Anukari Synthesizer: Sound through the laws of physics

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got basic delay lines working, and they're great fun:

https://youtu.be/qYPwItCQs6w

Is there any modeling of sound in the space around the models? I'm guessing that might be too much and all the interactions are mechanically coupled together. I'm very excited to play with this. It's looking like the bees knees for physical modeling as well as one of the best visualizations of this sort of thing I've ever seen.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:34 pm Is there any modeling of sound in the space around the models? I'm guessing that might be too much and all the interactions are mechanically coupled together. I'm very excited to play with this. It's looking like the bees knees for physical modeling as well as one of the best visualizations of this sort of thing I've ever seen.
No modeling of the space around the models, I'm afraid. Your guess is correct that it's just too much computation. Right now everything that's linked has to have some kind of mechanical connection. Now, you could decide to link everything to everything yourself, and that would probably work for very small systems. But for a larger-scale system it would probably be too slow. That said it would be very cool so I'm always thinking in the back of my mind how something like this would be possible!

I can't wait to check this out. Will you have an "auto polyphony" system where a voice is spawned per note or where a set of duplicate voices without interaction can be instantiated from a single system?

Implementing that kind of thing would also open up per voice automation and modulation in a cool way. I'm In to making my own set of voices that all interact in various ways but I can imagine many people would like to be able to easily clone things out "per voice".

anukari-music wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:11 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:34 pm Is there any modeling of sound in the space around the models? I'm guessing that might be too much and all the interactions are mechanically coupled together. I'm very excited to play with this. It's looking like the bees knees for physical modeling as well as one of the best visualizations of this sort of thing I've ever seen.
No modeling of the space around the models, I'm afraid. Your guess is correct that it's just too much computation. Right now everything that's linked has to have some kind of mechanical connection. Now, you could decide to link everything to everything yourself, and that would probably work for very small systems. But for a larger-scale system it would probably be too slow. That said it would be very cool so I'm always thinking in the back of my mind how something like this would be possible!
Just to be a pedantic jerk, the transfer of kinetic energy through a medium like air is indeed a mechanical connection. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:43 pm I can't wait to check this out. Will you have an "auto polyphony" system where a voice is spawned per note or where a set of duplicate voices without interaction can be instantiated from a single system?
I'm not totally sure yet. The first thing I am going to try is an "auto-tuning" system where you can tell it that you want a particular sub-system to produce a given note and it will figure out how to adjust the parameters to do that (possibly with some constraints around which parameters you allow it to touch). If that works, at a minimum you'll be able to say "duplicate this 32 times on a chromatic scale."

Whether I can go beyond that to something more like what you describe is uncertain. It will depend on how fast a sub-system can be tuned, etc. But it would definitely be really cool so it's certainly on my mind.

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:47 pm Just to be a pedantic jerk, the transfer of kinetic energy through a medium like air is indeed a mechanical connection. :lol:
:clown: Right you are, right you are.

I hadn't even considered the tuning issue with trying to clone setups. I can imagine lots of fun ways of abusing such a tuning system.

I'll keep watching your videos and waiting to check out a release.

Good luck

Quick demo: mass LFOs with oscillators

https://youtu.be/ecLuwzhfjjA
Fusion

This is looking extremely interesting.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 am This is looking extremely interesting.
Very glad to hear that! And thanks, Yadrichik_Chaya, for posting the video here.

Sorry that I haven't been producing more demo videos in the last several months. The good news is that the reason I've been posting fewer videos is that I've been 100% focused full-time on building the plugin. So despite the lack of demos, I'm making huge progress. It's getting more usable every day! :)

the digital evolution: DX7, VP-1, Anukari.

This is very intriguing indeed. Looking very forward to an Apple Silicon native AU release!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Return to “Instruments”