CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

fluffy_little_something wrote:
magicmusic wrote:I only ask. And if you say you dont want do it, its ok. I am happy that your se/arp VST can change with program switch the pattern.Many can this not(i find only kirnu cream that can do this too). I want not play the same sequence pattern all the time.

But if you tell something that sound as you not understand what i mean(problem is also, my english is not good), i explain more so that you know what i mean. thats all. I open then a thread later here, so more read it. Maybe there is such a VST out, under all the much VST. I like this feature, but i dont want buy a arranger keyboard, or a Yamaha MOTIF, or ableton live, or Halion, or Omnisphere. And because some have this feature, i thought there are enough that like this feature and so i can find.
I don't even know what you mean, but have you tried TubeOhm's sequencer? It has lots of features and is available separately now:
http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/Stepper_XL.html
I have not try it. In the feature List on Page i see stepper is not able to have diffrent patterns. So it can not change with program change the pattern. I dont want change play in all the song the same pattern sequence. I dont know, how i can explain this feature so all understand it. But to ask if people want the feature i need of course explain what i want, and other understand. ;-) .Maybe somebody understand what i mean, and can it explain better. but you can see it also on this video, i find in short

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ghE9hVpHE

Please look here in the Video, at 1:20. Here can see a little later, that the keyboard player press on left top side a key that is light. this key is able to change the Drum and Bass pattern of the sequencer. Now you see the key flicker some time. This mean the next sequence is play at the next measure. And when the next measure begin, the light light full. but of course such a light i not need. Only usefull is, that a sequence is begin to start on next measure begin. without this quantize to next measure feature, you need press perfect in time, the key for transpose and the key for change the pattern, and maybe melody. this is of course hard to play all in sync
but pattern changes during measure is mostly not need.Because a song consist of some sequences called. verse, bridge, fill, or verse1 bridge1 etc. and look at note sheets. here you can also see, that a song part not change sequence or transpose during a measure. It change only on measure start. so a delay to next measure is very usefull, because you need not hit the key exact in Time. its also usefull for transpose keys of a sequence, that only transpose on next measure start. and this do some VST as halion or omnisynth with trigger next beat.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:but pattern changes during measure is mostly not need.Because a song consist of some sequences called. verse, bridge, fill, or verse1 bridge1 etc. and look at note sheets. here you can also see, that a song part not change sequence or transpose during a measure. It change only on measure start. so a delay to next measure is very usefull, because you need not hit the key exact in Time. its also usefull for transpose keys of a sequence, that only transpose on next measure start. and this do some VST as halion or omnisynth with trigger next beat.
PatternArp and StepSeq both have multiple(16) 'Patterns' in each Preset/Program.
If you want to just play verse,bridge,fill,verse in a structured 'song' then I don't understand why you just dont use the PLAYLIST feature - then it will play your whole song/backing for you. Just press 'Play' and you can play your lead/melody live on top of the backing patterns, what could be simpler?

StepSeq also has a 'Midi Key Step Mode' - this will play the next STEP when you press a midi key - so you can change the whole tempo/rhythm in your playing style.

I agree there, in the playlist you have so many steps, sequences etc. available that you can make a really long song with lots of variation in it.

C.Kerry wrote:Pattern Arp Plus BIG GUI
It's 'hot off the press' so let me know if there are any problems :neutral:
PatArpPlus_BIG_GUI.png
I had to rebuild the entire PatternArp GUI so the styling and layout is different but the essence is the same :wink:
The elements use similar/same styling as PolyStepSeq since that had positive feedback :D

*NOTE: 'Pattern Arp Plus BIG' and 'Poly Step Seq BIG' are now Donation Ware.
You don't need a Keycode to use them, but a 'nag' screen will appear when first loaded.
Existing customers are not affected.

Download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap4jxwsnecqml ... G.dll?dl=0
OH!!

GORGEOUS !!!

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

C.Kerry wrote:*NOTE: 'Pattern Arp Plus BIG' and 'Poly Step Seq BIG' are now Donation Ware.
You don't need a Keycode to use them, but a 'nag' screen will appear when first loaded.
And where do we give?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

fluffy_little_something wrote:See first post ;)
ck_modules@chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Ah thank you Fluffy!
:tu:

C.Kerry wrote:
magicmusic wrote:but pattern changes during measure is mostly not need.Because a song consist of some sequences called. verse, bridge, fill, or verse1 bridge1 etc. and look at note sheets. here you can also see, that a song part not change sequence or transpose during a measure. It change only on measure start. so a delay to next measure is very usefull, because you need not hit the key exact in Time. its also usefull for transpose keys of a sequence, that only transpose on next measure start. and this do some VST as halion or omnisynth with trigger next beat.
PatternArp and StepSeq both have multiple(16) 'Patterns' in each Preset/Program.
If you want to just play verse,bridge,fill,verse in a structured 'song' then I don't understand why you just dont use the PLAYLIST feature - then it will play your whole song/backing for you. Just press 'Play' and you can play your lead/melody live on top of the backing patterns, what could be simpler?

StepSeq also has a 'Midi Key Step Mode' - this will play the next STEP when you press a midi key - so you can change the whole tempo/rhythm in your playing style.
The Playlist feature look good, but what should i do, when i not want play the whole song ?. i can not click in the playlist for example at step 5 so it play at step 5. Is VST(maybe VSt 3) not able to read the song position pointer, so i can in my sequencer set marker for example at measure 20 and the VST can jump to the sequence, that should play at measure 20 in DAW ?. also good is, when i can click in playlist on step 5 and the DAW jump then to the corresponding bar.

I want realtime play, because i first need make the list, cost some time. But i do not know what pattern sounds good together and how often i repeat a pattern. I decide per feeling and want switch to next pattern, if i feel that a next pattern should play. It is also for playing live composition, and to try out fast diffrent sequence fellow. I record all, and what sounds best for the parts and sequence and transpose with key, i keep. but often i dont want record a song, i want only play just for fun hear great sounds and make music for feeling.

BlackWinny wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:*NOTE: 'Pattern Arp Plus BIG' and 'Poly Step Seq BIG' are now Donation Ware.
And where do we give?
Donations are graciously received via PayPal to: ck_modules@chriskerry.f9.co.uk

For an unlock KeyCode make sure to specify which VST you are donating for because each KeyCode is keyed to the VST :neutral:

Although 'Black_Winny' and 'Fluffy..' you can contact me direct for free unlock KeyCodes - you both helped to improve the designs so, fair's fair right :tu:

I intend to release more useful SE tools/stuff under DonationWare in the near future.

Cheers Guys!

You might make an empty step/sequence, if that is possible, if necessary set velocity to zero. That would be like skipping a step.
CK: (?) just double click on notes to remove them.
In the Options Menu (left click in the info bar area) you can select 'Clear Sequence/Pattern' to remove all notes

C.Kerry wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
And where do we give?
Donations are graciously received via PayPal to: ck_modules@chriskerry.f9.co.uk

For an unlock KeyCode make sure to specify which VST you are donating for because each KeyCode is keyed to the VST :neutral:

Although 'Black_Winny' and 'Fluffy..' you can contact me direct for free unlock KeyCodes - you both helped to improve the designs so, fair's fair right :tu:

I intend to release more useful SE tools/stuff under DonationWare in the near future.

Cheers Guys!
Thank you, but I already got your complete bundle, hence the codes :)
CK: All good. You can have some freebies when i release new stuff

magicmusic wrote:The Playlist feature look good, but what should i do, when i not want play the whole song ?. i can not click in the playlist for example at step 5 so it play at step 5. Is VST(maybe VSt 3) not able to read the song position pointer, so i can in my sequencer set marker for example at measure 20 and the VST can jump to the sequence, that should play at measure 20 in DAW ?. also good is, when i can click in playlist on step 5 and the DAW jump then to the corresponding bar.

I want realtime play, because i first need make the list, cost some time. But i do not know what pattern sounds good together and how often i repeat a pattern. I decide per feeling and want switch to next pattern, if i feel that a next pattern should play. It is also for playing live composition, and to try out fast diffrent sequence fellow. I record all, and what sounds best for the parts and sequence and transpose with key, i keep. but often i dont want record a song, i want only play just for fun hear great sounds and make music for feeling.
Stuff like that can be built. You should really take a look at SynthEdit - You can build stuff that will do what you want to do. Download version 1.1 though. Version1.2 is in a bit of a mess (not finished)

PattenArp is all about live playing - totally interactive.
StepSeq is more about laying down backing tracks etc.

I also think you can program external pad controllers to switch Patterns on the fly either in the H/W or via the Host Midi converter functions.
This should get your timing tighter o/c the next note will occur on the next Clock so you dont need to be precise - but for any live performance you need to be on your game, right?

The MUX file i send to you that shows the now fixed init problem show this. All work perfect, when i switch the program change and the tranpose keys during the last Step of a pattern. But if not play perfect, the quantize to next measure feature can help. I have program changes on pads on my keyboard. press a pad send a program change then, and the sequencer and arp use another sequence.

step sequencer and arp work good together. I use your step sequencer without transpose for drums. the bass use your arp. and the chords are generate with the mux chord. The createt chords go into your arp and so depend on the arp sequence notes that fit the chord are create for the bass. bass part is transpose, in sample tank. It sound good.

thanks for enhancing, and that you plan to release your synthedit tools. i also test your midi delay module in synth edit, if this can do what i like when i use a formular, that calc the delaytime and round to the clock cycles of a measure depend on BPM

I find a workaround solution that can do the trigger or transpose only at start of sequence feature do. I use 1 pattern arp, that contain long notes at all rows.

your VST are not good for video show, because they show e_mail from User.
CK: The Authorisation doesn't show your email it shows your name and general location (Country/State)
Now they are Free/Donation ware I can provide Keycodes that just have your name
So i record only above text. I set reset to free, so the key press do not reset. See also the Module wire. it is only a simple example.

see in Video.

Video remove because clear now

I add an event monitor, so you can see, that i press the key to transpose the sequence far away from exact timing. But the transpose is done in exact timing, when the sequence start.

Only miss feature is, that program changes can not delay this way. Maybe you find it usefull to use the lowest octave to switch the sequence number ?. seq 1-10 are enough btw. I can then define my pads to this number and so i can switch the pattern with a key press in correct timing. I hope now can see for what the feature is usefull. to change or transpose background accompanion without hit the key perfect in time.
CK: I have always understood what you want to do regarding program changes from the start. That is not the issue
Last edited by magicmusic on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have created a MIDI Note & Program Change Quantiser Tool which may be useful for synchronising Program Changes and help playing notes/chords etc.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=422013

Please read the information before using.

Return to “CK Modules & VST”