samplerate conversion

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, thanks for this interesting program.. hope this is the right place to ask somer questions.. i see that here is maybe no time to answer, its not urgent or important, but interesting for me.

I just installed it.. on a macbook air m1, sonoma.

Question, what happens when i dont engage samplerate conversion for a transfer.. just the original data ? But tagged with what samplerate? The original one ? or 44,1 or 48 khz?
And all files get converted to 24 bit all the time or stay 16 bit files 16 bit?

And the central question, since apples internal quicktime samplerate conversion is pretty good..better as the one in logic.. at least it has been like this the last time i checked some years ago.. So i wonder if the convertter uses the os internal quicktime converter? Or an integrated one in the program? how good is the sample rate conversion? Not that i will find out in time..but are there any info or opinions regarding this topic.

thanks again and best regards,
Sven Röhrig

Impossible to know what you mean. What's the issue currently. What are you trying to do.
The sample rate conversion is generally good enough for most applications. But it would be easier to answer if we knew exactly what is the issue or what it is you're trying to do. You're a bit all over the place.

3phase wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm Hi, thanks for this interesting program.. hope this is the right place to ask somer questions..
Until we know what "this interesting program" is, I assume this subforum is not the right place.

NB: In the off-topic section you may find a "this plugin" thread which was quite funny (until it was not funny any more :lol: )
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

3phase wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm Hi, thanks for this interesting program..
what interesting program?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hi sorry, slipped into the wrong thread.. I am talking about the ConvertWithMoss sample conversion tool, that will. allow me to use my old emulator 2 lib files in my recently purchased 1010music black box.. and thats prettty cool and safes a lot of time..however it cant convert directly from old sounddesignenr files..but them can be converted to soundfont files, and than i can convert with c.w.m. to the 1010 format.. just not sure yet wether its better to use the samplerate conversion or not.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”