pitch envelopes, and it did re-kindle the Solid State flame for me for a while, but I got into the AGC update and Torch and well....

What would help is some feedback from Solid State Symphony owners:
How do you use the library?
Which sounds are the most useful to you?
What would you like to see?

At this point, I may release smaller version, although with a few new sounds (like the new strings) with a price of around $30.

I will post a few teasers for the strings that I made last summer.

TC

Some of you may have seen this in a post on another forum from last year, but it's all a have for a teaser at this time. The screen shot is from Kontakt 3, but any new version will be Kontakt 4, with it's larger GUI. This is for the new strings only.

This product is not yet available, but will be this summer.

Solid State Strings was created using samples of custom patches on a 1980's analogue polysynth. Years ago, while trying to coax orchestra sounds from synths, I dreamed of a synth with 8 oscillators, each with an independent LFO and pitch envelope. How close to orchestral strings could we get then? Well...

Solid State Strings example 1
The LFO(s) intensity and rate were controlled with the ADHSR (see above)

Solid State Strings example 2
OK, I probably shouldn't have tried this one, but I'm a Vaughan Williams fan.
This example was created using version of Solid State Strings made from re-sampled samples of the original to allow for more polyphony. In other words, I played notes on the instrument pictured above, sampled them at minor thirds, and loaded them into Kontakt 3.

Solid State Strings example 3
From a track created for a show. I just replaced the original strings with Solid State to see what would happen. Vibrato (LFO) intensity and rate controlled by the Mod wheel.

So, there are 8 voices playing on each note, each with a unique sample set, LFO (slightly randomized), and pitch env (each with a different shape and randomized depth).
Last edited by tcollins on Mon May 16, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have been considering AGC and Mountain Dulcimer, but I didn't realize that Solid State Strings was already a finished product. I need to look again and see how much it costs, etc. Also I guess I missed any mention of Torch and will now look for it.

Edit: I just read that SSS is no longer available. Any chance you can make the old version available and provide an upgrade path to the new version?

I guess Torch was announced somewhere else?

Torch is almost finished and should be available in late June, and so far the only mention of it has been on this forum. I'll have some info and teasers on the website in the next week or so. Solid State Symphony will be revived soon after in one form or another. Thanks again for your patience!

TC

Thanks for info. Looking forward to auditioning Solid State.

tcollins wrote:Torch is almost finished and should be available in late June, and so far the only mention of it has been on this forum. I'll have some info and teasers on the website in the next week or so. Solid State Symphony will be revived soon after in one form or another. Thanks again for your patience!

TC
any news on torch?

cheers, akj

Hi Tracy - can you give us an update?

I have begun working on Solid State Symphony. I am considering releasing it in sections, rather than waiting for months to finish everything, especially since at this point I'm not sure what "everything" will be!
Obviously, I haven't done very well with timelines on SSS, but since it is the current project it should be fairly quick. Pricing probably $10 per section.

TC

tcollins wrote:I have begun working on Solid State Symphony. I am considering releasing it in sections, rather than waiting for months to finish everything, especially since at this point I'm not sure what "everything" will be!
Obviously, I haven't done very well with timelines on SSS, but since it is the current project it should be fairly quick. Pricing probably $10 per section.

TC
I like the idea of releasing individual sections. Will the new version of the library include the synth patches? Outer Rim is one of my favorites; I'm glad I picked up the original when it was available.

I find I use the full orchestra in some of my prog rock experiments. I think it's good enough to use as is, rather than simply a mock-up to be replaced later by orchestra samples. Sometimes it's nice to have something 'orchestral' sounding without sounding exactly like a real orchestra.

Things like Outer Rim will still be there. As with AGC, I will have a legacy folder that contains the older material, hopefully with better GUI graphics! :wink:

I'd be interested to hear you prog stuff that uses the Full Orchestra!

TC

tcollins wrote:Things like Outer Rim will still be there. As with AGC, I will have a legacy folder that contains the older material, hopefully with better GUI graphics! :wink:

I'd be interested to hear you prog stuff that uses the Full Orchestra!

TC
The songs aren't quite done yet (my partners are still writing lyrics), but I think I'll try to put an instrumental piece together this weekend. I'm working nights this week, so my energy and creativity levels are pretty low.

Return to “Indiginus”