Novation V-Station and Bass Station skins (Peak, Summit and BS2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Station V-Station

BONES wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:13 am
inception8a wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:55 pm[ PS. Someone needs to gently nudge the maker of Synth1 to adapt it for skinning. ;o) ]
Synth1's GUI is all vector-based so it is already highly customisable. It was the first plugin I ever saw with a resizable GUI and you can change colours, etc. to your heart's content.
Perhaps my interpretation of highly customizable is different than yours. There's a folder for Synth1 that contains a number of small graphics that defines each section of the interface. It doesn't seem as though you can change those in a way that gives the entire synth a completely different look and feel. It's characterization can't be changed except for the options of text and color. That's limited options.

The V-Station and Bass Station skins in this post completely changes the look and feel of both in a positive way. It amounts to getting a face lift and plucking them out of the earlier time period. Those graphical interfaces can be changed completely.

Synth 1 let's you change the size of the interface and the colour scheme, which is better than about 99% of VSTi out there. 20 years ago, when it came out, it was in a league of its own. It's also about a gazillion times easier to do than for any other plugin you can get today. But still, that doesn't stop the wingers from whinging.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:23 pm Synth 1 let's you change the size of the interface and the colour scheme, which is better than about 99% of VSTi out there. 20 years ago, when it came out, it was in a league of its own. It's also about a gazillion times easier to do than for any other plugin you can get today. But still, that doesn't stop the wingers from whinging.
I was gonna give it a try but for Mac it's only AU, sad face.

I finally got around to installing these skins and they are great!! Thanks for giving them to us.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:23 pm Synth 1 let's you change the size of the interface and the colour scheme, which is better than about 99% of VSTi out there. 20 years ago, when it came out, it was in a league of its own. It's also about a gazillion times easier to do than for any other plugin you can get today. But still, that doesn't stop the wingers from whinging.
You're defending something for the right reasons (I guess) in the way that you are and there's nothing wrong with that I get it but there's also nothing wrong with giving something new life either.

"Whiner" ? Is that what you meant? Yeah. No. You're characterizing something like someone is being disrespectful. It's a piece of software. It literally exists in a malleable world.

"Whiner" is an American term, we say "whinger" - win-ja. As for "giving something new life", do you know how long it is since anything changed on Synth1? I reckon you've got a better chance of making the sun rise in the west. Apart from there now being a 64 bit version, it's pretty much identical to the way it was when I first downloaded it more than 20 years ago.

i've got some interesting - some are nice and sweet ,other are weid,but very useful presets for V-Station and Firebird ,wonder what do with them...
If somebody is willing to donate 10 euro for V-Station and Firebird pack ,encourage me with thumbs up to start it cause have many other projects in development...also synth1 best set may be included,cause these three are really dope synths if a man know what to do with their super powers :)
Cheers :)

Is there a thumbs down option?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

---

ramseysounds wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:44 am Is there a thumbs down option?
There was,but i guess kids like to press them to much all day and the admin remove such an sugar extra - why a grown man will start to waste time with such activities is mystery to me,espesially when it comes to somebody else hard work,but i guess there is people thinking that only their work deserve attention , no matter how ordinary,boring,pointless or mediocre it is ...like to pres thumb down all day muahahahaha :):):)

Thank you very much for the skin.

Thanks- these are a big help: much appreciated!

Friendly bump for these amazing skins, I'm sure there are many out there who don't even know about them.

These are very nice thank you . I will repot an issue though . on OSX10.14.6 at least installing them in the AU works just as it should and the VST version even shows up in Live with the skin ( as it must read the skin data from the AU ? ) anyway all fine , but after reboot the next day the AU is ignored by Live , Standalone host , VPlayer , Hosting AU , Logic . etc. However the VSTi's still work in Live and VPlayer so not a huge deal , but figured I'd post for others . Cheers .

These skins are a big improvement in terms of clarity - but still a little on the small side.

Return to “Instruments”