Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

dwozzle wrote:Clearly the promised demos would be excellent for folks who haven't bought in yet, but I bet you won't be sorry if you just jump in and buy at least Loom, especially if you like the demo sounds. IMO it sounds incredible, and its whole workflow is so much more FUN to experiment with than every other additive I've ever used. A truly remarkable synth.

Also really dig Hybrid, and Vacuum Pro is great too, though not as unusually so.
I know you're right man, and I know I will love it!
But let's call it a matter of principle (yep, some still have a few of those even in the 21st cent. :wink:): I'm NOT buying something I haven't been able to try working with a bit first.
Saved me from disappointment a couple of times before, when I'd have jumped blindly and gladly (think RP's Blue and Waldorf's Largo -- and I'm NOT saying these are bad synth in ANY way BTW!!! They're great and I know they're great!!!! They just weren't exactly 1- what I'd expected and 2- delivering the kind of stuff I was looking for at the time I tried them, even though the demos appealed to me at first).

Sim.Sky wrote:[...] i've bought a piece of software which i effectively cannot use since almost half a year. i, personally, have stopped me mostly from expecting anything from air.

as i said at the beginning - this has pretty much nothing to do with the quality of the plugins as such. but you definitely should take such circumstances into consideration before spending your money.
Well, there you go! One more very sound reason to wait and be able to TEST the software with an actual demo! No matter how blown away you are by the various videos and sound examples you came across. There's more to a softsynth than it's quality of sound and workflow.

Understood, I could be wiser about that myself... I've sometimes bought something based only on who made it and what they say it is plus some reviews, but without actually trying it on my own system. Not super smart I know, and I don't do it much.

You don't use two monitors, do you? ;)

Matter of fact, I do!! ;)

Ouch, well maybe just put this out of your mind until there's an update, and ideally a demo, or at least until some fols confirm that's fixed. I wish I had two monitors, used to, but I'm just on a laptop screen now.

Good luck.

dwozzle wrote:Ouch, well maybe just put this out of your mind until there's an update, and ideally a demo, or at least until some fols confirm that's fixed. I wish I had two monitors, used to, but I'm just on a laptop screen now.

Good luck.
thanks for your warm words, really appreciate it :) as for my part, i have definitely learned my lesson from that :oops:

dwozzle wrote:Ouch, well maybe just put this out of your mind until there's an update, and ideally a demo, or at least until some fols confirm that's fixed. I wish I had two monitors, used to, but I'm just on a laptop screen now.

Good luck.
Sorry, you lost me there. I mean I'm confused: the double-screen crash issue Sim Sky was talking about is related to xpand2!
Are you implying that the same issue could plague other AIR instruments as well? Loom?
DAMN!!!

In any case, as I stated earlier, I don't plan to buy anything before demoing it first (never did, never do, never will!)

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yes, though i don't know exactly, but i guess most problems only occur when using the au version, and only in 64-bit. 32-bit au and vst work fine, at least under mac os. i tested every single version in ableton live lite, too - but obviously i am not willing to switch from lpx to live lite only because of one plugin ;)

ontol wrote:Not sure if you are also using Logic, but I use 2 monitors on a Win7/64 system and Loom works as expected for me in the most recent versions Studio One and Reaper.
Nope, am on PC (64bit, dualboot Win 8.1/Ubuntu, under Reaper, Sonar and... Renoise! :P). But as stated earlier, matter of principle: won't buy if I can't try (whatdyaknow! That actually sounded like a catch phrase!!! 8) ).

I looked into buying this pack a few months ago but I chose not to, I was trying to remember why I passed and as I seem to remember, it was because you can't sell the license on. I can't find confirmation on the site though but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
Anyhow, I couldn't spend that much on something I haven't even demoed and even with the demo versions, audio samples and good word of mouth I'm still not comfortable with the idea of being stuck with something I may not like further down the road.

I will try out the demos though when they are released but they would have to be really something to get me to commit. :party:

I'm pretty sure you can get a refund, can't remember if it's an time or within a timeframe but i already have K9 and Live Suite so i really need to demo these especially with Omnisphere 2 on the horizon.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

So is there a windows demo yet? Didn't see it on their site?

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

lotus2035 wrote:I looked into buying this pack a few months ago but I chose not to, I was trying to remember why I passed and as I seem to remember, it was because you can't sell the license on. I can't find confirmation on the site though but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
Yep, AIR are not for resale.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I bought the Air Instrument Expansion Pack on the weekend, using my voucher from when I bought Hybrid 3 for $49.99. After adding tax, the expansion pack cost me only £104.24, for six VSTs. Downloading was as fast as my ISP could offer, about 10MB/s, and installation of the smaller ones (Velvet, Loom and Vacuum Pro) took about twenty seconds each, and registration was really easy - I just started an instance of the VST in FL Studio, it comes up with a window, you press the 'Activate' button, and paste in your registration code, store the registration info on your PC (you can choose to store it on your iLok, if you have one), and that was it. I then installed Strike, which took quite a while (maybe half an hour, I didn't time it), and I left Structure to install overnight as it was getting late, so I'm not sure how long that took.
So far, I have used Loom - sounds fantastic, low CPU for what it sounds like (compared to what I would have exptected), Vacuum Pro - again sounds fantastic, and Velvet does just what I want - hundreds of electric piano presets. I will test out the rest if I have time tonight, so far I am very pleased with the deal, I don't think there's anything to compete at this price in the market right now.

Return to “Instruments”