Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And it opens up with a patch from one of my favourite sound designers, and then you also have patches from arovane..sigh... Resist the GAS :).

I assume (cause I haven't read the manual yet), there is an easy way to set the default size of the GUI... I did a save as Default in settings but that didn't seem to work.. vst3 Cubendo, apple silicon 14.4.1

rsp

edit: ah yes there is.. I was looking the wrong place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Does this indicate USE OPENGL is on or off? the choices is this gray dot or the x as in above...I would imagine that if it was on, it would do the green/blue dot like Remeber UI Dimensions.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Is there a way to midi cc learn the Four Macros?
I did a quick search in the user guide for midi cc and learning and didn't find anything.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm Does this indicate USE OPENGL is on or off? the choices is this gray dot or the x as in above...I would imagine that if it was on, it would do the green/blue dot like Remeber UI Dimensions.
rsp
openGL is off. because you don't use openGL therefore it is gray.

it must remember the UI dimensions.

please contact support or go to:

https://discord.gg/7yj8tmPyBJ
Last edited by WasteLand on Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes me again.. so I click on the browse 'button' and the browse opens at the bottom... how do I get rid of it, clicking browse again didn't do anything.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm Yes me again.. so I click on the browse 'button' and the browse opens at the bottom... how do I get rid of it, clicking browse again didn't do anything.
rsp
clicking on one of the sections above, for example OSC 1 or MODS...

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:12 pm Does this indicate USE OPENGL is on or off? the choices is this gray dot or the x as in above...I would imagine that if it was on, it would do the green/blue dot like Remeber UI Dimensions.
rsp

A red X for on is an odd choice.. anyway I went to the discord.
rsp
sound sculptist

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:31 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm Yes me again.. so I click on the browse 'button' and the browse opens at the bottom... how do I get rid of it, clicking browse again didn't do anything.
rsp
clicking on one of the sections above, for example OSC 1 or MODS...
hi yes.. I finally figured that out.. thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:33 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm
rsp

A red X for on is an odd choice.. anyway I went to the discord.
rsp
red X is for off. but indeed if you have many questions, discord is for you! and others

everybody is invited to Dawesome Villaga, a lot people are already on it.... and a group of people who worked with MYTH already, so a lot of help can be given!

The Spellbound patch overloads MIDI in Ableton 12 and produces audio dropouts. However, there is no appreciable load on my 8-core CPU with that patch.

Myth is an insta-buy for me.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

gnu23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 pm The Spellbound patch overloads MIDI in Ableton 12 and produces audio dropouts. However, there is no appreciable load on my 8-core CPU with that patch.

plays fine here (windows 10). which OS? CPU?

it doesn't use a lot of voices, but has a lot of Modules.

or do you have a very low sample buffer size? if you have an adequate CPU?

MYTH uses only one core, by the way.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 pm
gnu23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 pm The Spellbound patch overloads MIDI in Ableton 12 and produces audio dropouts. However, there is no appreciable load on my 8-core CPU with that patch.

I have an 8-core AMD CPU with 16 threads. ECO mode uses at least 6%, and most presets use 13%. Some take up 40%.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:01 pm

Yeah, I can tell it only uses one core. I have a separate CPU monitor.
Win 11, btw. CPU is Intel Core i9 11900K (Rocket Lake), underclocked to ~ 2 Ghz.

I increased the output buffer size from 4096 to 8128 samples - that helped but it still produced dropouts.

Reducing the In/Out sample rate from 44000 to 32000, and changing Default SR & Pitch Conversion from High Quality to Normal cleaned it up.

(ETA: Underclocked? Yeah, for gaming. I can go to above 4 Ghz but even with a great cooling system, thermal shutdown will occur in games like Diablo 4. NVidia 3090 32 GB GPU, btw. Also, make no mistake, I love MYTH - great synth and developer.)
Last edited by gnu23 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

gnu23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pmWe shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---
On that note, I wish the "brass" and "string" transformer knobs in Myth offered us more options than just... a knob. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I've watched some overview videos but haven't started the demo yet.) Pull back the hood of the knob to fiddle with its molecular rearrangements....

gnu23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm Yeah, I can tell it only uses one core. I have a separate CPU monitor.
Win 11, btw. CPU is Intel Core i9 11900K (Rocket Lake), underclocked to ~ 2 Ghz.
2GHz is extremely slow I suggest unless it can clock higher than that for a single core?
I wouldn't want to run that low even with a current generation CPU.

Return to “Instruments”