Digitakt II Launched

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now launched, rumour no more!

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/introduc ... -ii/212312

16 audio tracks - stereo or mono - or MIDI
Digital Sound Engine
3 assignable LFOs per track
Multiple Effects
400 MB memory for samples
Sequencer 128 steps per pattern per track
20 GB disk storage
2 inputs and 2 outputs on balanced 6.35 mm jacks
Trio MIDI
USB 2 port
OLED display
Compatible Overbridge
Swappable filters: 1 Base-width filter and then 1 from Multi-mode, Low pass 4, Comb, EQ, or Legacy LP/HP
Delay, reverb, chorus, bit reduction, sample reduction, and overdrive per track
Updated modular workflow
Euclidean sequence generator
4 × Trig modes
Song Mode create, edit & play full compositions with ease"

Enjoy :D
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Stereo sampling will make a lot of people very happy!

That's a pretty serious set of new features. Looks like my Digitakt resale value is about to drop like a rock, though.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

That’s great news!

Sorry Cryophonic about the resale value!

It’ll take a short term dip, but I think should recover similar to the analog heat mk 1/2.

I’m happy it’s the same box. That’s all I cared about. I won’t be purchasing one as I’m sticking to Push 3, flaws and all. Digitakt is much faster to work with samples but I don’t think I’ll need it, but wouldn’t mind one if they go on sale in the future.

128 steps! 8 leds to keep track of pages.

That’s significant for making it the only machine.

Wish they had done that with Syntakt, but not sure Id need with 128 with Syntakt.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 pm Stereo sampling will make a lot of people very happy!
yup

One question is if the auto normalizing will be in place too. The same way, no options ?
This was not allways a good thing.

I hope some of those sequencer enhancements make it to the OTmk2 and ARmk2. When they added conditional trigs to the AR and A4, those features eventually made it to the OT (even the original), so maybe it will happen. Fingers crossed.

Glad they added MIDI learn, but my only disappointment so far is that they didn't add a USB host port for connecting and powering an external MIDI controller. Every standalone groovebox needs this feature IMO - it's so much easier when working with musical notes than trying to punch musical ideas/chords in with the buttons. Oh well, that won't stop me from upgrading.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

justin3am wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:09 pm I hope some of those sequencer enhancements make it to the OTmk2 and ARmk2...
yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to have that on my ARmk2 and on the A4mk2 (which I sold like a dummy, but will likely buy again when I find the right deal).

I guess I'll wait for the MKII version of Syntakt then.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 am I guess I'll wait for the MKII version of Syntakt then.
May be a whilk, its taken the Digitakt over 7 years to get to the MKII

All the Syntakt needs is a firmware update to get most of these features inc 128 steps (easily done with juts the 4 LEDs), not new hardware. The Digitakt needed a hardware change for stereo sampling and storage, so the MKII makes sense.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am
egbert101 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 am I guess I'll wait for the MKII version of Syntakt then.

All the Syntakt needs is a firmware update to get most of these features inc 128 steps (easily done with juts the 4 LEDs), not new hardware. The Digitakt needed a hardware change for stereo sampling and storage, so the MKII makes sense.
Yes "All"...or "just"...you just haven't explained how are you so sure that current hardware is capable of running such an update. As if they aren't already utilizing all of the hardware resources.

kmonkey wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am

Yes "All"...or "just"...you just haven't explained how are you so sure that current hardware is capable of running such an update. As if they aren't already utilizing all of the hardware resources.
Electron have a great history of delivering significant software updates over time, Digitakt was still getting significant updates (like new slice mode) after 7 years.

I doubt Syntakt will be any different and it is there newest machine. They obviously were not using all the hardware capability as in the last year or so they have already added an entirely new 'song' mode and 2 new synth engines along with a lot of other stuff...I am pretty sure they have left a bit of space left for improvements in the future, its just code, it doesn't take a lot of space (unlike holding samples).

I mean, the MKII is likely indicating an upgraded CPU so stocks of the old hardware are dropping. This happened with their earlier machines and it happened to Korg. So they're basically forced into upgraded hardware so may as well add additional features. More effects, but in the case of Syntakt an opportunity perhaps to add 8-bit or 12-bit sample engines (I know this is some major wishful thinking but the possibility is there). Even so, a Syntakt MKII is a logical progression, and yes, I'll happily wait for it rather than buy one now (I've been pondering buying one for months at this point.).
<List your stupid gear here>

If this is true this is a day one for me. Digitakt is the second coolest thing I own.

But guys... 16 voices, stereo, a lot of memory. Wouldn't making the Digitakt into a polyphonic sampler be like flipping a switch?
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I agree with Slic here.

Digitakt needed changes to add in the biggest user requests, which were for stereo sampling.

As for the Syntakt components… I don’t believe they need more to do more. If they had changed the Digitakts screen to full color and ditched the current box I’d think differently. So far the only big change seems to be the 8 leds instead of 4.

Here’s the gut and discussions all about those ST guts.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/syntakt-pcb/171667

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”