Bitwig 5.2 Beta & D3D

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SmajjL wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm
kurt008 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:18 am
Surely every real Linux user know the classical weakness of Linux - drivers. And it costs as little as a few minutes to find this out using something like Google. If Bitwig really intends to prefer a user to buy
I have Live 12 and Push3 and/but i am on Linux with Bitwig and using drivenbymoss scripts, no Way i am angry at Bitwig just because someone like "drivenbymoss" have solved something for many devices.
I think Moss even is thankful himself that Ableton is Open enough so he can do his magic in the first place, some devices (Brands) are Way more closed and i don't think Bitwig is into the hacking business, feel free to charm some companies to open up for Linux if you want ;)
Also, with so many DAWs available, surely there must be something for you out there that stinks the least.. so you can use the better smileys :phones:

There are components with working drivers, but that is far from common for Linux and if you are a long term Linux user you simply know it (whether you agree or not doesn't matter - "Google is my witness"). This info is almost as old as the www and can be found in really even the poorest search engine..
I know, that my graphics card is "supported" by AMD only for Ubuntu (2 specific versions announced), Red Hat and Suse - that's it. Of course some different hardware still is compatible, because the functions don't differ much - but nobody knows about this for sure, as long as one isn't able to have a closer look inside.

May be there are some guys around who are willing and able to "convert" some scripting files from an Ubuntu system to Debian, may be. But - for sure - this hardly will be the average Ubuntu/Debian user!

Btw... my criticism seems to be written is backward Chinese or so, because even the word "criticism" seems to having been marked as "bad word" of "evil people" or even "conspiracy theorists" for the majority of users. Well, it's up to you all to praise literally everything to the blue skies - I won't agree (most people meanwhile obey the "herd instinct" ... but I'm not "most people"). There is a lot of software I tend to like and - believe it or not - I even recommend apps. But ... Bitwig Studio doesn't belong to even one of both. And even more: Although I like(d) initially the concept of Bitwig Studio: It's demonstrated practice and what this "company" presents to the (more or less...) surprised customer is far from a point I would recommend to a person with a good conscience in mind. If I want to take the piss out of someone, I most likely would recommend the use of Bitwig Studio to him/her. But to a seriously interested person? Never!

And that's it for this Forum topic - I'm out here, too.

And to those of you, who are even too poor to be able to let such a statement without having the last word (yes, this points to those, who are the biggest heroes ... but only here on the web): You can comment how and what you like - I won't care anymore. That's your chance!

Poor people... :roll:

"Over and out"

It would help if you'd take a basic english language course, or a course in "reasoning and writing", before posting.

:band: :harp: :violin:

drsyncenstein wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm It would help if you'd take a basic english language course, or a course in "reasoning and writing", before posting.
But yet, it was funny. One of the best involuntarily funny post of the week.

A good reminder of the negative effects of drugs lol...

Reading it, I was imagining Bitwig CEO joyful face seeing he was getting rid of this user and the Linux distribs CEOs face-palming themselves realising that this kind of person is their user base.

kurt008 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:42 pm ...
Well, you might want to keep and eye on this: https://www.zrythm.org/
Just know it's pretty new, so ...
screenshot-20240208.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^That thing will give me OCD :lol:
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am ^That thing will give me OCD :lol:
Seems pretty usable, functionwise. The layout and especially the typography could be a lot better, it's pretty cluttered. Probably insulting someone with this though.

drsyncenstein wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm
JHernandez wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am ^That thing will give me OCD :lol:
Seems pretty usable, functionwise. The layout and especially the typography could be a lot better, it's pretty cluttered. Probably insulting someone with this though.
It messes my sense of order.

This someone may want to learn how to separate offense from insult.
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”