Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know the state of license transfers with iZotope these days? Is it the same old process, or have they/will they switch over to the NI method?

dangayle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 am Does anyone know the state of license transfers with iZotope these days? Is it the same old process, or have they/will they switch over to the NI method?
Same process, just open a ticket to their support including the product/serial you want to transfer and the new owner data (name and account mail), they require some day and will then notify the transfer to you and the new owner.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am
jules99 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:30 am Vengeance-Sound VPS Avenger 2 is on sale at Thomann with quite the discount until May 10:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/vengeance_ ... nger_2.htm
Am I correct that there's no demo version of Avenger?
In the FAQ they mention the demo and limitations

https://vengeance-sound.com/faq_avenger.php

Maybe creating an account you will be able to download the demo version.

I never read their FAQ before, but I just saw the part about importing WAV files. Their example of 4th intervals seems incorrect, but I'm just nitpicking.

Examigan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:24 pm I never read their FAQ before, but I just saw the part about importing WAV files. Their example of 4th intervals seems incorrect, but I'm just nitpicking.
Maybe they are not great in math :D

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:44 pm Does anyone have a coupon code for a free month of Splice Sounds+ or Creator plan?

I have one of the following options for trade:

UA PolyMAX Synth
Waves Silk Vocal
UVI Digital Synsations
Ujam MELLOW 2

Please PM me if interested. Thanks! :)
Thank you so much to agharta for their kind gesture with the Splice discount code. :tu:
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon May 06, 2024 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

D-Fused Sounds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 am In the FAQ they mention the demo and limitations

Thanks. I did it but still can't find a demo version. Anyway, this is giving me flashbacks to my worst ever plugin purchase, Nexus, so I'll go ahead and pass on it.

D-Fused Sounds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am
dangayle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 am Does anyone know the state of license transfers with iZotope these days? Is it the same old process, or have they/will they switch over to the NI method?
Same process, just open a ticket to their support including the product/serial you want to transfer and the new owner data (name and account mail), they require some day and will then notify the transfer to you and the new owner.
I’ll wait until they switchover. What iZotope hides deep in their terms is that you can’t transfer a product you’ve had twice or some such business. Like if you’ve owned RX and sold it once, technically you’re not allowed to sell it again. I’ve went around and around with them in the past due to their crappy system, I hope things will be easier to deal with.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm
D-Fused Sounds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 am In the FAQ they mention the demo and limitations

Thanks. I did it but still can't find a demo version. Anyway, this is giving me flashbacks to my worst ever plugin purchase, Nexus, so I'll go ahead and pass on it.
You're right, purchase a product without the possibility to demo it and without a clear refund policy, it doesn't give confidence, as you have well explained unfortunately it can run into rip-offs :?

D-Fused Sounds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 am
Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am
jules99 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:30 am Vengeance-Sound VPS Avenger 2 is on sale at Thomann with quite the discount until May 10:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/vengeance_ ... nger_2.htm
Am I correct that there's no demo version of Avenger?
In the FAQ they mention the demo and limitations

There is no Avenger demo. They've mentioned it a few times recently ; the rationale is the demo would be another piece of software that would have to maintained and would just be a drain on resources from their point of view. Avenger is a great synth especially if you look past the multitude of autoplay sequencing/arp features. It can cover a lot of bases for those focused on making contemporary music.

Thanks. My concern is that Nexus always felt static to me. I found it uninspiring. Is it a similar story with Avenger or have they figured out how to give the samples more life?

In my opinion they may be good synths for make music because they already have sounds setted for specific genres but if you want to go deeper in sound design, I don't think Nexus or Avenger can be compared with synths like Hive/Diva or Pigments for example, that's what I think Eric is explaining.

D-Fused Sounds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm if you want to go deeper in sound design, I don't think.....Avenger can be compared with synths like Hive/Diva or Pigments for example, that's what I think Eric is explaining.
Avenger destroys Hive and Diva for deep sound design. They are toys compared to Avenger. :wink:

Pigments has some nice features but can't compete with Avenger for overall range of sound.

Too many people can't get past the one finger presets in Avenger and those people usefully don't own Avenger or don't have the needed sound design skills to take advantage of its power.
Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 pm Thanks. My concern is that Nexus always felt static to me. I found it uninspiring. Is it a similar story with Avenger or have they figured out how to give the samples more life?
You could make hundreds of patches for Avenger and never touch a sample. I don't know what you mean by "giving the samples more life".
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:08 am You could make hundreds of patches for Avenger and never touch a sample. I don't know what you mean by "giving the samples more life".
Good to know. I'm a total noob when it comes to Avenger. I'm just saying that I thought Nexus sounded static, flat, and lifeless, and I'm wondering if Avenger is different.

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:08 am Avenger destroys Hive and Diva for deep sound design. They are toys compared to Avenger. :wink:

Pigments has some nice features but can't compete with Avenger for overall range of sound.
Hey, look, a BS claim that will never come with audio examples.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”