M-Audio keystation pro-88: has it stood the test of time?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rod_zero wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 pm The keys are horrible. If you want some control over the DAW I would suggest maybe getting a Ableton Push 1 second hand, their prices are good.
was this about the keystation 88 or the keystation 88 pro? Different keybeds, one's wood hammer weighted

Hello Bob!

I would love info about your setup, can we hook up about this, please?

Best,
El

bobco631 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:59 pm I always found the KeyStation Pro 88 keybed to be difficult , higher velocity on the black keys for my playing style , personally . However , I do appreciate the midi facilities and connection possibilities with the midi interface , DIN in and out , two ports , usb connectivity , sliders and knobs for days , decent sized screen still working for me , I've had this since 2004 or so , what a beast . So I've chopped her up and it's surprisingly useful , and modular sort of . The circuit boards can easily be removed and there is a decent amount of slack to reposition portions , I've hacked off the pitch bend and mod wheel as a unit and repositioned parts so that it doesn't take up as much room and is much more convenient to my work flow , there it is , that often misunderstood , overused word , my work flow . I eschewed the keybed and associated input circuit , all the boards save for the main board with the usb input can be omitted or included , I really just want the PB CC board , but for now I have the sliders and knobs board mounted as well , this unit is great for re purposing , perhaps I'll make a video about it if anyone is interested , for me it's great to get some use out of this beast , love the midi and CC facilities still , don't miss that horrid keybed at all though .
Hello Bob!

I would love info about your setup, can we hook up about this, please?

Best,
El

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”