Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

EnGee wrote:There is a bug in the browser of Strike and Transfuser. You can't double click an item in the browser if it is down in a long list! It means you can't load that item!
In Transfuser I could load the kits and styles individually from the edit window, but in Strike there is no way to load them.
I'm glad that this is fixed in the next update (2.0.4) :D (I hope it will be released soon)
:tu: for Air

Wondering any news on the trial downloads as of yet?

thanks

I wonder if any existing owners of the AIEP could chime in with their thoughts on whether it's worth getting. I bought XPand!2 and Hybrid3 for £30 each before Christmas, and am seriously considering buying the AIEP, but I was hoping to read some comments by owners here.

If you get it it will probably be the most used VST Bundle you have.
I know that's not really a help, just saying something without any
explanation but few of us wrote a lot about AIEP and made few
Demos with it...you can find here on KVR few long posts too.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

basslinemaster wrote:I wonder if any existing owners of the AIEP could chime in with their thoughts on whether it's worth getting.
I love Hybrid, but love Loom even more, it sounds flat out amazing, and is great fun to explore. Vacuum also sounds really good, and is more interesting than it looks on the surface. Don't use the others, at least so far, not because of their quality, but because I either don't work that way, or have those bases covered (also trying to conserve disk space). Great stuff IMO.

Thanks for the feedback guys, pay day is next week, so I think I will be buying the AIEP then.

EnGee wrote:There is a bug in the browser of Strike and Transfuser. You can't double click an item in the browser if it is down in a long list! It means you can't load that item!
In Transfuser I could load the kits and styles individually from the edit window, but in Strike there is no way to load them.
You can ctrl + alt + click as a workaround but that's indeed an annoying bug.

I'm almost sold on the upgrade to AIEP, just need to confirm with demos.

GHOST19 wrote:

Thanks for tip on loading the unloadable presets. I reported it to Simon awhile back; hopefully the update will fix it; no one seems to know when the update will be available.

GHOST19 wrote:

Thank you :) I wish I knew this tip before!

I have the beta but I don't think it is permitted to discuss the details. All I can say it is fixed :D

EnGee wrote: I have the beta ... it is fixed :D
thanks for reporting

sbangs_air wrote:Our goal is to get this out before the weekend but this is dependent on connectivity.
That was almost two weeks ago. Any news?

spidergod wrote:Wondering any news on the trial downloads as of yet?
firepile wrote:
sbangs_air wrote:Our goal is to get this out before the weekend but this is dependent on connectivity.
That was almost two weeks ago. Any news?
+1 +1
Several of AIR synths sound appealing (Hybrid and Vaccum Pro for instance), but I'm especially eager to test Loom, which truly sounds fantastic to me in the audio/video demos! I don't have a proper 100% additive synth as of yet and this could very well be what I need.

...But the demos have been announced by Simon as coming "in a few days", which was more than 1 month ago already! I understand there's been some weather conditions slowing things down on their side and I sure don't wanna sound pushy, but just wanna point out that the wait and suspense would be easier to stand for us (potential) users if we were at least given the REASON for such delay, you know. Can't be still about meteorogical conditions now, can it?

In any case, keeping us in touch would be both smart and appreciated! (^_~)

Clearly the promised demos would be excellent for folks who haven't bought in yet, but I bet you won't be sorry if you just jump in and buy at least Loom, especially if you like the demo sounds. IMO it sounds incredible, and its whole workflow is so much more FUN to experiment with than every other additive I've ever used. A truly remarkable synth.

Also really dig Hybrid, and Vacuum Pro is great too, though not as unusually so.

It is close. They want an airtight release especially for OSX crowd. Worth the small wait.

i don't want to judge the quality of the air plugins, because they're actually pretty decent. however had i known a little bit more about the company's philosophy concerning maintenance updates and critical bugfixes, i wouldn't have spend so much money on them like i did.

i'll give you an abstract of my personal experiences to make it a little bit more understandable:

last year in october i purchased xpand2!. installation and registration went fine, but everytime i tried to load it as an instrument in logic pro x, it crashed - not only the plugin, but the entire logic. repeated this a couple of times, re-installed it - no way i would get it working. i then contacted the air support, the answer i got was that there would be an update "really soon" (just to make this clear: that was in OCTOBER 2014!). well, i thought, i am not completely dependent on the plugin, so waiting a little bit shouldn't be so hard.

the weeks passed and nothing changed. i noticed several other people who reported problems with their air plugins on the company's Facebook page. the answer was always the same - sorry to hear that... update... very, very soon...

meanwhile i had contacted the support myself a few times more, just to find out what could have caused the crash of xpand in logic - no help at all (simon, this is no personal offense - i know that you're doing your best and that you may just don't have the technical insights on every problem). however, in some logic forums i finally found a very similar problem: the folks there said that it had to do with dual-screen mode, and that some air plugins currently don't support this. i am always working with two monitors, so i wouldn't even have considered this to be the problem. but - helluva surprise - after i removed the second monitor xpand worked perfectly in logic.

so this was my first break with air. i had to crawl through countless forums to find an (apparently) COMMON BUG, and the guys at air just didn't seem to be aware of that - after all it was NOT THEM who told me that it might have something to do with dual-screen-mode, and that it might, at least, would have been a possibility to remove one of the monitor for the time working with the plugin.

well, since i didn't have any alternatives, i just kept telling myself that the update would still come "soon" and that it couldn't be much longer then anyway. time passed, then, pretty much short beforehand and during namm there was a huge announcement from air (even pinned on their Facebook for the masses) that the updates would roll out in the next "FEW DAYS" - wow, i thought, that's really great news! might have taken a little bit longer than the "very soon" i was told in october, but well...

the NAMM came and went, but still no sign of any updates. the only thing that was gone (surprisingly) was the banner from the Facebook page saying something about "next few days"...

so, as of now - almost march 2015 - still no updates. this means i've bought a piece of software which i effectively cannot use since almost half a year. i, personally, have stopped me mostly from expecting anything from air.

as i said at the beginning - this has pretty much nothing to do with the quality of the plugins as such. but you definitely should take such circumstances into consideration before spending your money.

Return to “Instruments”