Hive 2.X Feature Requests

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shapers are great but they have different strengths.

You can't really change the phase and you're limited in terms of timing to some simple fixed values.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:43 pm Shapers are great but they have different strengths.

You can't really change the phase and you're limited in terms of timing. No Hz values.
Ahhh... you asked for 2 simple LFO's. I figured they fit that. Yeah, you only have sync'ed timings and you cannot adjust phase. You can smoothly change the speed.

Yes. Maybe it's just me of course.

I like to modulate a lot of different things only by a small amount with low effort and that's so easy with an simple LFO. Especially for pads. And different timings for parameters help too to get it sound alive, which is difficult with just 2 LFOs on multiple parameters.

How about a "latch" for the sequencer? Sort of like the "always" selection in Repro 1's sequencer.

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:59 pm Yes. Maybe it's just me of course.

I like to modulate a lot of different things only by a small amount with low effort and that's so easy with an simple LFO. Especially for pads. And different timings for parameters help too to get it sound alive, which is difficult with just 2 LFOs on multiple parameters.
Between the Function Generators and Shapers, you have 6 extra LFO's with differing capabilities.

Could you explain more detailed? Not sure whether I understand you right. :wink: I know that you can use function generators and also the shaper to control things. They can do thing that an LFO can't do but also the other way around.

The Function Generators work as LFO's (Cycle Mode). They can be free running meaning that the loop speed is based on A and D levels. They can also trigger from LFO1 or LFO2 (Env mode). That is handy cause they follow the LFO rate, but have their own shape. They can also be triggered by the Shape Sequencers. And since you can have multiple steps in the Shapers, you can do stuff like make the Function Generator trigger twice, skip one, trigger twice, skip one, etc. Then the F.G.'s have various other modes which are too much to go into here.

The Shapers are also LFO's. Yes, you cannot adjust phase, but there are quite capable besides that. You can create lots of unique shapes not possible with the regular LFO's. You can modulate Rate to create smoothly varying speeds or just a flat rate out of sync. They are powerful mod tools.

Since you can drag the outputs of any of the FG's or Shapers to the Scope, it is easy to explore them and see the visual result.

That was a detailed reply. Thanks.

My point was that I wish I had more simple LFOs like LFO1/2 because they are so low effort to use. It's just faster for many things and for me it's often about low effort when I use synth. Function generators are great but I don't want to use them very often. In my ideal Hive one could switch function generator with LFOs via some toggle. Like LFO module slots that can hold whatever you need.

Don't know if it's been said, but it would be nice to be able to link oscillator wavetable interplation position with the other.

This is a simple request, but can we please have the ability to rename Favourite folders. It's very handy to be able to right-click and add favourites, but some level of additional categorization (Favourite Basses, Favorite Leads, or something more personal) is really going to help make sense of that collection if all you do is that single "right-click to favourite" action.

+1

I’d like to have an option of categorizing modules presets in custom folders.
For example it would be neat to have ability to create fx folders based on general effect like spacey, aggressive etc
Or creating sequencer folders based on used keys

Some ideas:

Add an alternate character mode for "Normal" that is based on the OTA instead of the Ladder filter.

Make a spin-off synth or add a mode for Zebralette 3 based on Hive's dual-axis wavetables a la Animoog Z.

Does using ring modulation or FM really use more CPU than the sideband filter?

Give the envelopes a looping feature.

Wavetable bit reduction for a crispy sound with lower processing power!

For me the main thing I'd like is more visual feedback on modulation. Right now, to understand the network of modulations in a patch means going to Matrix A or B and scanning through them to work out if X is affecting Y, and when I have two or three things modulating the Filter Cutoff, for example, it trips me up a bit.

Since it's possible to modulate by dragging and dropping, and you get a virtual orange cable when you do that, I'd really like to be able to see those cables, and maybe toggle them on or off so I don't have to deal with the Matrix AB twins so often.

Maybe it would be nice to also have visual feedback on the knobs/dials/faders as well, for a similar reason. Again maybe this would be better as a toggle on-off feature.

Perhaps all that already exists and I just haven't found and enabled it. Anyway. Some thoughts.

FM/RM an oscillator with the sub oscillator!!!

Also it would be great if we could set the pulse width without using a mod slot. Just make it like the wavetable osc where you can click and drag on the waveform display.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “u-he”