I bought too many soft synths

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The moment when you realize you've bought too many plugins and might have a problem:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

masterhiggins wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am The moment when you realize you've bought too many plugins and might have a problem:
Seems a pretty reasonable number for me. Are you sure you have enough reverbs?

machinesworking wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 am
mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm i'll take a lot more Hard Bass though, we call it Donk! making up a large % of the bounce scene
DJ Blattyman is my personal favorite, just wish his country wasn't f8cking up Ukraine, but I'm sure he's not happy about it either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rPGfJfneHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOlUU8l8j5M
Bit too sophisticated for me....

Bloody posh....

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 am And what, exactly would those restrictions be? I can only think it's down to your lack of imagination and/or skill.
you just can't help yourself can you? is there no situation where you won't indulge in a pissing contest? it's both funny and sad.

well, show us your l33t skills and get the oscillators to produce a sine wave without having to spend a filter, route an lfo to x-mod or use the two envelopes independently to control the vco outputs rather than just the vca overall.

as I know how all your exchange go: you don't want that? I'm happy for you.

but don't pretend these are not restrictions that are perfectly sensible in the context of components soldered onto a pcb but not so much if doing a software-based synth.

You've Got Enough Plugins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No auto tune...

masterhiggins wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am The moment when you realize you've bought too many plugins and might have a problem:
I think I have 56. :o
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

To be kind of fair, a lot of mine are broken up into several AUs based on output count (mono/stereo/8-output/sidechain/midi controlled fx).

It's mad to think that any of these crazy people they portray themselves to be actually spend hours locked infront of a computer, mangling up sounds!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm It's mad to think that any of these crazy people they portray themselves to be actually spend hours locked infront of a computer, mangling up sounds!
Google gopnik slav squat adidas to understand what's going on.

Lightweight! Those are just the free plugins.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm
Google gopnik slav squat adidas to understand what's going on.
is it "you are having some sort of seizure"?

±1 plugin makes the difference between too many plugins and not enough plugins.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

VOODOO U wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm Just got back from helping ghostwhistler clean up his bedroom closet.
Needs more VCAs.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 amPhase plant is not to be used to tweak presets. Phase plant really shines in its easiness to put on complex sounds from scratch and in particular audio rates modulations (so you have an unmatched control over FM and RM, AM) and per voice effects, again in an hard to beat easiness.
None of that stuff really interests me in that way. I just want to make great, usable sounds to use in songs. How they get made and obsessing over having control over every aspect of the process is, to my mind, the death of creativity. You may as well be playing with a spreadsheet.
Finally, it's routing options are insane and again super intuitive.
Again, of absolutely zero interest to me. I don't care how clever it is if it doesn't give me what I want. I get far more use out of kHs One than I do from PP. I really like kHs One.
As per the sound quality, I do often end up with a bit more EQ or putting a sub layer with a sine in order to increase the low end and it is all fixed.
If I have to EQ it, it's a fail as far as I'm concerned and I'll look for something else that can do the job properly.
gaggle of hermits wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 amyou just can't help yourself can you? is there no situation where you won't indulge in a pissing contest? it's both funny and sad.
It seemed a reasonable question to me. Sorry if having to explain your thinking upsets you.
well, show us your l33t skills and get the oscillators to produce a sine wave without having to spend a filter, route an lfo to x-mod or use the two envelopes independently to control the vco outputs rather than just the vca overall.
Why would I want to do that? That's not what these things are for. They are musical instruments used to create songs, not scientific instruments used for arcane research purposes or to prove some theory. Seriously, I have never found any use for a sine wave in my music, so being able to create one is of less than no interest to me.

Honestly, it's a stupid way of thinking about anything. You know, the "this needs a sine wave", "this needs to be an FM sound" or "I'll need a wavetable synth for this part". It might make some sense as a starting point, if you have something specific in mind, but it's otherwise a very limited way of going about things.
but don't pretend these are not restrictions that are perfectly sensible in the context of components soldered onto a pcb but not so much if doing a software-based synth.
They're not relevant restrictions. If they were, there'd never have been any decent electronic music before software synths became a thing, would there? Therefore it is not unreasonable to suggest that if you can't make good music with less complex synths that you are lacking in some area(s) that others possess in sufficient quantities to make good music. It's a perfectly reasonable proposition.
Last edited by BONES on Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm
VOODOO U wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm Just got back from helping ghostwhistler clean up his bedroom closet.
Needs more VCAs.
Only one oscillator actually works. The rest is just for show. Kind of like hair band guitarists having 600 half stacks on stage.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”