BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

BlueARP plugin v2.5.3 released, along with the firmware update for the BlueARP DM.
Get it here:
https://omg-instruments.com/wp/?page_id=46
Mostly a bugfix release and aligning with BlueARP DM development, but also new cool mode 'latch + sustain' which works nice for guitar picking arpeggios.

Changelog:
1. BugFix: chain variations don't switch reliably for input condition 'input keys' or 'input notes'
2. When 'page lock' is on, changing pattern page doesn't reset the lock as it was (this way it is easier
to edit long pattern page-by-page while keeping 'page lock' on)
3. Pattern page buttons replaced with typical 'dragBox' control, with the added right-click menu to copy/paste
pattern pages (the menu duplicates the one available via MENU button)
4. 'arp state' and 'operation mode' swapped on the GUI to make it consistent with the hardware GUI
5. 'arp. latch' checkbox replaced with dragbox, new value 'latch+sustain' - latches input chord and sustains
generated notes, works great for guitar picking patterns
6. BugFix: crashes when order algo = 'chord, normalized'
7. BugFix: aftertouch condition for chain variations didn't work reliably
8. BugFix: crashes or freezes with order algorithm = 'chord, normalized'

I still have some stuff in mind and it needs a bit more debugging, but next few months I won't have much time for BlueARP and it is good and stable enough already I believe. It everything goes ok, late 2024 I'm going do some minor improvements and concentrate on making tutorial videos for BlueARP, I have lots of ideas of making content with BlueARP (both plugin and DM)

Big thanks for these updates!

I'm about to check it out but my current setup relies a lot on the old version with a load of VST param references etc. Do you know if there'd be likely to be problems running this version and the previous one side by side? (I'm running on Reaper Win10 if that's relevant).

Thanks for the update, Oleg! :tu:

sdp6000 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:11 pm Big thanks for these updates!

I'm about to check it out but my current setup relies a lot on the old version with a load of VST param references etc. Do you know if there'd be likely to be problems running this version and the previous one side by side? (I'm running on Reaper Win10 if that's relevant).
Thanks for the supportive feedback :)

For me, all previous saved projects & presets are working fine in the new version without a problem (testing in FL Studio, Unify & Live 12).

If I didn't miss anything, if should pick up older projects fine. Regarding arp functionality, nothing changed in the core, except the addition of chain variations. Which should not affect existing projects. There are mostly GUI improvements.

graywolf2004 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm

If I didn't miss anything, if should pick up older projects fine. Regarding arp functionality, nothing changed in the core, except the addition of chain variations. Which should not affect existing projects. There are mostly GUI improvements.
My setup also relies a lot on the old version and I found the new version doesn't work as expected:

In the old version, switching between 2 programs ("Silent dummy" and "MIDI thru dummy" when a key on my MIDI keyboard is pressed and held) "mutes and resumes" the MIDI note. In the new version when I switch the program to "MIDI thru dummy", the MIDI note doesn't "resume".

Also, the number of velocity steps has been reduced in the new version (no fine adjustments) - this can be a problem when BlueARP is used with MIDI Converter plugins (e.g. Velocity to MIDI CC Converter).

EDIT: I just found that in the new version we still have 128 velocity steps, so it's ok :D

Return to “Instruments”