Looking for alpha-testers for MDrummer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UncleAge wrote:4. [Internet Access] Informing a user prior to purchase that the machine will have to access the internet for activation may be a good idea. A lot of users keep their DAW's off the net for protection and performance purposes. Another option is to come up with an alternative activation method.
UncleAge you do not need internet in order to activate (I talked about it above). And it is still defined in "System requirements" on the web, right below the MDrummer Large download.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

EDIT: Never mind, Vojtech beat me to it!

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:EDIT: Never mind, Vojtech beat me to it!

Brent
Brent, I don't understand :-).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:
UncleAge wrote:Initial thoughts:

1. [Separate sample install] Would be nice to have the ability to install samples separately. I re-image my drive every so often and I appreciate when apps with large libraries give me the ability to install samples separately. This allows me to keep them on a separate external drive. After a re-image or hard drive failure, I only have to install the app again, not all the supporting samples.
Ok, I need to understand it first. So my question is - why not to install mdrummer on that drive. When you change drive mapping or just move MDrummer somewhere else, you can just run MDrummerConfig and everything should be working again.
During the first install a user may not know that its just the samples going to the other folder. Some programs have support items in there as well. Its not a big deal but tell me, if I was doing another install on a new drive (same comp) after a crash, will the installer give me the option of not installing the samples?

MeldaProduction wrote:
UncleAge wrote: 2. [Mouse hover] F1 to access the button's info is ok but a bit tedious when first using the app. Having the ability to turn "mouse hover" assist on and off via an options/preferences menu would be a little nicer.
When you click on "?" button it shows help for all of the controls inside particular panel. Is it good enough?
That option is great for an overview. Often times though, I just need a quick reminder for a button that I don't use that often. Or just a quick info blurb during the learning stages. Digesting the entire help screen is not my preferred way of doing things but once again, its not a show stopper. More of a comfort thing really.

A couple quick ones:

1.) When you right click an effect in the drumset editor, a seperate editor window pops up. Super awesome, by the way. But my one small gripe is that, when you "X" out of the pop up window, it does not re-appear in the main MDrummer interface until you click over to another effect and back. Small one, but it would be helpful.

2.) It would be nice if you could set it to "no sequencer" mode, for the people who only want to use it a synth/sampler, and don't want to use its on-board sequencing capabilities. It literally took me about 5 minutes of noodling around before I figured out that I had to switch my MIDI keyboard to channel 10 to get my keys to trigger notes instead of sequences.

3.) I can't seem to find a way to change the MIDI notes for any particular sample/synth. It seems that they all default to GM standard. It would be nice to have a MIDI Note # option in the Basic Drum Paramters window. Maybe even a MIDI Learn function if you feel really motivated.

Anyway, awesome product. Particularly the SubSample Synth with Randomize function. Really really cool way to get your FSU on!

As others mentioned, there doesn't seem to be any way to load your own samples from the browser.

Oh, and to reply to you mention of installing MDrummer in a separate folder. The reason we don't want to do that is because it would bog down our samples folder with non-sample material, and most of us are anal-retentive geeks who could never stand to have such a travesty occur. For me, it's not a HUGE deal, but I would definitely prefer to do it that way.

Thanks for everything so far! Looking forward to the Melda forum, because this thread is already getting out of hand.

UncleAge wrote: During the first install a user may not know that its just the samples going to the other folder. Some programs have support items in there as well. Its not a big deal but tell me, if I was doing another install on a new drive (same comp) after a crash, will the installer give me the option of not installing the samples?
So the thing is still that you want to use YOUR samples folder, because you already own several samples.
So how about this - MDrummer will entirely install in a target directory (as it is now) and in MSampler there would an optional secondary directory. Ok?
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Actually I need a favour from anyone, who is up to do it (it is not very tested yet) - so if you can, please turn off your internet during activation and proceed as requested. I'd be glad if anyone can confirm, that it works and MDrummer will be activated. Don't be afraid, no harm can be done.
Thanks in advance!
Sorry to miss this the first time around.

I ran into this because I don't keep my DAW connected to the net. Now there were two times that the install asked for the license. The first time it happened the installer put up a message and said that it was unable to connect to your website. There wasn't an option to create a separate html file. And there was no way to continue with the install.

However, I did not test the second instance as I just left my DAW connected until the install was finished.

sockofgold wrote:A couple quick ones:
1.) When you right click an effect in the drumset editor, a seperate editor window pops up. Super awesome, by the way. But my one small gripe is that, when you "X" out of the pop up window, it does not re-appear in the main MDrummer interface until you click over to another effect and back. Small one, but it would be helpful.
Heh, you found it :-). It is some kind of easter egg :). We did this, because we need to use MEqualizer and MAnalyzer at once, and actually I did not assume anyone will find it... You're good ;-).

sockofgold wrote: 2.) It would be nice if you could set it to "no sequencer" mode, for the people who only want to use it a synth/sampler, and don't want to use its on-board sequencing capabilities. It literally took me about 5 minutes of noodling around before I figured out that I had to switch my MIDI keyboard to channel 10 to get my keys to trigger notes instead of sequences.
Well, why not ;-).

sockofgold wrote: 3.) I can't seem to find a way to change the MIDI notes for any particular sample/synth. It seems that they all default to GM standard. It would be nice to have a MIDI Note # option in the Basic Drum Paramters window. Maybe even a MIDI Learn function if you feel really motivated.
It is the "piano keyboard" on the bottom of the "basic drum parameters". You can assign any number of MIDI keys to each drum.

sockofgold wrote: Thanks for everything so far! Looking forward to the Melda forum, because this thread is already getting out of hand.
Heh, yeah exactly :-).
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:
UncleAge wrote: During the first install a user may not know that its just the samples going to the other folder. Some programs have support items in there as well. Its not a big deal but tell me, if I was doing another install on a new drive (same comp) after a crash, will the installer give me the option of not installing the samples?
So the thing is still that you want to use YOUR samples folder, because you already own several samples.
So how about this - MDrummer will entirely install in a target directory (as it is now) and in MSampler there would an optional secondary directory. Ok?
Basically. Any sample content into another folder, with the actual program files still going to C:\.

Hey Vojtech, do you want us to limit this to bugs/inabilities, or would you like suggestions for features that we feel are somewhat vital as well?

MeldaProduction wrote:
It is the "piano keyboard" on the bottom of the "basic drum parameters". You can assign any number of MIDI keys to each drum.

Ah, nice. I was scrolled over too far and didn't notice. Thanks! Really nice on the drag-re-sizable GUI as well.

MeldaProduction wrote:
Ok, this was just a mis-communication. I see that there is a "Mdrummerconfig.exe" file. I'll have to make a note to self that I should use that for a re-install and not the original installer.

MeldaProduction wrote:
koolkeys wrote:EDIT: Never mind, Vojtech beat me to it!

Brent
Brent, I don't understand :-).
I had answered about not needing to be connected to the internet, but then realized that you answered first. So I edited my post.

Brent

UncleAge wrote: Ok, this was just a mis-communication. I see that there is a "Mdrummerconfig.exe" file. I'll have to make a note to self that I should use that for a re-install and not the original installer.
Ahhh, so is it ok? Secondary (or just any) path should be a big deal. On the other hand restructuralization of the MDrummer folder wouldn't be so easy. That's why I'm trying to find some other solution ;-).

Btw. of course - give me bugs, suggestions, just anything that would help!
Vojtech

Maybe a bulletin board style forum would be best.
...Topic categories and posts where after log on you can see which posts are new and dates posted in tabular view like this

Ok, everything is up and running for a little bit now. I have a pretty heavy workload tonight so I won't be able to mess with this much. But I must say, this is a REALLY deep instrument. I'm honestly impressed at just how much it can do. I do have a lot of drum software and this will surely find it's way into the mix.

One problem though. After I shut down the program using the "X" on the upper right corner, the MDrummer process still keeps running in the task manager. So I have to manually shut it down every time by ending the process.

I'm on Vista 32 on this particular system.

Does anyone else have this happen? The first time I ran it, the configuration program also was stuck and I had to shut it down. Everything LOOKS like it shuts down, but the task manager still shows them as running.

Brent

Return to “MeldaProduction”