One DAW as your only environment/instrument(s)?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Solar panels, FFS!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Rubbish. There are no solar panels in a deserted island.

but if you had a lot of copper, you could maybe build a tidal stream generator...
just maybe.. you might as well get a grip on a bunch of plutonium or the like
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Rubbish. The components of the generator would rust and the sharks would chew on exposed wiring.

Those pesky sharks...you would have to hunt them for food
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

VOODOO U wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:47 am Rubbish. There are no solar panels in a deserted island.
get some from amazon.

Rubbish. Amazon doesn't deliver to remote islands. Wouldn't surprise me though if the island has a Starbucks and McDonald's.

What was this thread about again?

VOODOO U wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:42 pm Rubbish. Amazon doesn't deliver to remote islands. Wouldn't surprise me though if the island has a Starbucks and McDonald's.
actually, they do.
saw a thing about it the other day. they don't offer prime however.

Perfect! Now all i need is the island.

If a hardware software combo is fair game:

An MPC Live + it's DAW software. It's not but any means a great DAW, but I really like the combo.

If only software, probably Ableton for me.

Do I get my Halion license with Cubase? If so, I'll just stick with that (I'm pretty much neglecting all my hardware and only using the DAW nowadays as it is). Guess I could get by with Sampler Track if not, otherwise I guess I'll fire up my Logic install since it comes with Sampler and Quick Sampler..

VOODOO U wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:42 pm What was this thread about again?
Something to do with islands, music, and McDonald's, I think.

mothra wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:25 pm Do I get my Halion license with Cubase? If so, I'll just stick with that (I'm pretty much neglecting all my hardware and only using the DAW nowadays as it is). Guess I could get by with Sampler Track if not, otherwise I guess I'll fire up my Logic install since it comes with Sampler and Quick Sampler..
You only get HALion Sonic 7 with Cubase. HALion Sonic 7 is only a Sample Library "Player" like KONTAKT Player and a Subtractive Synth Engine.

It doesn't have the rest of the HALion Synth Engines, and doesn't function as a full Sampler Instrument.

Sampler Track is the "Quick Sampler" of Steinberg's ecosystem. HALion is the "Sampler" (EXS24) of the Steinberg ecosystem. They don't give it away, though HALion Sonic is an upgrade from the HALion Sonic SE they used to bundle with the DAW.

You probably won't need Quick Sampler since Cubase's Sampler Track is pretty good now. I'm not sure if you can import EXS24 patches into HALion Sonic 7. I have never tried, since I've had full HALion forever. If you cannot, then using Logic Sampler isn't really going to work around anything, since it's exclusive to Logic/MainStage and you won't be able to import those sampler patches. You'd had to find another Sampler on the cheap that can do that (e.g. AIR Structure 2).

But, it MAY be possible. I'm going to look for a patch to see if I can import it into HALion Sonic 7 shortly.

EDIT: Tried an EXS Patch... Results.

Opened Patch and Loaded Samples: Steinberg HALion 7, UVI Falcon 3, AIR Structure 2
Can't Load Patch: Steinberg HALion Sonic 7 (Feature Limited), Independence Pro and Reason NN-XT (Format Not Supported)

Basically, they've already closed the loophole you're thinking about - where someone would use something else and then sidestep the feature disparities by simply dragging in a third-party sampler patch.

You'd need to acquire a cheap third-party sampler that supports importing EXS24 patches, like AIR Structure 2 (when it's on sale for almost nothing).

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Has anyone said Renoise yet? I can't be arsed sifting through this thread but you could do anything and everything with Renoise natively.
www.cel10.com

There are better signatures out there.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”