Eventide Blackhole Immersive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blackhole Immersive

I own Blackhole. My Crossgrade price $375. Instabuy! :o :hihi:

We are happy to announce that the latest updates allow you to use Blackhole Immersive and MicroPitch Immersive in mono/stereo formats. The updates also include new presets, increased channel layout and upmixing support, and other improvements. Let us know if you have any questions!

charlesalbert wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:46 pm Gave it a spin. Fl studio 21.2, i9, 64 Fb or ram etc… 37% cpu usage 😂 not for me.
The latest updates include reduced CPU loads for Blackhole Immersive if you'd like to give it another shot.

Just listening in stereo and comparing like for like presets this is better than the original blackhole. It’s more like what I expect out of this type of reverb, it sounds denser, fuller and sounds naturally more immersive and wider. UI is so much nicer to me too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

rj0 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 am I own Blackhole. My Crossgrade price $375. Instabuy! :o :hihi:
Yeh, I paid $29 for Blackhole in one of the many sales but don't use it much now...it's not worth $35 bucks for an upgrade to me, let alone $350! :roll: ATMOS tax is high!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The normal Blackhole is one of the best reverbs for ambient music, the smoothest and the most beautiful sounding
1f972.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm The normal Blackhole is one of the best reverbs for ambient music, the smoothest and the most beautiful sounding 1f972.png
I used it a lot when I first got it but I much prefer the Stymon Bigsky plugin now.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Orville71 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 pm We are happy to announce that the latest updates allow you to use Blackhole Immersive and MicroPitch Immersive in mono/stereo formats. The updates also include new presets, increased channel layout and upmixing support, and other improvements. Let us know if you have any questions!
Blackhole is such a classic, but I don't think Atmos support was what most users were clamoring for. Would love to see a "Blackhole Le$$Immersive" stereo-only version. i.e. Blackhole 2.0.

Things users might want more than Dolby Atmos:
  • A nice fresh interface (nailed that one :clap:)
  • Binaural/"3D"/stereo enhancement that works fine with normal headphones (many other plugins have done it.) We all know how well the dual H910 trick works. Mid/side only, swapped mid/side are other simple tricks for interesting spatial effects (not that Eventide needs DSP tips. :hail: )
  • Stereo width (-150 to +150). Swapping the L/R on the wet signal is quite useful (see Valhalla), as are narrow reverbs.
  • Keep the EQ and crossfeed. Nice additions.
  • EQ presets with the ability to load into Morph I/II would make dialing in complex morphing far easier. Also musicians think in notes, not Hz so why not let users enter note values i.e C3, A4 like other plugins? That way when morphing it's simple to emphasize/cut frequencies based on the start/end musical content without a visit to notefreqs.html
  • Add ducking. My guess for the most requested feature.
  • Kill wet with MIDI note trigger (like Silencer) so we can use the massive tails Blackhole excels at with less worry about tonal clashes and excessive build-up. Sending existing MIDI is easier than automation lanes, mapping controllers...
  • Locking for additional parameters when changing presets. Maybe we've meticulously set the EQ, delay, or have a cool modulation which would take far longer to restore than a simple mix knob.
  • Allow importing presets from Blackhole OG. Unlike many companies Eventide has the sanity to use simple XML for presets so it's a bit odd to release such a high-priced update that can't open a .tide file, divide the values by 100 and assign them to parameters with the same names in a .tidex file :-? (it doesn't need to be perfect to be really useful!)
It makes cents to release a Dolby Atmos version at Dolby Atmos pricing first, just don't forget about the rest of us non-Hollywood musicians (i.e 99+% of KVR)... :wink:

Also what s up with the cpu usage Eventide? It is outrageous.
Cinematic Rooms Pro is also multi channel but it uses the same amount of cpu as the regular stereo Blackhole.
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:02 am Also what s up with the cpu usage Eventide? It is outrageous.
Cinematic Rooms Pro is also multi channel but it uses the same amount of cpu as the regular stereo Blackhole.
Have you tried the latest version of Blackhole Immersive? The CPU load has been improved.

Orville71 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:51 pm
martiu wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:02 am Also what s up with the cpu usage Eventide? It is outrageous.
Have you tried the latest version of Blackhole Immersive? The CPU load has been improved.
No i tried the v1.0.0, is good that the efficiency is improved in the newer version :hug: :hug: :hug:
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:07 pm
Orville71 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:51 pm
No i tried the v1.0.0, is good that the efficiency is improved in the newer version :hug: :hug: :hug:
Give it a try and let us know what you think. If you've already used your 30-day demo, you can email support@eventide.com and we can extend your trial period.

The plugin now is really amazing. Really nice work. The improvement in cpu usage is huge♥️

Now reduced to $49 for the crossgrade. I'm asking them if there is a further discount if you crossgrade Blackhole & Micropitch.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm Now reduced to $49 for the crossgrade. I'm asking them if there is a further discount if you crossgrade Blackhole & Micropitch.
Keep us in the loop, please!

Return to “Effects”