spectral rebalancers/optimisers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TDR has several plugins with resonance detection and attenuation (GE versions)

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:01 am Oh yeah! That's a great option too. It's different in some ways, and takes a fair bit more practice to use well. It's spectral so you gotta be a little careful about some of its artifacts (at hard settings mostly). But once you know your way around it it's just outstanding. Decidedly the best free option out there, for this purpose, IMO.

EDIT: That is Auburn Sounds Lens. In case that wasn't clear.
I'm in absolute love with Lens.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Vospi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 am
Andreya_Autumn wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:01 am Oh yeah! That's a great option too. It's different in some ways, and takes a fair bit more practice to use well. It's spectral so you gotta be a little careful about some of its artifacts (at hard settings mostly). But once you know your way around it it's just outstanding. Decidedly the best free option out there, for this purpose, IMO.

LENS ⁉️

What's the big USP there ⁉️

Sound ... features... workflow ...what sets it apart ⁉️

sokoleski wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:27 pm
Vospi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 am

LENS ⁉️

What's the big USP there ⁉️

Sound ... features... workflow ...what sets it apart ⁉️
It just looks sexy. We all love it because it is sharp.

Never heard of these Auburn people/person before. What's the skinny with them?

I like wavesfactory Equalizer. Don't see a lot of chatter about it but I like it quite a bit.

Also Gulfoss works for me, I know some don't get on with it but I for one do. DSM is cool too if a bit fiddly. Never got on with the others. Don't use the izotope ones for some reason even though I have Ozone and Neutron. Don't really use Neutron anymore though.

Simpler is better with these types of things IMO. If I can can move a few sliders or turn a couple of knobs quickly and hear a result I'm golden. If I have to start tweaking I won't know if the changes are for the better. YMMV.

Kappa_Beta_Hi-Phi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:50 pm Never heard of these Auburn people/person before. What's the skinny with them?
Read the praise here, so had a look. They claim Lens can do "over the top upwards compression", which got me interested, so I just installed the demo.

Digging deeper, it seems that what they mean by upwards compression, is just a wet dry balance (parallel / NY comp) lol

It's not proper upwards compression if it's also introducing a squashed version of the peaks.

To me, over the top upwards compression would be bringing up the noise floor to audible levels, while keeping peaks perfectly intact (which I can already do with various comps).

This thing can only give me what FL's mix knob already gives me on every single fx slot.
Lack of knowledge, or purposely deceptive...

Either way... fail. Uninstalled.
Last edited by _al_ on Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

since when, can I not delete a double post :x

_al_ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:24 pm since when, can I not delete a double post :x
Since always...

Always....

.Always..

Hornet sleek just released - Ultimate Resonance Suppressor
https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-sleek/

sokoleski wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 am I'm getting a lot of milage from DSEQ for resonance taming... And TEOTE for spectral balancing .

I also use HORNETS ThirtyOne MK2 on almost every track, which is crazy cheap right now BTW.

Ozone Stabilzer ...is pretty decent as well.

...SKNote .. Soundbrigade , gets used every now and then.
KVRAudio website says, that Soundbrigade is VST3, but I did not find any info about VST3 on SKnote website. Where's the truth?
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

Yep, itS VST3 , I just checked my plugin-folder :love:

yzcoruhT wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:49 pm
sokoleski wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 am I'm getting a lot of milage from DSEQ for resonance taming... And TEOTE for spectral balancing .

I also use HORNETS ThirtyOne MK2 on almost every track, which is crazy cheap right now BTW.

Ozone Stabilzer ...is pretty decent as well.

...SKNote .. Soundbrigade , gets used every now and then.
KVRAudio website says, that Soundbrigade is VST3, but I did not find any info about VST3 on SKnote website. Where's the truth?

TEOTE is great plugin for balancing the spectral content. It's a lot like Izotope's Neutron Sculptor or Gullfoss. I don't have a favorite. Honestly, just get them all and see which one works best on the signal you're processing. With all the rebalancers and resonance suppressors available, there is no one-single-solution. There are dozens of testimonies and discussions about them. They're all good. For the record, the top spectral shaping and resonance suppressors I use are TEOTE, Soothe, and MSpectralDynamics. Those alone are in most of my projects. While I own many of the others, these typically work the most effectively. In rare cases, I might reach for the others if I'm not getting the sound I'm looking for.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Return to “Effects”