Cutting Loops to Create Songs in a Daw

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mix both Apple Loops and LoopCloud Loops. I've had as much success hunting and pecking in my library with Logic Pro loop browser as well as the LoopCloud Plugin which is a little more effort really.
I would love comments on this set of tunes concentrated on a Free Jazz format.
I mix primarily with an Apollo Twin with a host of UAD plugins as well as Tannoy Reveals, and Onyko Power amp.
Here is a link to the album on Bandcamp.
Comments would be appreciated, and thank you. I've been poking around KVR for more than 20 years.
I am still unable to post a URL for some reason hitting the spam filter but will persevere.

https://sonarxlstuff.bandcamp.com/music
https://sonarxlstuff.bandcamp.com/album/jewels
Last edited by WayneD123 on Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Very cool! I love hearing someone doing something besides EDM, rap, and ambient for a change. I especially like track 2 "Jazz". Very upbeat, refreshing, and fun to listen to. I'm a bit old school and I love classic jazz, i.e. Coltrane, Parker, etc. I will listen to more this evening. Well done!

I also work with audio, loops and one shots. I work exclusively with an iPad Pro and have found that multiple tracks of MIDI, effects, and automation really slow things to a crawl. I convert everything to audio and mix down from that. I can have 20 - 30 tracks of audio render in less than a minute. If I want to change something, I just delete the offending track, made a few edits, "Freeze" it back to audio, and try again.

I would love to use some material like this in a few of my songs. Being WAV or MP3, I'm sure it will work on my little iPad. Can you point me in the right direction?

Have a great day!

Edit - I found that Bandcamp URLs no longer work. I used them for a while, and suddenly they just stopped working! If you don't mind using SoundCloud, they work every time. I just copy the URL into the text of my comment, and they just work. I believe you can get up to 3 hours of music for free. They also have an unlimited membership which costs a few bucks, but I think it's worth it for me. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the tip about SoundCloud and for the listen. The band cap is set up so that you get six listens and then have to subscribe to get more. It is also set up for resale so if a person doesn't purchase a track they don't get to listen to more. It's the first place I've posted most of the newer work to and I'll rethink that and look at SoundCloud. Go to Loopmasters and rather than their online stuff, buy whole loop packs, although their online subscription is very reasonable and their plugin works like a soft synth, syncing with your tracks while you sample different loops.

Damn… your music is killer! Listening on headphones. Really digging it. I am from Chicago and spent many nights in Joe Segal’s Jazz Showcase listening to the best. This would fit right in. Smokin’ Jazz!

Thank you very much.

Return to “Music Cafe”