Roland Cloud Manager doesnt work anymore Win10 - I cannot use my plugins! Cloud hooray

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, with all these ilok, elicenser and other plugins i never had problems with authorization until Roland Cloud.... i just wanted to continue on 2 songs which have some roland vsts and i f*cking cannot load em. thanks roland.

i got version 3.1.3 installed since a month or so. now i wondered where my RCM icon is. i restarted the pc and still no icon, when i load a plugin it says no RCM found. i checked my task manager but it is running. so no uninstaller in the control panel, you have to start the maintenance tool in the folder (wonderful programming lol). and then uninstalled it. i restarted my pc. then i reinstalled v3.1.3 and the icon appears and after a second disappears again. this is just so bad bad bad. i also deactivated my antivirus app and it changes nothing.

does anyone have any ideas? any tips or maybe have also these problems?

welcome to the digital shit era where you are dependant on cloud services. yeah im guilty using this crap.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Buy hardware instead. Problem solved.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm Buy hardware instead. Problem solved.
------------------------
Last edited by D-Fusion on Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love Roland synths but the way they treat us digital customers.. It's like they are pushing you to... do unspeakable things

Is the reason i stay away from everything that comes with external will. Some months ago i wrote in this forum in the Roland topic, if was possible to buy their synth without these internet/cloud no-sense, cause one rep from Roland was in the topic, and the reply was (ofc) negative, and so they never saw a cent from me, and they never will just because of that.

On certain topics when someone write "against" this auth system sometimes it get crushed by fans, but it happens soon or later to have some issues (compatibility, companies goes out of business or just discontinue their products and so on).

My suggestion is always the same, put your money where there is customer respect. If U-he, FabFilter, GForce, Melda, and lots of other companies are alive without shitty systems, i see no reason to feed shitty business model that can goes against me.

If Roland worked that way, you at least already had the installer that worked before on your system, to continue your own project, that is now hostage of a company.

The only things you can do is to write them and to ask for support, since you gave them your money, and hopefully at least they could figure it out.

And for the future, when you wanna buy something, use this experience at your own advantages, knowing what/where buy and what discard.
I even write mails to companies telling them their drm system is the reason i don't buy their product.

Good luck with your projects, i hope they can help you somehow

Caine123 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:54 pm hi guys, with all these ilok, elicenser and other plugins i never had problems with authorization until Roland Cloud.... i just wanted to continue on 2 songs which have some roland vsts and i f*cking cannot load em. thanks roland.

i got version 3.1.3 installed since a month or so. now i wondered where my RCM icon is. i restarted the pc and still no icon, when i load a plugin it says no RCM found. i checked my task manager but it is running. so no uninstaller in the control panel, you have to start the maintenance tool in the folder (wonderful programming lol). and then uninstalled it. i restarted my pc. then i reinstalled v3.1.3 and the icon appears and after a second disappears again. this is just so bad bad bad. i also deactivated my antivirus app and it changes nothing.

does anyone have any ideas? any tips or maybe have also these problems?

welcome to the digital shit era where you are dependant on cloud services. yeah im guilty using this crap.
I would uninstall/reinstall RCM and all the plugins and see if that helps.
What helped me was I looked for RCM installs on my PC, and found that somehow it was installed in two spots on two drives. I uninstalled both of those and reinstalled and then RCM worked fine.

It's a bit strange on your system that the icon is there, but then it disappears. I wonder if you have some malware on the PC in some form or another. You can check it out with Malwarebytes and see if it finds anything.

seems there is some strange problem with the new v3.1.3, i had no issues before.

still got kaspersky installed and had no probs either with RCM.

i got it now but i think i can blame Roland and KAspersky or i dunno cause here it comes:

after i completely uninstalled and restarted the pc and then installed and restarted the pc just to be sure it was still behaving the same. strange thing is also the RCMservice in the task manager wasnt running. so i went to the roland cloud folder and stated the RCMservice manually and it stayed in the task manager but NOT the rolandcloudmanager.exe, it still disappeared after a second. so now i deactivated kaspersky and then started the rolandcloudmanager.exe again and it stayed this time with the sign in screen of the app. then i clicked sign in. what now happened is strange, it loaded my webbrowser with prompting me to sign in (roland cloud .com something like that) and then it verified me.
seems that kaspersky might block this communication the app wants to do with the webbrowser is blocking as i think this might be flagged as malware or a typical hijack tactic kaspersky is thinking, i dont blame it, cause what a stupid system this is anyways?

so yeah i dont blame kaspersky here but Roland cloud, this system is just bad and weird and since v3.1.3 it seems to suck even more. this is the only software which behaves like this and doesnt work with kaspersky.

sad thing is, i have a lot of drm vsts and even i think NI sucks big times you can activate the current products without problems, ilok works, elicenser works, avenger works and many other online authorization plugins. this is the worst i encountered so far. stupid me wanting to use their vsts...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm it loaded my webbrowser with prompting me to sign in (roland cloud .com something like that) and then it verified me.
I think it always works like that every 30 days or so. It opens the browser to their page and I sign in.
Maybe there's a setting in Kaspersky that you can add website addresses to allow it to pass through.

Return to “Instruments”