UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm Ok what about for owners of the bundle?
This is still unanswered. I am curious as well..

Weird to release this (beta or not) without the bundle logistics figured out. Their website is a hot mess and a total clusterF, which apparently makes sense to them. Unfortunately, it makes for a broadly bad user experience compared to other plugin makers for buyers. I have to spend extra time trying to figure out their download system every time I buy or update.

Sure hope they decide to take care of bundle owners well.

Fingers crossed they get the hint - there seem to be loads of Morph 3 users coming from the bundles. If they go for any other price than the same as they charge owners of Morph 2 for, it might be a mistake.

andi75 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 am
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm Ok what about for owners of the bundle?
This is still unanswered. I am curious as well..
It was *meant* to have been worked out by now - I bought the crossgrade last month with what I thought was a valid [non-bundle] Morph 2 iLok license, however I forgot that a year or two later I had surrendered that standalone licence when upgrading to the bundle. Support gave me a temporary 90 day license and in the email said:
... the full set of upgrade/crossgrade/etc items is available on April 15th, we figure out the best fit for your needs
Obviously that date has been and gone ... but hopefully it'll be announced soon . Hopefully !

they actually wrote: for the bundle users the price won't be higher than the early access (179 euro), which suggests it could be higher than the early access upgrade (79 euro). I asked them but they did not reply.
Anyways, I really like the 3 pro :)

When I asked in March (on first page of the thread), Dennis said

"You will definitely not pay more as a DESIGN Bundle owner upgrading to the newer version of the Bundle ;-)"

I've taken that as being it will be $79. I think also originally they said the bundle upgrades would stsart 16th April which was the date of ending the single plugin upgrade offer. Then they increased that offer to 25th April.

So we might know tomorrow.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I hope they don't treat bundle owners in a lesser way.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Looks like they heard the user base:

Last edited by jules99 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi all,

Actually, we had the PLAN all sorted out from day #1, but it is simply a crazy amount of work to create items and paths from anything to everything. So either everyone waits longer, or some people get in earlier. We decided to roll with what we have as an Early Access, and said so from day 1.

We did have to move the date back by 10 days though, due to various issues including people calling in sick, including myself. Even writing a single coherent sentence was beyond me.

At any rate, we have upgrade options from pretty much anything to pretty much everything now. An overview of the available options is at https://www.zynaptiq.com/morph/upgrades-to-morph-3-pro/

In a nutshell: DESIGN or REMIX users pay USD 69/EUR 79 if only wanting to add MORPH 3 PRO - same price as the Early Access upgrade. Or, you can go DESIGN/REMIX to CREATE or ZAP IV for more $ in total (but at a higher discount).

Users that mistakenly purchased the upgrade for an individual MORPH 2 license earlier, but have a bundle: please ping us & we'll sort you out (we will ping you, but it is likely faster the other wy around). If you just want to up your DESIGN or REMIX, we'll simply swap the license. Optionally, we can put the $ of the upgrade towards going for the new CREATE or ZAP IV bundle instead, up to you.

Cheers,
Denis
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Hm..during comparing face to face v2 and v3 (with Classic algo), with the same settings and material, found case when v2 sounds quite different, with high clean spectra \ sharp, whereas v3 without this / more faded.
I tried in v3 change some resp features like enable 64bit proc, disable Formants section, enable "v2 formant mode", but it not helps.
And in this case Complexity fader in v2 (Detail in v3) have different impact to timbre, particularly in low values (in v2 more interesting).
Strange mb some issue (?)
(And during that, v2 eat 16% vs 28% in v3)

If need i can make video example (DAW' project with this behavior was saved, so it will easy to reproduce).

But i liked some features in v3, think about upgrade, trialed yet.
In general, since it still provide access to v2 fortunately, this issue could be rather like even feature heh (well, always better have more variability than repeating the same, right), but i worry about character of this difference (as not a plus for new).
In any case need just make sure that this is intended behavior.

Just wondering if I might have an error or if this is intentional: there are only 11 presets in Morph 3 Pro. Which, compared to the hundreds of presets in AdaptiVerb or Wormhole, hell, even the almost 30 in Morph 2 seems like there is something missing.

Is that intentional or is it just a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling it (this is coming from version 3.10)?

That is correct, not a lot of presets yet, but more are incoming soon. A whole bunch of MODELER files, especially.

We're doing this release very differently to how we used to to do them, much more incremental and steady-stream-of-smaller-updates, as opposed to making a super-perfect v1.0 that then stays as-is for years. Both have their pros and cons, we're trying something different this time.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

c_voltage wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm If need i can make video example (DAW' project with this behavior was saved, so it will easy to reproduce).
Thanks for big interest, so here i upload:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/40f8jsyy ... o.mp4/file

Can see that difference not subtle.

Added: sorry i forgot to show that change of main Gamma/Detail faders not change situation (if someone could think), so, here another short proof with this (and at once little demo of work second fader in v2 in low value).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mu6kr9s9 ... 2.mp4/file

BUT - important - there is no constant conclusion here. Again, i had other incoming materials where there was no audible difference between v2 and v3 (with the same settings as above).
If need can demonstrate too.
It's like as in v3 the Classic algo was mixed with his plug some new "adaptivity" (that was no in v2 ?).
In any case, this behavior shows that v3 does not replace v2.

Summarizing, frankly, why am I bothered with all this (considering that we not lose access to v2) - but because (with upgrade) we lose acces to v2 pre v2.6 builds lol. And given described behavior, just am afraid that exists something similar in the case of v2.6 vs v2.*.
Maybe it's just paranoia, but who knows. Would like at least a statement from dev that there is no difference between v2.6 vs v2.3.1 - v2.5 (in morphing engine i mean). This would be enough for a calm perhaps.

Wanted to compare it face to face too, but it turning out that there is no ability to do this - installation of v2.6 auto removes previous dll's (even if we have vst2 from old build and will try install just vst3 from new, nope).
But i did check at least by memory, seems similar \ the same. But can't be fully sure with no direct compare.

The only difference between v2.5 and 2.6 is the copy protection. As to differences between classic v2 and classic v3 – will have a look at your video, thank you. Seems the difference in that particular case is mainly the amount of treble. I'd think this may be a case of boosting the wobbly synth sound a little.
In general, it IS a re-write, so there may be differences with some material. Notably, the windowing is cleaner now. But not anything substantial for making new sounds. For a 1:1 recall of your sessions, there's v2.6.

Does anyone know how you get hold of and install Morph 2.6 if you are a design bundle owner? I've just realised mine is 2.3.
I'll but updating but I want to 2.6 for old projects.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Effects”