NEW FREEWARE: High Resolution Grid synced True Peak Oscilloscope (VST3 / AUv2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone! 🎶

I'd like to introduce you to a freeware oscilloscope:

The idea was to create a beat-synced oscilloscope, that has a big display and high resolution, is easy to navigate, and depicts the actual audio data played. That was over 8 years ago and was one of my first plugins as a 'get into plugin coding' project. It is the 3rd or 4th iteration now, and I am quite happy that after so many years it's here:

Audija OScope

To download the Freeware, go to audija.com/plugins and click "DOWNLOAD FREEWARE"
*The differences between the freeware and paid version are Sidechain Input and Channel Overlay - these two features are only in the paid version.

True Peak:
We see all samples and avoid missing peaks when we print one audio sample per pixel. However, when we zoom out, we suddenly have to condense hundreds or even thousands of samples into a single pixel column. If we just pick one sample out of this range, we end up losing sample peaks in our visual representation, rendering us unable to spot unwanted peaks, if necessary. To achieve a 'true peak' representation of the captured audio data, each sample range per pixel must be checked for the lowest and highest sample. These samples are then depicted as a line for that pixel column. Only this way we will see all peaks in our oscillogram - no matter how far we zoom out, if there's a sample that jumps out of range, we'll be able to spot it!

Navigation
Use your mouse to zoom and pan on Oscillogram and Decible scale

Length
The recording loop's length can be set relatively to the grid to capture long periods or to view single beats.

Freeze
For recording independent analysis, the oscillogram can be frozen.

for a full overview, please refer to audija.com/oscope

If you have any questions or feedback, I'd be happy to respond! ✨🎛️
Jan

hello@audija.com | audija.com

Picked this up when I purchased Kickdrum- great little product for aligning kick/bass phase, very easy to use and with just the right amount of features. Using it in every tune i make. Nice work, mate 👍

swilow11 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am Nice work, mate 👍
thanks mate! 🙋‍♂️

Love it!
And it's free! The guy calling himself "HIM" has recently released a Plugin going by the name of Sub Ninja which is a synced oscilloscope with a lowpass filter. It was free for a limited period of time and is now 29$ iirc.
But I can easily combine ISOL8 my go to 5-band splitter and your great little gift and I get the same for free. that is simply incredible!

--
BTW: For some OSI-Layer 8 reason I've typed in a wrong postfix to your url ... and your server reacted with the following error message, which is actually not best practice. Please think about not disclosing the implementation details of your website... a simple trace uuid instead of a stacktrace might do the job.

org.springframework.web.servlet.resource.NoResourceFoundException: No static resource pluginsPSyScope.
at org.springframework.web.servlet.resource.ResourceHttpRequestHandler.handleRequest(ResourceHttpRequestHandler.java:585)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:52)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:1089)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- double post / deleted --

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:15 am Love it!
[...]
a simple trace uuid instead of a stacktrace might do the job.
org.springframework.web.servlet.resource.NoResourceFoundException: No static resource pluginsPSyScope. [...]
Thank you for the nice feedback :tu:
also thank you for your website improvement tip - we will handle that!

***EDIT, Kevin (Webmaster) replied: "Very important information, very cool move. Very helpful, we'll fix it soon."

Return to “Instruments”