Tutorials

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gregjazz wrote:
andywright67 wrote:
Gregjazz wrote:
andywright67 wrote:Any news?

Could really do with some how to do those hammer-ons/pull-offs, etc...

:)

Cheers
Thanks for checking in about this. I kinda got sidetracked by making Kontakt versions of some of our products. Believe me, writing more tutorials--specifically the hammer-on/pull-off one--is on my mind.
Ok :)
What sort of elements would be the most useful for you in a tutorial like this? Screenshots, MIDI files, video screen capture?
I'd say perhaps the latter 2 as you could speak details about what effect you're describing, and the midi files will backup that and give us a place to start.

Forgot to add that a tutorial on slides up and down to notes would be appriciated too. :)

andywright67 wrote:Any news?

Could really do with some how to do those hammer-ons/pull-offs, etc...

Cheers
a tutorial on how to pull one off? :-o

andywright67 wrote:Forgot to add that a tutorial on slides up and down to notes would be appriciated too. :)
Good idea! Those concepts are very related, so I should actually cover both of these topics at once, the slide up/down to a note being the extension of a hammer-on/pull off.

Legato would be another one - i.e. hammer-on to a note then slide up to a note, pull-off and slide down to a note.

And hammer-on then pull-off after, to play... da (hammer) da (pull) da.

Cheers :)

andywright67 wrote:Legato would be another one - i.e. hammer-on to a note then slide up to a note, pull-off and slide down to a note.

And hammer-on then pull-off after, to play... da (hammer) da (pull) da.
Yeah exactly. It's pretty much the same technique to do all those, so a combined tutorial of how to slide around and hammer on, etc. would be good.

I apologize, I'm behind when it comes to making this tutorial. I had been working on getting the Kontakt versions of some of our bass addons complete, and then these days I've been tuning samples for the fretless, too.

However, the more requests about what exactly is desired in the tutorial will help me make something that specifically addresses your interests, both in the sense of content and also form of delivery. (thanks for the feedback about the sort of format you'd like the tutorial to include for most effectiveness)

Any news m8? :D Cheers
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

News? Hard drive failure. :(

EDIT: Let me explain a little further, so the initial post doesn't get taken the wrong way. I just finished my big senior recital, so that's out of the way. Then guess what, my hard drive fails on me. I really want to get some nice tutorials done, but other things keep getting in the way. I do want you to know that this tutorial is planned, but timewise things keep coming up and stalling me. Sorry about all this.

Gregjazz wrote:timewise things keep coming up and stalling me.
Something most of us can probably relate to.. I know I can ;)

Cheers.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Gregjazz wrote:News? Hard drive failure. :(

EDIT: Let me explain a little further, so the initial post doesn't get taken the wrong way. I just finished my big senior recital, so that's out of the way. Then guess what, my hard drive fails on me. I really want to get some nice tutorials done, but other things keep getting in the way. I do want you to know that this tutorial is planned, but timewise things keep coming up and stalling me. Sorry about all this.
Thanks for keeping us informed, hope the workload eases off a touch for you to get these out.

Working on the tutorial now...

Yay! :D :D :D
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Sorry about the delay, but now I've got all the text and MP3s and video done, so it should be live very soon. Just got to do the final review of the tutorial to make sure everything's fine. I'll let you know when it's up on the ManyBass website.

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

It's online. Log into ManyBass and go to the tutorials section. Thanks for your patience!

Return to “Manytone Music”