Rather nasty Reaper crazh seemingly caused by Melda

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I'm a MCompleteBundle subscriber and am loving it.
I'm running Reaper 7.15 on an older (2017) Mac.
I have been running into an occasional bug where MSoundFactory will report that it can't find required files. Navigating to them and selecting them doesn't work as the application won't recognize the files for some reason.
However, clicking cancel shows that the plugin is working correctly, still plays the parts, etc, etc.
So I lived with it.
This morning however, I attempted to save a version of a particular project. This seemed to work and I moved on to another project and did some work.
When I returned to the original one and attempted to load it, Reaper crashed. Looking at the error report led me to Melda as a possible culprit, so I downloaded the latest Installer, performed a quick clean up and re installed.
The reinstall took a few hours and seemed to loop at least twice which was strange.
It completed and I restarted my machine just to be sure and attempted to load the offending project only to be met with the same crash.

This is not urgent since I was able to load a backup version, but it is kind of crappy in that I lost a couple of hours debugging and reinstalling.

To be clear, everything is working fine again save for that one particular project. If I really have to I can use recovery mode, so I'm not in a bad place.

I'm only reporting this cause it's kind of nasty and I thought the devs might want to know about it.

The error log is too long to be pasted so I saved it to a text file, zipped, and attached it to this message.

Thanks for the amazing plugins and I hope this helps someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's always good to report any bug you find!

Let me suggest you also to report the bug through their email, that may be a faster way to report

I noticed a bug in MSoundFactory with MonasteryGrand where it would crash on loading. Reinstalling MonasteryGrand fixed it but the same problem occurred again the next day. I still need to get the crash report.

Return to “MeldaProduction”