Say you're broke...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Broken is person,who have no options and it's on the edge of surviving like that tiny fish on bottom on the food chain:)
If you have house to live,food on table and working computer,you are not broke,just temporary difficulties.
So the question is how much important music making is to you and why you spend money for it ?
My answer is simple - music is my life,it shaped me as person and i'll listen and make music till i can,cause without it my day is grey.
Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am Broken is person,who have no options and it's on the edge of surviving like that tiny fish on bottom on the food chain:)
If you have house to live,food on table and working computer,you are not broke,just temporary difficulties.
So the question is how much important music making is to you and why you spend money for it ?
My answer is simple - music is my life,it shaped me as person and i'll listen and make music till i can,cause without it my day is grey.
Cheers :)
Good call.
Music definitely helps me get through the day. I first learned to play chords on the old broken guitar hanging on the wall, it belonged to my Mum and sounded terrible. But when I finally got a guitar of my own everything sounded amazing

Funky40 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am Title should be 'How to make music if you are broke' or something...
+1
would make more sense.
make somebody a new thread for this ?*

* let´s have a nice discussion in a new one
and keep this here for what it has been intended ?
There will inevitably be someone who says, "broke means you don't have two cents and therefore you have bigger problems than making music or some other such nonsense."

Maybe, something like "Inexpensive Hosts, FX, and Instruments to Make Music With Cheap."

Have we named all the reverbs yet? That's when you know it's time for a new thread.

"I'm broke." There, I've said it. What do I win?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 pm "I'm broke." There, I've said it. What do I win?
I think that you win an essential reverb.

That reverb joke is funny,any news about reverbs :):):)

Bombadil wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 pm "I'm broke." There, I've said it. What do I win?
you win free synth vst to start making music :hug: :hug: :hug:
https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/
aliasing plugin owner
:?

:wheee:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 pm I already thought about it. If I were richer in time and poorer in money, I would just buy Bitwig. It already has everything for mixing and mastering and with the grid you can build any instrument or midi player you can dream of.
Yes, the one I could not replace with free software. I need inspiration, and thats what its giving me. I could easily produce with any free tools, but it would not give me that sort of inspiration. I could even replace my Max/MSP with Pure Data, though I would need to relearn my expertise of 30+ years of Max…
And I would fight to keep my Macbook…

jens wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 pm I don't think the sound-quality would suffer from using only free stuff. But stuff like Melodyne is nigh impossible to replace.
No one *needs* melodyne.

_leras wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:39 am
jens wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 pm I don't think the sound-quality would suffer from using only free stuff. But stuff like Melodyne is nigh impossible to replace.
No one *needs* melodyne.
No one needs DAWs or plugins either - or computers to begin with.

I didn't say I need Melodyne - I said it's near impossible to replace.

Would I want to do without it? I absolutely would not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”