Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

I like its noisy chorus and fluffy baselines and overall boringness. Noisy, fluffy, boring, it matches me well.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Not as solo bass like a big fat moog that presses everything else down.
The juno bass can be good decent bass in a mix, where other arps and plugs don’t get under in the mix

seafire wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm The bass is awful, it's fluffy. Polyphony was obviously a big draw, but soundwise, not so much.

Chorus is noisy, never got the fixation with that.
That's how a Juno 106 sound
If you don't like the bass set to 1, the HPF filter and reduce the sub.
Turn off the chorus and pick up the TAL Chorus, practically the same result
Last edited by Gam456 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm Not as solo bass like a big fat moog that presses everything else down.
The juno bass can be good decent bass in a mix, where other arps and plugs don’t get under in the mix
I much prefer the 106 to any Moog.

For me it depends - I prefer a Moog Bass in my music, but sometimes a Moog bass is to fat and other synths can’t come through. It’s good to have a choice.
A Juno 106 would be a waste of space in my studio, I prefer my matriarch or a prophet 6.
But to have all of this synths as plugins in an amazing quality like Softube - it’s really cool to have access of so much synths. I also really like the sh-101 but the Softube and Tal plugins are good enough that I don’t need the real deal.

Return to “Instruments”