AMG ONE now shipping at www.samples4.com

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The wave display in a ONE rack is 315x70 pixels - it'd be like wallpapering the hallway through the letterbox!

Seriously guys, crack open ACID/Recycle/Beatquantiser, slice your beats in a properly designed interface and then save them into ONE's "My Files" folder. Next time you start ONE up they'll be right there in your browser ready to play.

Regards
Dave

I second that. Look at pHATmatik for example. It's tiny, but it's got a very good slicer. It's slicer is so good that you don't have to fiddle with slices at all, well sometimes :wink:. I've tried it and I didn't like it's features, but the GUI is very nice and the slicer works very good, hovewer, it'd be nice to have one tool for the job, because jumping from app to app is just killing creativity. AMG One is soooo close to that... inspirational GUI, nice filter, matrix routing, multiple outputs, excellent sound. There's nothing stopping it from being the ultimate looping/slicing tool, except for the latter :wink:.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Beatquantiser? Sounds very familiar. I'll have a look. It's not that bad to have a nice little app to slice them grooves, but it's much more convenient to do it in one app, though.

AMG One still rocks, I'm not trying to undermine your achievements, so please don't be angry at one stupid perfectionist who could probably find a flaw to Kylie Minogue's arse :D.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

BeatQuantizer is by Zero-X and it is a very, very good cheap alternative to Recycle etc. - highly recommended!

i know i'm giving you a headache Muon, but i don't mean to be a pain really, its just that i feel something in this is getting kind of loss on you, did you know that for a slicer to work you don't even need a great display, what most samplist do is use their ears mostly for the slices, you could make it zoomable so that people could adjust slices if necessary but its true the most important thing is hearing the slices that it creates and maps to the keys. thanks for creating a great product though, sometimes i get over excited about this topic in paticular but i don't want to overshadow just how great one looks to be.

I will certainly pass your feedback on to AMG, and if they tell us slicing is a priority it'll no doubt go in v2.

However I'm pretty sure that they see ONE differently to the way you do. To the guys at AMG, ONE is a value-add for their content so when you buy a copy of ONE you are getting 4.5gb of AMG content AND a powerful player for it, not the other way around. I hope the distinction is clear :-)

Cheers
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:I will certainly pass your feedback on to AMG, and if they tell us slicing is a priority it'll no doubt go in v2.

However I'm pretty sure that they see ONE differently to the way you do. To the guys at AMG, ONE is a value-add for their content so when you buy a copy of ONE you are getting 4.5gb of AMG content AND a powerful player for it, not the other way around. I hope the distinction is clear :-)

Cheers
Dave
Very true :wink:. We rant probably because we don't like using rex loops [LQ], and we don't use acidised wavs because we don't have Acid and we like making our own loops, however, BeatCreator or BeatQuantizer is a nice thing to have for making your own acidised wavs. Thanks for pointing it out. Acidised wavs are better quality than rex.

However it would be nice to have a slicer and possibly a acidised wav exporter in AMG One... :D just for us do-it-yourself freaks :hihi:

Thanks for listening!

Acidised wavs are better quality than rex
The sound quality of a REX file is identical to the sound quality of the original source - the compression used is completely lossless, just like the compression we use in ONE for the OPF patches....

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Acidised wavs are better quality than rex
The sound quality of a REX file is identical to the sound quality of the original source - the compression used is completely lossless, just like the compression we use in ONE for the OPF patches....
I don't think rex files support 96kHz 32-bit files, do they? or at least 96kHz 24bit files? I'm not working with 44.1 or 48kHz anymore...

I prefer REX files myself... I used ACID files in the early days Cakewalk Home Studio and the artifacts put me off it. Sure you still get some in REX files as well but they weren't as bad at what I'd in the ACID files.
Dextrus

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Dave
ok i got'cha, yeah they definitely see it differently, well i hope that it dawns on them that they have potentially the greatest sample application with-in their grasp. maybe thats not as important to them as sample CDs but like dux said for us samplist its of huge importance, much more than any sample library they could ever create!!! and thanks for passing the info on.

Right, stale bread! :D I think they will recognise the potential eventually, they're good guys with great software.

Cheers!

I wholeheartedly agree. I posted a message a while back wondering if they could do a version of ONE without the library, as they had done with ONE/Solo, let alone the slicing facilities. From that perspective alone I prefer ONE/Solo. Another option is to look forward to when hosts that support beatslicing capabilities can export the sliced audio as ACID WAV / REX.. At least then I'd only have to deal with two bits of software (tracktion/ONE or SOLO) rather than three (tracktion/recycle/ONE or SOLO).
Dextrus

besides, what version of ACID supports the exporting of ACID WAVs to use in AMG ONE anyway? Xpress XMC, Studio or Pro? I csn't tell from the info I've seen on the website for version 6.
Dextrus

We've tested with ACID Pro 4 and ACID Pro 5 (you have to enable legacy slice data export when you save) but not yet with ACID Pro 6. We do have a copy in the team and we can check for you.

Regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”