Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While we wait with excitement, the next update will probably be native Vision Pro support as the major feature :)
But I hope at least they add the iPad versions Browser.

I bought a Mac almost 3 years ago in excitement of finally being able to use Logic.... and I did.
What a disappointment.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:20 am I bought a Mac almost 3 years ago in excitement of finally being able to use Logic.... and I did.
What a disappointment.
Why? Not baiting you. Honestly curious why.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:23 am
Because Live is so much better at the way I like making music. Not because Logic is bad per se, I just like Live a lot more :)
If Apple came up with a controller half as good as the Push is, then I might reconsider :)\

To be more precise: I couldn't finish a song in Logic. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't gel with me.
I keep it updated. every plugin I buy I put it in the List... just in case... I just don't like using it that much
If Apple ever does a paid upgrade, I don't believe I'll do it.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 am
Because Live is so much better at the way I like making music. Not because Logic is bad per se, I just like Live a lot more :)
If Apple came up with a controller half as good as the Push is, then I might reconsider :)\

To be more precise: I couldn't finish a song in Logic. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't gel with me.
I keep it updated. every plugin I buy I put it in the List... just in case... I just don't like using it that much
Right, pretty much my own feelings as well. But damn how much I dislike the arranger in Live. I know lots of people don't have issues with it, but for me that's just one big advertisement for Logic or Cubase.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am But damn how much I dislike the arranger in Live
It's simple. And that is its advantage :)

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am Right, pretty much my own feelings as well. But damn how much I dislike the arranger in Live. I know lots of people don't have issues with it, but for me that's just one big advertisement for Logic or Cubase.
Logic's Step Sequencer is freakin awesome... nothing like it in Live.

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 am If Apple came up with a controller half as good as the Push is, then I might reconsider :)\
Push never gelled for me when I was still using Live.

I get more use out of Logic Remote on my iPad Pro than I did from Push.

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am
sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 am

Right, pretty much my own feelings as well. But damn how much I dislike the arranger in Live. I know lots of people don't have issues with it, but for me that's just one big advertisement for Logic or Cubase.
Most irritating thing for me in Lives arrangement is there is no "Start from Last location" option. Playhead always locks to selected clip and that makes it hard to work on a clip while keeping the playback start from another location. Just can not get used to it.

andypryce wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:44 pm Most irritating thing for me in Lives arrangement is there is no "Start from Last location" option. Playhead always locks to selected clip and that makes it hard to work on a clip while keeping the playback start from another location. Just can not get used to it.
This is IMO one of the things I have a hard time getting over when using Live and Bitwig, the 'intuitive' playhead that doesn't allow for multiple ways to address playback. I mean obviously people like it, since it's in more than one DAW, not me though, it feels gummy.

machinesworking wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:05 pm
andypryce wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:44 pm Most irritating thing for me in Lives arrangement is there is no "Start from Last location" option. Playhead always locks to selected clip and that makes it hard to work on a clip while keeping the playback start from another location. Just can not get used to it.
This is IMO one of the things I have a hard time getting over when using Live and Bitwig, the 'intuitive' playhead that doesn't allow for multiple ways to address playback. I mean obviously people like it, since it's in more than one DAW, not me though, it feels gummy.
I thought it was optional in Bitwig, no?

Any chance a new Logic Pro update is around the corner?

I really want to see a better browser and plugin search capability in the menus. Next would be any updates to Mixer.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm Any chance a new Logic Pro update is around the corner?

I really want to see a better browser and plugin search capability in the menus. Next would be any updates to Mixer.
Plugsearch (a 3rd party tool for Logic that is unfortunately paid 50$) just updated with some big upgrades. May be worth the money now for some people that didn’t think so before.

I think they are doing 6 month update cycles since the iPad paid app. We will see. But I expect to see something end of may early June. But just kinda going off the pattern since the paid iPad app with 2 releases they may not be sticking to this.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:15 pm Any chance a new Logic Pro update is around the corner?

Plugsearch (a 3rd party tool for Logic that is unfortunately paid 50$) just updated with some big upgrades. May be worth the money now for some people that didn’t think so before.

I think they are doing 6 month update cycles since the iPad paid app. We will see. But I expect to see something end of may early June. But just kinda going off the pattern since the paid iPad app with 2 releases they may not be sticking to this.
Thanks, Plugsearch is great and I have demoed it recently. One thing I don't like about it is the animated actions post search. I wish Logic Pro adds this natively in the next update. I have been holding on for the next Logic Pro update before I buy Plugsearch.

I wonder if Apple plans to release a Logic Pro update post the event on May 7.

It's been almost 5 months since the last bug fix update 10.8.1, so it might be a clue for 10.9 or whatever is coming soon. Otherwise we would already have had a 10.8.2 bug fix update.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”