Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

Krow Elacs wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:23 pm The core of my request is the implementation of a "Per Channel Tuning" feature in the upcoming Zebra 3 synthesizer. This innovative approach...
I'd very much prefer that we don't add yet another custom tuning method to the ones we already support. With what we currently have, I don't see how these are limited in any way.
We support microtuning tables in most of our commercial synths (you can create your own ones and load them into our synths), and MTS-ESP, for more about that PLEASE CLICK HERE.
I'd ask that you try to use these existing methods to achieve your goals as best as possible.
Then again, I don't decide these things at u-he.

Viktor

It's a real concern for users of keyboard instruments like the Lumatone, which have more than 128 keys. For the record, the The MTS-ESP API has the potential to enable what Krow Elacs wants, though most of the MTS-ESP masters don't provide the multi-channel tuning tables.

Implementing it internally (to enable its use with internal tuning tables) isn't that bad in isolation. "Just" check the MIDI channel of an incoming note and add or subtract octaves (and add an on/off switch somewhere). We do it in Surge.

The problem is that it conflicts with MPE, and with the MTS-ESP tuning/channel thing, and with any other use of MIDI channel...

I really wanted Zebra 3 for a long time, but today i thought, it just been so long i really dont care anymore since the market is flooded with so many amazing and powerful synths. And Zebralette 3 isnt something i find interesting now. I hope im alone in this because i love uhe and want for it to have a successful z3 launch.

No worries.

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am I hope im alone in this because i love uhe and want for it to have a successful z3 launch.
I think you are alone in that :lol: I finally got around to watching Urs' intro video and dipping my toes into Zebralette 3 and whew... :o I can't imagine how powerful Zebra 3 will be... (although I do hope it ships with an optional dark GUI theme? :D )
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

PebbleInAStream wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am
Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am I hope im alone in this because i love uhe and want for it to have a successful z3 launch.
I think you are alone in that :lol: I finally got around to watching Urs' intro video and dipping my toes into Zebralette 3 and whew... :o I can't imagine how powerful Zebra 3 will be... (although I do hope it ships with an optional dark GUI theme? :D )
I do believe that but its been 10 or more years since it was announced qnd im a uhe products user since 2011, so im just a bit burned out from the waiting and Zebralette 3 oscillator is powerful, but so are phaseplant or current and i care about the end result which mentioned vsts deliver better then Zebralette 3. So that's that, im just burned out of waiting. But because i have already bought zebra and zebra hz back in the days ill get it free, so defo gonna try out :-)

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am I really wanted Zebra 3 for a long time, but today i thought, it just been so long i really dont care anymore since the market is flooded with so many amazing and powerful synths. And Zebralette 3 isnt something i find interesting now. I hope im alone in this because i love uhe and want for it to have a successful z3 launch.
I've have waited and waited for you to post this, but now it has been so long that I just don't care.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Just enjoy the stuff that’s already out :)

Just wait for ZebraHZ3 :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “u-he”