Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 pm I am not really sure what you mean by 'doesn't load official ROM files', I just googled it (no dark web needed) and downloaded the .bin file and it worked...took 30 seconds.
What I meant is that you can just download the firmware from the synths' manufacturer's sites with the other plugins. For the Microwave, you have to download it from sites where someone illegally uploaded and offered firmware dumps.
Yes, this is true (you need a ROM archive sites) but the stuff on those sites is normally just hardware ROMS discontinued and unsupported by the manufacturer so the only way you can use the synth is with an emulator or second hand unit (where you would probably need to go to a ROM archive site anyway as the OEM doesn't support it).

The Devs did contact all the hardware manufacturers and offer to work with them, I for one would be happy to pay for and use a supported ROM, but it seems they were not interested in being involved with these older unsupported products...it is what it is right now until something changes but it is fascinating seeing what can be done either way. Aa fun as it all is, there are now better software alternatives for all of these older legacy synths IMO (even the Ti) so it really is either just a bit of fun or a way to use old patches (if you had the hardware)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Not sure why people are tip toeing around the morality of downloading a widely available rom on a discontinued Synth?
As for the emulation itself ...well results seem to be closely correlated with the users hardware.
Plebs with potato's won't enjoy it as much as those with powerful systems.
Pay to win 😁

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 pm
Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:32 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 pm
Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:34 pm There appears to be no way to init this vst, is that right?

edit: nevermind thanks I saw it is on one of the banks.
No. The VirusTi don't have init patch function
Yes it does, its a patch at the bottom of rambankB
Like I said, a function
What an utterly pointless distinction.
Pointless ?
On my Summit. There is a init buton, it will inialise any preset,
so I don't care to erase any blank preset

On the Virus, by mistake you can loose the init preset.
Do you get now ?
See my initial post, see the enlarged red bit, where I was looking for a way to init this vst?

For some presumably neck-beard related reason you decided to tell me that there is no 'function' to init on a hardware virus, even though I was clearly referencing a 'way' to init this 'vst'.

There is nothing for me to 'get'.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Does this thing do the Novation Nova/Supernova yet? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Doggo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:54 pm Not sure why people are tip toeing around the morality of downloading a widely available rom on a discontinued Synth?
As for the emulation itself ...well results seem to be closely correlated with the users hardware.
Plebs with potato's won't enjoy it as much as those with powerful systems.
Pay to win 😁
there is always intellectuel propriety
dj ray wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm Does this thing do the Novation Nova/Supernova yet? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

The next year. May be the Nord Lead.
They said the Supernova is about 8 DSP, there is almost no chance to make it work

kenny saunders wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 pm
See my initial post, see the enlarged red bit, where I was looking for a way to init this vst?

For some presumably neck-beard related reason you decided to tell me that there is no 'function' to init on a hardware virus, even though I was clearly referencing a 'way' to init this 'vst'.

There is nothing for me to 'get'.
The Usual Supects team do not work on the firmware. OsTitus is not an Virus Ti emulation.
if something doesn't exist in the hardware, it will not exist on the vsti.
Are they able to add an init on the patch manager (external dev to the firmware) to handle that ? May be. But i doubt. The patch manager is a common dev for every vsti osirus, Varva, OsTirus etc...
Last edited by Gam456 on Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:24 pm The Devs did contact all the hardware manufacturers and offer to work with them, I for one would be happy to pay for and use a supported ROM
I'm guessing they don't want to sell something that can't be copy protected.
Aa fun as it all is, there are now better software alternatives for all of these older legacy synths IMO (even the Ti) so it really is either just a bit of fun or a way to use old patches (if you had the hardware)
Speaking about the hardware only (we're not supposed to discuss alpha versions outside of the Discord), the Microwave XT has a sharp, biting sound that I don't get from other wavetable synths. But I 100% agree with you in terms of the Viruses and Micro Q.

dj ray wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 pm Does this thing do the Novation Nova/Supernova yet? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?
No, and, there's probably a long way towards that, if it ever happens. As has been pointed out, the Supernova has 8 DSPs, even the original Nova has 6 DSPs. For comparison, the Virus TI has 2 DSPs, and barely runs on some older machines.

Not sure if they will ever get on top of that.

The closest you get to the Supernova in software is the Novation V-Station, but, you probably already know that.

@Gam456 I had no idea the Supernova had more juice than even the Virus TI. And no one has bothered to try and emulate it directly either. I might just have to get a Nova desktop after all, haha.

Maybe one day, we will see a revival of these old synths by the manufacturers. You know, like these video game remasters. That would be something. :)

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm Maybe one day, we will see a revival of these old synths by the manufacturers. You know, like these video game remasters. That would be something. :)

I will not be surprise if Berhinger release something similair to a Virus

Gam456 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:30 pm there is always intellectuel propriety
Yes I understand.
Perhaps a better solution would have been a resolution between both parties?
I was led to believe that The Usual Suspects reached out to Access Music?

Would be great to have a motherboard capable card so we could blow our own Dsp's. At a cost of course.

Gam456 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 pm
I will not be surprise if Berhinger release something similair to a Virus
The Covid :wink:
No auto tune...

The Y2K!

Doggo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:18 pm Would be great to have a motherboard capable card so we could blow our own Dsp's. At a cost of course.
I don't think something like that will be developed again. Makes much more sense to just develop soft synths.

vs. the Microwave XT:
i found a "........_sys_v233.mid" file.
Is it this ?

Return to “Instruments”