GForce Oberheim DMX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 pm The midi files are pretty good just dropped in as clips in live or Bitwig…
I love that Alex Ball is on a mission to stick in non-4/4 or compound time signatures in everything he does, presumably in the hope that more people will start using them... :hihi:

emef wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pmi bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer
Lucky for us, then, that it's a VSTi, designed to work in your f**king DAW. The last f**king thing this needs is a sequencer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Another bug for me - when I save an AUpreset in Logic to save a kit, as soon as I save, the reverb settings get reset to default.

I'm not sure whether it's the save that's the problem, or the preset recall, but either way, whatever reverb settings you choose get lost when you save the preset in Logic.

I assume you are emailing them the bug reports? I don't use Logic or anything AU so couldn't test and report this one.. sorry.
rsp
sound sculptist

BONES wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:22 pm
emef wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pmi bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer
Lucky for us, then, that it's a VSTi, designed to work in your f**king DAW. The last f**king thing this needs is a sequencer.
haha hey BONES
great to see you're being your jolly upbeat self as usual
i'm using Geist1 as a sequencer for DMX and those midi files supplied with DMX work great loaded in Geist and i can easily transfer that system to any of the other DAWs i use cos i've saved those as Geist pattern banks
i love the Geist sequencer and i'm more at home working in that

cheers for your inspiring post, BONES :party:

Buckster wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:48 pm
emef wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pm i bought it, but this definitely needs a sequencer
I was just driving the demo of DMX from Atlas (in Bitwig)- very sophisticated sequencer that you can play with live
great idea, i just started using Geist 1 to do the same thing
i haven't tried Atlas yet so i'll give that a go, cheers :tu:

emef wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 ami'm using Geist1 as a sequencer for DMX and those midi files supplied with DMX work great loaded in Geist and i can easily transfer that system to any of the other DAWs i use cos i've saved those as Geist pattern banks
This translates as "I love making my life more difficult than it needs to be for absolutely no reason at all". Absolutely. No. Reason. Geist doesn't do anything you can't do in any half-decent DAW.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:51 am
emef wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 ami'm using Geist1 as a sequencer for DMX and those midi files supplied with DMX work great loaded in Geist and i can easily transfer that system to any of the other DAWs i use cos i've saved those as Geist pattern banks
This translates as "I love making my life more difficult than it needs to be for absolutely no reason at all". Absolutely. No. Reason. Geist doesn't do anything you can't do in any half-decent DAW.
haha it translates like that to you cos that's how you like to make music
it hasn't made life more difficult for me cos this is how i like to make music
but thanks for your furious input, always a joy

I have few drum machine without sequencer (RX1220, GForce DMX, Hearbeat)

Anyone know a good drum sequencer ?
Last edited by Gam456 on Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your DAW
Last edited by Aloysius on Fri May 03, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gam456 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm I have few drum machine without sequencer (RX1220, GForce DMX, Hearbeat)

Piano roll

seafire wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:53 pm
Gam456 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm I have few drum machine without sequencer (RX1220, GForce DMX, Hearbeat)

Piano roll
I can't play anymore on a keyboard. I lose my fingers with a lawnmower accident
Damn grass :roll:

How do you input into your drum sequencer with no fingers? :scared:

sqigls wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 am i think we need a Matrix 12 wish thread

golly i hope that machine is next on the GForce to do list
Refresh my memory... The Matrix 12 is what inspired the M1000? If so, count me among the wishing.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:01 pm Refresh my memory... The Matrix 12 is what inspired the M1000? If so, count me among the wishing.
No, the Matrix 6. The Matrix 1000 is basically a multitimbral Matrix 6 in a rack.

The Matrix 6 didn't have much in common with the 12 at all, apart from the matrix modulation concept.

Return to “Instruments”