Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ians wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 pm
martiu wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:05 pm is this thing spectral?
Buy now anyway.
send money now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I bet Simon will finally find the beauty in this beast. Its just so uncommon and different than any other synth in this world. If you throw away all ideas about what it should be or do and just explore it, you will find the teasures…
You can make complex sounds without any iris - the way you tweak the iris oscillators is a whole universe of new ways to tweak an oscillator, way beyond of the one dimensional move through a wavetable. It multidimensional in any aspect…

I love this masterpiece of softsynth…

Jesus, I don't know what some of you have been smoking on that MYTH discord channel, maybe it's all those blinking candystore icons which created the cult around MYTH? Without the Irises it's just an FM synth with various distortion modules, some very cool filters and effects and the usual Dawsome modulation system. There is no magic, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up (signal gets louder from reverbrated to dry).

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm I bet Simon will finally find the beauty in this beast.
i guess not :shrug:

it is a great/interesting sounding synth though :tu:

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:19 pm

Oh ffs no. First of all, it comes with plenty of samples (and their irises and modal / resonator models) that have already been selected to work well.
Only many people think they don't , hence the recommendation to resort to using other plugins to "prove us wrong"
Second, it's not hard to get good sounding results resynthesizing samples if you're using presets as starting points
Sorry but having to resort to using presets over making your own sounds is a pathetic joke for a $179 synth

I have around 4TBs of samples in my personal library

FFS having to buy another VST or having to be reduced to using only presets is unbelievably lame when you charge $179 for your software

I am glad other people find it useful, as for me I will continue to use HALion7 and the Spectral Zone as well as Synclavier V for resynthesis

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 pm Jesus, I don't know what some of you have been smoking on that MYTH discord channel, maybe it's all those blinking candystore icons which created the cult around MYTH? Without the Irises it's just an FM synth with various distortion modules, some very cool filters and effects and the usual Dawsome modulation system. There is no magic, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up (signal gets louder from reverbrated to dry).
It uses several (apparently) new variations on FM which sound at least different---and IMO better---than standard FM. And you're forgetting about the physical modeling.

FM on sine waves and physical modeling generally lack the richness of samples. The irises provide some of that, so they do seem like an improvement on using sine waves or noise.

But I agree with you about Discord's gui (all Discords, that is...). Unfortunately I like Myth enough that I'm about to subject myself to the Discord....

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 pm
FFS having to buy another VST or having to be reduced to using only presets is unbelievably lame when you charge $179 for your software
dont buy it then, there is no "having to".

Second, it's not hard to get good sounding results resynthesizing samples if you're using presets as starting points
Sorry but having to resort to using presets over making your own sounds is a pathetic joke for a $179 synth
Do you understand what "starting point" means in English? You can very quickly get radically different results.

You're stuck on the idea that Myth is primarily about resynthesis. It surprised me too, but it's not.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:14 pm Jesus, I don't know what some of you have been smoking on that MYTH discord channel, maybe it's all those blinking candystore icons which created the cult around MYTH? Without the Irises it's just an FM synth with various distortion modules, some very cool filters and effects and the usual Dawsome modulation system. There is no magic, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up (signal gets louder from reverbrated to dry).
Whatever has been smoked I think you need to smoke some and calm down. It's only a synth, why get so worked up?

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm
dont buy it then, there is no "having to".
I don't plan to buy it but that's fine

But apparently my opinion is null and void because I have been proven wrong as Myth does sound good if you just use Serum first, or stick with presets

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm You're stuck on the idea that Myth is primarily about resynthesis. It surprised me too, but it's not.
And yet according the website you buy it from MYTH is primarily about Resynthesis. The VERY first thing they say is

"In classical synthesis, oscillator waves are mostly static and you add filters and modulators to "program" all the variations to make the sound organic and interesting. MYTH offers a paradigm shift:"

And what is that paradigm shift away from classical Synthesis?

OMG it's resynthesis

"drag and drop audio and it will be re-synthesised as an IRIS."

So why which is it? Is MYTH a paradigm shift using resynthesis or isn't it?

Because it's sure marketed that way, take a look for yourself
https://www.tracktion.com/products/myth

well it seems a synth that splits an audience, what is the main thing of Art, i think.

what does not work for you, can work for me, and vice versa.

it really works for me, i focus (pun intended) on the IRIS, and of course use the Transformers, that the IRIS has already the things i like, and of course i make variants; with the transformers and the effects/modules.
especially the Modal/Resonator modules; i like, with my own samples.

i can get that you don't get it, like i don't get, well many soft synths.....

the way of things, as always. nothing new.

i like, i can use it for my music in a great way. nothing new. that it can work for me and not for everyone else...
Last edited by WasteLand on Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:37 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm You're stuck on the idea that Myth is primarily about resynthesis. It surprised me too, but it's not.
And yet according the website you buy it from MYTH is primarily about Resynthesis. The VERY first thing they say is

"In classical synthesis, oscillator waves are mostly static and you add filters and modulators to "program" all the variations to make the sound organic and interesting. MYTH offers a paradigm shift:"

And what is that paradigm shift away from classical Synthesis?

OMG it's resynthesis

"drag and drop audio and it will be re-synthesised as an IRIS."

So why which is it? Is MYTH a paradigm shift using resynthesis or isn't it?

Because it's sure marketed that way, take a look for yourself
https://www.tracktion.com/products/myth
First of all, that is not the "very first thing they say". The first paragraph is: "A Living Beast

MYTH was built to create the joy and inspiration we feel when playing with hardware. Instead of “programming” sounds you create sounds by exploration and tweaking. The sound is rich and organic, and the entire system acts like one organism."

Now I partly agree with you that they're overemphasizing the resynthesis aspect a bit. But as for the "paradigm shift": read the very next sentence after the one you quote. "The inherent variations and richness of the sample can now be exploited with the TRANSFORMER dials. Of course - you can also add classical LFOs, envelopes or filters as much as you want." The transformers, using the variations and richness of samples as a sort of organic seed for the transformations, are the "paradigm shift". Not just "drag and drop into the resynthesis engine and you're done". Perhaps the resynthesis method optimizes the variations in the samples for use with the transformers. Does it actually have major advantages over using a non-resynthesized sample or a wavetable and applying FM, wave morphing, or physical modeling? The developer seems to think so. And IMO it sounds great---better than Bazille or Plasmonic. (Not to mention Phase Plant and Pigments....)

That said, you seem to be getting overly upset about this. Perhaps you'd be better off spending the money on therapy? ... Or is complaining on the internet your therapy? That is cheaper than therapy, true....

Should have called it Marmite

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm Should have called it Marmite
Love that name ... will consider it for my next one!!! :-D

Return to “Instruments”