Do you use or have you used Samplitude?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,
I use Samplitude Music Studio 2023 because I started with this DAW a long time ago and am used to it.
I tested others: Ableton Live and Reaper. They are undoubtedly very good but the learning curve seems very, very long to me to get rid of my habits on Samplitude and obtain the same ease with other DAWs.
I notice that almost no one talks about Samplitude. However, I find it very good. In the version that I use, it still has some flaws: it does not allow you to use more than 32 different virtual instruments on the same project and the routing between tracks is limited (for example, you cannot do side -chaining with a compressor or EQ).
These limitations no longer exist in the ProX version of the software and I am considering purchasing it. However, it is quite expensive and each update of Samplitude costs money (I'm thinking about the future!).
Also, to help with my thinking, I would like to know if any of you have used Samplitude ProX and still use it.
Or used/tested it and abandoned it and why.
Or only use it for certain tasks and why.
THANKS !

No, never used Samplitude and never will.

I used Samp ProX2 10 years ago.

I abandoned directly due to issues with Waves VST3 stuff, like Element synth.
- crashed
- and even scanning the Waves plugins I owned it crashed
- Waves had several remote sessions on my computer and could not fix it
- Waves even removed Samp as supported for VST3 shortly after, only VST2

Unability to fix bugs was main reason dropping it.

I came from Reaper before, and using EDL format I could move projects to Samp, one good thing about it.
- making midi clips in Reaper external so file on disc, even the midi was transferred

Felt some things like sends were a bit cumbersome, that you needed first a patch cable to an effect bus, then an effect bus itself. Both had separate names.

To get low enough round trip latency I had to look through a table how to go about that.
- good options just a bit more cumbersome

I looked at Samp ProX8 recently but it was not ready for hidpi so thinking ahead when my 1080p monitors drop dead, it will only be 4k monitors to purchase.
- my monitors are already more than 10 years old
- Samp felt a bit small on 1080p even
- talking to support they said there would be other themes to pick from, which I did not check how those would look

I have not ruled out Samp ProX for future completely, just not right now. A killer discount might make me try it full scale running full project and such. And test different themes if bigger size ones etc.
- I just tried it on a weak surf laptop I am writing on now

Talking to support for ProX8 currently you must go online once a month to authorize it, but they immediately gave me the options to get a P2-based serial which does not need to do that.
- standard is P3-based serial, starting with P3
- I like people that are flexible when I said computer is not online normally
- if an issue for you, talk to them

I did not run ProX8 enough to see if any stability issues with plugins I have.

I have been running my old Sonar Artist last updated 2016 and in no need for a new daw.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”