new dx/dxi/mfx wrappers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lagrange wrote:When you drag the shell dlls onto shell2VST.exe, it creates a corresponding folder in the same dir as S2V (even if there are no MFX DX or DXI plugins present).

L
Sorry, I had a brain fart and was dragging .dlls that would not scan to S2V.

My bad - I'll test with the right plugs later.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Lagrange wrote:When you drag the shell dlls onto shell2VST.exe, it creates a corresponding folder in the same dir as S2V (even if there are no MFX DX or DXI plugins present).

L
I must be dense! What are the shell dlls? Where do they come from or how are they created?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I think he meant the shell dll's are like dxshell.dll, dxishell, mfxshell, the ones included in the package.

Here's how I worked it: loaded dxshell one in Savihost, it showed all my dx plugins, and I could choose one. Then I dragged the dxshell.dll or whatever it's called onto shell2vst.exe, and a folder was created with vst dll's of what used to be dx effects.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I think he meant the shell dll's are like dxshell.dll, dxishell, mfxshell, the ones included in the package.

Here's how I worked it: loaded dxshell one in Savihost, it showed all my dx plugins, and I could choose one. Then I dragged the dxshell.dll or whatever it's called onto shell2vst.exe, and a folder was created with vst dll's of what used to be dx effects.
I guess now I'm totally confused. I have a synth that has been identified by DXMan as a Dxi. How do I convert it to work as a VSTi?

Pretty simple. Open the folder containing:

dxishell.dll
dxshell.dll
mfxshell.dll
shell2vst.exe

Drag the dxishell.dll file onto shell2vst.exe. After the scan is complete you should see the folder:

DXi

inside the same folder as the other files.

Make sure your host is set to open VSTs from the same folder. Thats it ;) ..

L

Lagrange wrote:Pretty simple. Open the folder containing:

dxishell.dll
dxshell.dll
mfxshell.dll
shell2vst.exe

Drag the dxishell.dll file onto shell2vst.exe. After the scan is complete you should see the folder:

DXi

inside the same folder as the other files.

Make sure your host is set to open VSTs from the same folder. Thats it ;) ..

L
Thanks Lagrange. I'll try it!

OMG - this is positively brilliant! I've got PSYN II and some other cool Dx/Dxi plugs that were bundled with (and locked to) Kinetic from 12-tone. Now they work perfectly as VSTs in any host!

I've been searching for a wrapper to do this for years but this is much better... like a dream come true!

Thank you so very much polac!

PSYN II
DreamStation II
GlactiX - now works after being shelled!

I was intrigued by the possibilities afforded by the mfx wrapper i.e would I finally be able to get NTONYX SEM 1.28 plug in to work in SONAR 7 ?
(This was a performance modeling MIDI-only plugin that adds subtle timing, modulation and pitch bend to recorded sequences and is unremittingly fab)
Although SEM 1.28 can be added to the MIDI FX bin in SONAR and you can hear the results on the track - I cannot apply these results via 'Apply MIDI FX' nor can the effect be applied offline. Any thoughts folks ? :cry:

ExittheLemming wrote:would I finally be able to get NTONYX SEM 1.28 plug in to work in SONAR 7 >... Any thoughts folks ? :cry:
Lagrange wrote:ImageThis one loads.. But does not work..
ImageSame..
ImageSame..
ImageDitto..
ImageThis works!
ImageLoads but not functioning..

I bought this bundle a while back for cakewalk but I no longer use CW so I had these on an archive.. I put a MIDI message vst after the ones that load with no function and it seems they just get bypassed..

From HERE

L
Looks like the majority load but do not work in the wrapper..
stay juicy!

Exit you could always try
TobyBears Humanisator
Its a standard vst MIDI plugin..
stay juicy!

Many thanks for going to this trouble on my behalf Optomadic, it is much appreciated. I guess I'll just have to tweak my MIDI sequences from within Style Enhancer 4 (Standalone version) before going anywhere near SONAR 7.
You see the great thing about NTONYX/JMT performance modeling is that it is not merely random i.e the style templates they provide 'mimic' how a musician would play certain phrases as they appear in the track - with very subtle pitch bends, legato,staccato and modulation for guitars, brass, strings, synth pads and leads etc. Perhaps someone will code something very similar that can be used from within SONAR someday ? :?:

doesn't style enhancer have specific midi plugins FOR sonar already?

As far as I'm aware from SONAR 6 forward the NTONYX Style Enhancer MFX plugins ceased to work inside SONAR (Although some of the MFX Kit #1 DOES work within SONAR 7 eg Drum Adjuster and Controller Adjuster definitely work OK)
From that point forward the NTONYX company changed their name to Jasmine Music Technology and released all the updated performance modeling tools within their standalone sequencers SEM 4 and Onyx Arranger (of which I was a beta tester for the latter) :(

[quote="polac"]Hi all,

I decided to release these wrappers to public now, as freeware. Perhaps they are of use for someone :).

[/quote]Hi, I had been experimenting with these wrappers, hosts, mfx's or whatever they are and I had some very good unusual results.

I really didn't know what I was doing and I did not find any a-b-c- instructions so I headed out on my own.

I got some very unusual results which since I can't explain I will have to stay away from.

They all work. I have to say I was a Vista hater until a quad computer I bought was the OS so rather than have a big crash by trying to follow instructions on how to run XP with Vista, I started using Vista, got rid of most of the garbage, got Comodo CIS and ESET and cloned my drive and went to town.

The results at first were wonky. Some strange things happened and things that were predicted to happen did. I ended up with copies maybe three of the same plug in.

It gets interesting. Vista amazes me because it seems to get rid of bad stuff, things it seems you don't need. Sometimes it seems to repair itself and although I first hated it and it's still a pain, I leave the user account stuff on.

I found a lot of things that were on the drive that it converted that I forgot about, it kind of did away with the shell game and just gave you what you needed, very simple. I happened here by a link from Jammer by Sound Trek which now has a plug in that uses the vst wrapper so you can run it in say Acid Pro 7 and have the full functionality of Jammer 6.

Amazing but hard for me at least to put into words. I didn't damage anything I know of yet and it's been quite a while and I really, really didn't know what I was doing. I can't recommend or not but it worked for me.

Thanks for the latest build, nice to have some scripting in Kore ;)
Still crashing reaper but sub hosting in bidule or kore does the trick.

Btw, could be nice to have a param to allow cc00/32 and patch changes in the mfx.

mbncp please see your PM!
stay juicy!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”