FR: 18dB/oct Filter Slopes

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MAutoDynamicEq MCompleteBundle MFilter

Please add 18dB/oct. filter slopes to MADEQ, MCabinet, and the rest of the Melda filters and EQs. Thank you.

HP/LP6 go to 18db/oct, when you set slope number to 3, if that's any help

If we are asking for slopes, how about continuously variable?

_al_ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:10 am HP/LP6 go to 18db/oct, when you set slope number to 3, if that's any help
In which EQ? Unfortunately not MAutoDynamicEQ.

Edit: Oh I see - in MFilter there's this LP/HP6. Thanks.

As an aside, I request that Melda unify all these disparate EQ features like parallel mode, LP/HP6 (including the 18dB/oct slopes), automatic features, variable slopes, nonlinear gain, and everything else into one plugin (maybe even freeform eq though that seems conceptually different enough to not be included - though it would be fantastic if it were!).

My reasoning for this outside of pure selfishness is that I think most people don't want to bounce among EQs when in a creative flow. A good chunk of what Melda plugins are good at is almost becoming ends unto themselves i.e. MADEQ is a sound design tool. I just want one EQ to rule them all, please, and I don't care if it costs more CPU.

Thank you.

I'm wondering, couldn't you just set up an 18db in MFilter, and then mimic it in MADeq, using the Q function?
Obviously not ideal, but I'm sure you could get pretty close?
Personally, I can't see why you would need such precision, but you clearly do :?

Either way, I would like to thank you for making me open MADeq.
I can see that if I leave the dynamics disabled, it's still a lot more flexible than MFilter!

I mainly use ProQ and FL's PEQ, but I'm gonna keep this thing in mind :hug:

edit:
Actually, I do agree it would be cool if we had some kind of MTurboDigitalEQ, where we could create our own slopes, and have them stored as default slopes!
Personally, I got a thing for dual resonance peaks (like, a main resonance peak, and a softer one a little bit to it's side), so if I could have some of those as my custom defaults in some super filter plugin... I reckon that would be my goto for many things.

_al_ wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:22 pm I'm wondering, couldn't you just set up an 18db in MFilter, and then mimic it in MADeq, using the Q function?
Obviously not ideal, but I'm sure you could get pretty close?
Personally, I can't see why you would need such precision, but you clearly do :?

Either way, I would like to thank you for making me open MADeq.
I can see that if I leave the dynamics disabled, it's still a lot more flexible than MFilter!

I mainly use ProQ and FL's PEQ, but I'm gonna keep this thing in mind :hug:

edit:
Actually, I do agree it would be cool if we had some kind of MTurboDigitalEQ, where we could create our own slopes, and have them stored as default slopes!
Personally, I got a thing for dual resonance peaks (like, a main resonance peak, and a softer one a little bit to it's side), so if I could have some of those as my custom defaults in some super filter plugin... I reckon that would be my goto for many things.
Yeah, I don't know. My ear just likes 18dB/oct slopes. But you see what I mean - in this common year of ours, I see no need to arbitrarily limit the number of available filters. MADEQ is, well MAD, but it would be RAGING if it were more fully-featured.

Instead of touching MADEQ that looks like breaking compatibility, i think a new fully featured one may be the answer.

In the past i also asked a bandpass, like pro-q3 comes with, but apparently is not easy as it may looks to implement it.

So even if they already have too many eq (yes they already have too much stuff) it may be time for one eq to rule them all, that finally comes with all the things already present on other eq's, such as you asked more slopes, more kind of band (like bandpass) a switch between linear phase and natural phase, a toggle to enable transient/tonal eq if needed and whatever feature to make the "definitive eq".

Anyway is this something with high priority? I don't think so.
I mean i don't know how much time it require to create something like that, but i.e. i still think a proper saturator is way more important. One with the different kind of saturation (multiple tube, multiple tape, fold, and so on) like Saturn and friends.

There is also "mixing revolution" that if i understood correctly, should be in the work, i remember Mr V :D saying that he would work on it if we stop to make feature requests.
I have no clue on what mixing revolution is, so i cannot say what i'd prefer them to focus, but certainly, a proper mastering analyzer, like i wrote here
viewtopic.php?t=609576
Is needed, because there is nothing like that in the market!

Frankie.T wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 pm Instead of touching MADEQ that looks like breaking compatibility, i think a new fully featured one may be the answer.

In the past i also asked a bandpass, like pro-q3 comes with, but apparently is not easy as it may looks to implement it.

So even if they already have too many eq (yes they already have too much stuff) it may be time for one eq to rule them all, that finally comes with all the things already present on other eq's, such as you asked more slopes, more kind of band (like bandpass) a switch between linear phase and natural phase, a toggle to enable transient/tonal eq if needed and whatever feature to make the "definitive eq".

Anyway is this something with high priority? I don't think so.
I mean i don't know how much time it require to create something like that, but i.e. i still think a proper saturator is way more important. One with the different kind of saturation (multiple tube, multiple tape, fold, and so on) like Saturn and friends.

There is also "mixing revolution" that if i understood correctly, should be in the work, i remember Mr V :D saying that he would work on it if we stop to make feature requests.
I have no clue on what mixing revolution is, so i cannot say what i'd prefer them to focus, but certainly, a proper mastering analyzer, like i wrote here
viewtopic.php?t=609576
Is needed, because there is nothing like that in the market!
Yeah those are good points: backward compatibility and priority given that the options are available albeit under different titles. I guess nothing is stopping me from using MFilter it's just that sometimes I forget which EQ does what but knowing that's part of the job, I suppose.

I mixing revolution ever comes, I really hope it has 18dB/oct slopes, that's all I'll say :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”