Swarm - New GUI for Hive2 [OUT NOW]

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

psynical wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:34 pm looks like the .98d link has expired?
yes - PM'd.
Been working on a re-write from 0.9.7 to fix the "darker" bug and didn't make demo of every new revision :wink:

Where can I download this theme? It looks amazing

Skillzwitit wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:19 pm Where can I download this theme? It looks amazing
Thanks for your interest :)
Currently no demo versions and not yet published, if you wish to do a more thorough feedback you can PM me, else you'll need to sit tight for a little while till i figure out how to distribute it. :wink:

While we're here... Gumroad? Any better alternatives?

I like Gumroad a lot actually. Whenever I've needed a new download, I just find the original email, enter the email address associated with the order, and they generate a new set of files. Very easy.

Ploki wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 am
Skillzwitit wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:19 pm Where can I download this theme? It looks amazing
Thanks for your interest :)
Currently no demo versions and not yet published, if you wish to do a more thorough feedback you can PM me, else you'll need to sit tight for a little while till i figure out how to distribute it. :wink:

While we're here... Gumroad? Any better alternatives?
I've seen Sellfy and Payhip being used for software sales too.

Not sure if they are better than Gumroad though.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

hommage to the original Hive color scheme.

the "default theme" is now a dark-grey dual tone with a blue tint, the darkblue/beige was removed, i didn't feel it.

The download will have two folders, one with original Red/Orange highlights, and another with Cyan/Blue highlights that work well with whites and greys.

it would've been way to much work to try and implement both highlights into one package because the highlight color is scattered across png resources and scripting.

Working on gumroad page rn, still deciding on the pricing and making some page materials, should be soon i guess.

Preset pack will come later :)

Oooh...that homage to the original skin is nice. There are so many insanely great color combos in this skin. I could totally see people changing them up per preset. "This bass patch sounds kind of maroon." :)

I think the default option you show in that second preset would to well with a higher contrast text option on the top panel. Maybe the white/black combo. Just a small suggestion. Love that it's so easy to tweak all of this - so no worries if you're keeping as-is. Changing it as a button-click away.

Best Hive skin to date IMO. By far. Including the original.

Still find the text awkward and difficult to read, whilst text should really be horizontal in all places. Knobs on the effects section could be easily moved down so labels for phaser, delay reverb etc could be placed horizontally. The middle section has lines and points terminating over double lines. This doesn't look right, as bordering lines around elements are those which act as a container. As such, this looks more confused visually to the eye. Labels in the middle section are jammed right up to the dropdown menu displays. Not only does this make the GUI more crammed together, the result of this means that there is no consistency where other labels have enough white space between them. You should have at least 2 or 3 pixel space or more between elements. More space can be had by moving down the furthermost knobs in the middle section to free up space for the labels, which are curved around the knobs and should be horizontal.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I could only make FX horisontal if i made each FX label much smaller, because i can't move stuff down enough to make space for label as it is.
Same for mod section - i picked this text style so i could make more breathing room for actual knobs, if i did horisontal labels i'd need to make the mod section taller, which i didn't want to.
The labels above drop down display have zero space as an aesthetic choice purely. I like it. I didn't like 3 pixels away :)

The decision to use slightly different fonts and aesthetics for the middle section was deliberate - to separate it visually from the synthesis pane while still keeping some (false) sense of simplicity)

This skin crams a bit more stuff into a single tab than the original, again, to reduce tabbing and mousing :)

It's finally published - edited the original first post with some info and link

https://ploki.gumroad.com/l/swarm

There's 10 codes for KVR 35% off, use code KVR35 or follow this link:
https://ploki.gumroad.com/l/swarm/KVR35

One of the color themes from the new blue/cyan combo:

Sure, why not, maybe I did the first purchase? 😁
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

2nd purchase :) and thank you

Ploki wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:53 am 2nd purchase :) and thank you
Damn, always second place... 🤣

Great job btw, have followed the thread, but not commenting anything until now.

It is lovely..
Thanks.

Is there anyway to save your final selection in a format that you can transfer it from mac to pc or vice versa?
thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

skin settings are saved with hive’s own preferences- but i’m not sure where that file is located and whether it works cross-platform, would need to check with u-he

Return to “u-he”